Reply to this topicStart new topic
Touching Base
Kyre
post Jul 17 2005, 01:36 PM
Post #1

Stacy's Mom

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 176

Hey Hi Howdy!! I haven't talked to any of you in quite some time, so I thought I'd drop a line...touch base....blah, blah, blah if you know what I mean.
I just got back from my 4th year at Moondance Jam. Drank way too much toast.gif had to become very intimate with a porta john as my lunch no longer wanted to party with me.
Lynard Skynard was awesome, but Cinderella made my night. Honestly...blast from the past..sang along to every song.
Would anyone know what happened to the original lead singer for Ratt? This has been eating away at my brain all weekend. They just weren't the same and David Coverdale is old....so old. (shivers).
The other thing I noticed was the lack of clothing on people. Honestly, just because you can put it on doesn't mean you should wear it in public. Didn't they look in the mirror before they wandered outside? You just want to say "Honey, you just aren't thin and your boobs need more support."
Well hope you all are having a nice summer.
Take care buttrock.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jul 17 2005, 09:25 PM
Post #2

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Hey hey Kyre! Always good to hear of your escapades with liquor. beigelaugh.gif

I've been keeping myself busy babysitting neices and nephwes for spare change, drawing, reading(old comic books), and just recently purchased a new computer for myself. So I've also been ripping some songs onto my computer. beigesmile.gif

Glad to hear your doing okay. toast.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Ellianna
post Jul 18 2005, 06:19 AM
Post #3

Solid Frame

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 125

Ratt's brash, melodic heavy metal made the Los Angeles quintet one of the most popular rock acts of the mid-'80s. The group had its origins in the '70s group Mickey Ratt, which had evolved into Ratt by 1983; at that time the band featured vocalist Stephen Pearcy, guitarist Robbin Crosby, guitarist Warren DeMartini, bassist Juan Croucier, and drummer Bobby Blotzer. The band released their self-titled first album independently in 1983, which led to a major label contract with Atlantic Records. Their first album under this deal, 1984's Out of the Cellar, was a major success, reaching the American Top Ten and selling over three million copies. "Round and Round," the first single drawn from the album, hit number 12, proving the band had pop crossover potential. While their second album, 1985's Invasion of Your Privacy, didn't match the multi-platinum figures of Out of the Cellar, it also reached the Top Ten and sold over a million copies. By that time, the band could sell-out concerts across the country and were a staple on MTV and AOR radio. Both Dancin' Undercover (1986) and Reach for the Sky (1988) continued the band's platinum streak and their audience, had only slipped slightly by the time of their final album, 1990's Detonator.

In 1992, Pearcy left Ratt to form his own band, Arcade, issuing a pair of releases -- 1993's self-titled debut and 1994's A/2, before forming another new band, Vertex (issuing a lone self-titled release in 1996). With their brand of glam metal out of step with the then-burgeoning alt-rock movement, Ratt decided to sit out much of the '90s -- during which time DeMartini issued a solo album, Crazy Enough to Sing to You. But by the late '90s, the public's interest in '80s rock began to perk up, leading to Ratt reuniting in time for 1997's Collage. Two years later, Ratt's second self-titled release of their recording career was issued, following the same formula as its predecessor.

Shortly thereafter, Pearcy left the group once again, as he soon began fronting two bands, the more modern-sounding outfit Vicious Delite (a self-titled debut appeared in 2000) and Nitronic. Pearcy also formed his own record label (Top Fuel Records), and released several collections of archival material -- Arcade's A/3: Live & Unreleased, Mickey Ratt's The Garage Tape Dayz 78-81, and under his own name, the demo collection Before and Laughter. 2001 saw the release of Pearcy's first true solo album, Social Intercourse. Despite Pearcy's exit of the band, Ratt continued to carry on with new members Jizzy Pearl (former Love/Hate) on vocals, John Corabi (former Mötley Crüe) on guitar, and bassist Robbie Crane joining original members DeMartini and Blotzer. In the summer of 2001, long M.I.A. Ratt guitarist Robbin Crosby disclosed to the public that he was battling AIDS, and Croucier soon began organizing a benefit album for his former bandmate. After struggling for years with the resulting health problems, Crosby died in Los Angeles in June 2002. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine & Greg Prato, All Music Guide

there ya go heh, good to see ya kyre....and what are you doing sick, didnt think kyre got sick from drinking beigelaugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kyre
post Jul 18 2005, 06:10 PM
Post #4

Stacy's Mom

cry2.gif Long Island Teas kicked my ass Saturday night...should have stuck to my ol' faithful whiskey.
Thanks for the update on Ratt and it's good hearing from you both. I miss my big galka...one day I might pick up the PS2 again (my son has it at the moment).
Congrats on the new computer, I just got mine last month and am amazed at modern technology.
you all take care and don't be afraid to drop me a line, summer just gets too hectic to game religously for me.
I am a sun goddess and with my umbrella drink in hand all I do is float in the pool (straight from Walmart, don't want you all to think I'm gloriusly rich or anything).
shades.gif
Has anyone been playing FFXI? I'm getting really nostalgic now.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jul 18 2005, 07:53 PM
Post #5

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Well, I actually stopped final fantasy XI like a month ago or so sold all my stuff deleted my character and canceled my account. I've been trying to do more constructive things with my time. I think it was becuase I met so many good people such as yourself that I played the game for as long as I did. But a'las I have set some very lofty goals that I will have a very difficult time trying to achieve by playing FFXI. Maybe in one of your moments of clarity we'll have a good spirtual chat about budda and liquor. beigelaugh.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Ellianna
post Jul 19 2005, 05:54 AM
Post #6

Solid Frame

a handful of us still play that's about it cry2.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Jul 19 2005, 09:31 AM
Post #7

This is my custom member title.

Member No.: 121

that handful is still pretty large however ;)

I also see a lot of people who just don't keep in touch quite as much

+Quote Post
Kyre
post Jul 19 2005, 05:25 PM
Post #8

Stacy's Mom

Buddah and liquor should go together, or no? I get confused on the liquor part. I understand about time though and goals.
In a way I'm sad there is no galka to go back too on the other hand, that makes me feel a little less guilty about not playing.

I love hearing from all of you, that was the best part of playing and always will be for me.

Social butterfly...that's me. You all keep in touch. Elli, how's your daughter enjoying summer? My son is entering 6th grade in the fall. That's only 4 more years before he is driving his mother around. Arrggg...I need a drink, I'm aging before my eyes!

toast.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ellianna
post Jul 20 2005, 02:21 PM
Post #9

Solid Frame

my mom has a gallon size bottle of So.Co. *grabs it for kyre*...my daughter goes back to school begining of August she'll be in 1st grade, we took a trip up to NC in the mountains for a few days right after we were out of school, 2 weeks after we were back from NC we were in a bad car accident so her summer was kinda of ruined, but we're leaving on monday with my mother to go to the beach for 4 nights least that's something my mom can do with her a bit since i'm still kinda gimpy lol i didnt want her summer to be a total waste

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:34 PM