Nintendo 3DS US Launch details, March 27th, $249
Crushinator
post Jan 19 2011, 09:57 AM
Post #1

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

From Joystiq:

The Nintendo 3DS will hit stores in North America on March 27, at a price point of $249.99, as revealed today in New York City. It's available in Aqua Blue and Cosmo Black.

The 3DS was first revealed in a cryptic press release in March 2010, shortly before the North American release of the DSi XL. In addition to increased processing power and screen resolution, the system promises adjustable 3D visuals without requiring 3D glasses. It also includes built-in augmented reality games, some using bundled "AR cards." An "Activity Log" tracks your gameplay as well as your steps, graphing each and dispensing "Game Coins" that can be spent in games. You can make Miis either in a menu interface or automatically from pictures. Other features include a 3DS version of the DSi's sound app, a web browser, and 3D video capability.

Marquee Nintendo games on the horizon include an updated remake of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, along with new Pilotwings, Star Fox, Nintendogs, and Kid Icarus titles, and the original submarine game Steel Diver. From third parties, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition is possibly the biggest, with Dead or Alive, two Resident Evils, and Metal Gear Solid 3 games also in the wings.

Exactly the price I predicted. Kind of a spicy meatball, though, considering its a handheld. I with only 2 months left I guess we'll be hearing about launch titles soon.

Also of note, Nintendo revealed that the 3DS will continue to use Friend Codes (boo-urns), but there is now a singular friend code tied to your system, instead of having a different one for each game. Almost there, Nintendo, almost.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:28 PM