Reply to this topicStart new topic
New Quest Impressions
Mute
post Apr 30 2003, 08:20 AM
Post #1

Sunbro

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 25

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but a friend of mine posted his initial thoughts on the quest elsewhere, so I figured I'd share them with you. ^_^ I'll post my thoughts as soon as I give the quest a run through.

QUOTE (Sashi @ Apr 30 2003, 03:53 AM)
Uhg.... this is a tough quest... I really dont want to spoil it.

So, I wont say much.

As many of us know, from screenshots, you have Elly with you. You go through Beta temple, then to Beta Spaceship, fight gol dragon, CCA (main hub, not Jungle, Seaside, Mountain) and the Control tower.

There is more to it than hack and slash. There is plenty of storyline, and I wont spoil any of that for you.

I do recomend playing at a lower difficulty than you usually play at. I had Elly die 3 times on me, and called it quits for the night (3:45am...). Oh, and this was on hard mode with a level 84 FOnewearl.

You can save your progress half way through the quest. If you die or Elly dies, or quit, you can continue from that point. If you die, its insta quit (like fami cup) but if you have a scape doll, you can get right back up and fight.

I would bring you nice, hot, car smell scented screenshots, but you cant take in game screens during online quests (boo).

I belive this is a permenant quest, and will be up, like the rest are.

Its under "VR"

I didnt get to see any new enimies. Didnt get that far...  

So, those are the most basic details. Like I said, it is has lots of dialog, and is full of depth. Dont expect to beat it the first time through.

There are also a few new graphic effects used.

Oh, one last thing. Alot of the pop up messages that the quest likes to use as dialogs make the same sound as the "New Mail!!!!" beep. Its annoying at first, cause I always thought I had new mail... but you get over it.

Anyway, Im done. Ill try the quest more later. I dont have any info on your quest reward, as of yet. I really hope its some new toy, and not cash, for as long as this queest is.

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Apr 30 2003, 01:17 PM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I can vouch for this quests difficulty. I've only played it on Ultimate so far, but it is definetly a test for your PSO skill and item management. Elly is ALMOST totally useless. She is level 170, but only uses a Varista, Barta, and Gibarta to attack. If you fall into critical health near her, she will cast resta on you (refilled about 500 hp on me), but her resta range is really small, so if you aren't close enough when you get hit she wont' cast it. If you are poisoned or confused, she will cast Anti on you, but she won't do it for shock/slowmo/freeze. Speaking of freeze, the "wiggle trick" is disabled for this quest, so having a Cure/Freeze is probably a good idea.

PSOW's tips for the quest are wrong as far as the computers in the control tower go. They say you have to attack them, and fight the enemies released, but if you just walk up to them and then press A when you are near the correct computer, Elly will activate it and open the door without spawning the monsters. Mericalol spawns often in the Control Tower, and his insta-death shot will kill Elly just like it does any other players, so if that guy shows up, you can pretty much bet you are gonna fail the quest if you're playing on Ultimate.

There are a lot of cool effects used in this quest, and I think that if they would just incorporate some of this stuff into multiplayer online modes (Ep2 challenge?) PSO would be like 10 times cooler than it already is.

If this quest was multiplayer, I would probably play it a whole lot in the future, but since its solo only, I probably won't be touching it beyond this week. beigeroll.gif Sucks that the Control Tower area is only available in the quest too...why the hell did they add 3 new enemies when you can't even team up against em?

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
kyori
post Apr 30 2003, 03:24 PM
Post #3

HUnny Powah!

Group: Associates
Member No.: 28

Hrm.. I did the quest on normal (All I had unlocked). It was pretty fun, the cutscenes were cool too. While for the control tower.. I just smashed all the panels beigebiggrin.gif beigebiggrin.gif BTW did anyone see Epsilion? Plus, the wiggle trick does sorta work. Only from those trap guns, but I think if its the blue lightning then it won't work. :shrugs :

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Apr 30 2003, 04:49 PM
Post #4

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

Almost made it to the gol dragon this morning but I got megidized by facking gsorc. :(

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Henge
post Apr 30 2003, 07:09 PM
Post #5

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

i really dig this quest IMO ST earned ther HL fee this month, this is by far the most inovative quest since the release of gcpso.

so now i ask ST: whats next for the cct?

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Apr 30 2003, 09:47 PM
Post #6

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

I was surprised/dissapointed with the new enemies.

Del Lilys were the ones that dissapointed me, I knew I wouldn't expect much, but they're like every other lily, they just sit there. And their scream drops your HP down to 1 HP. Pretty big mofo's as well, about Gibble sized. Otherwise, they're like any other Lily. And they only appear by them selves... (wtf what about those pics that had like 5 lilys o_O) Unless I'm missing something,

The Ill Gills really surprised me, they're the most challenging enemy in PSO IMO so far.

They'll do all kinds of weird stuff to piss you off, freeze you, confuse you, all that crazy stuff, plus they have really awesome (and annoying) attack patterns. They took me out in a matter of 6 seconds, I didn't even realize what the hell happned, my HP got cut down, then BAM, Guild Counter.

On ULT they're your worst nightmare. X_x

I'm gonna keep doing this on ULT till I beat those damn gills (and epsilon since I guess he's after those 3 gills in the last room) I ain't givin' up till I kill at least one of those shmucks.

My gripe is the part after the save point, CCA is so god damn long and boring, the cut scenes are annoying after you seen them like 50 times. Wish the savepoint was right before the tower. cry2.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kyori
post Apr 30 2003, 11:28 PM
Post #7

HUnny Powah!

Member No.: 28

o_O you really can get new weapons and stuff from this quest somehow, the japanese are ahead of us on this......Im sure the ring is quest related.. no idea about the other stuff.
Elly ring? (What it was called at Ahking's)
user posted image
user posted image

Many thanks to my friend muffin for digging this up from gamefaqs beigebiggrin.gif Anyone meet mother or delta even?

+Quote Post
Dive
post May 1 2003, 12:15 AM
Post #8

Antarctica Traffic Control

Member No.: 1

beigebigeek.gif I am speechless once again....

More new weps??? I wonder if there are other weapons that will be added in upcoming quests? This makes this new quest even cooler.

I only have CCA cleared on Ultimate so I only had a chance to try it there. It was prety tough, but a very cool story. I didn't get very far and will give it another try tomorrow. I guess I will have to unlock CCA on an easier difficulty. attention.gif

+Quote Post
Crawurm
post May 1 2003, 03:02 AM
Post #9

Freelance Engineer

Group: Validating
Member No.: 12

user posted image
This looks like Sonic Knukle (easter egg item)

user posted image
This is definately Blade Dance ( Curse of the ORAN ) I think

Also I've read from several people that you can get Kireek to be with you at the control tower. ( need to do the quest line where you tell Sue your name offline )

also, what appears in the last room depends on how many consoles you shot up/ selected wrong. you either get No enemy's at the end, 3 Ill Gill, or 1 Eplillon (I"m guessing you need to bust every single console to get this sucka)

so I suggest that if anyone wants to rare hunt on the 3 new monsters in this quest you'll want Kireek to help ( he's level 199 on Ult, I've heard )

--------------------
<Center>
user posted image
</Center>

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 1 2003, 04:59 AM
Post #10

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Man, how the damn are you supposed to keep Elly alive if you bust up all the consoles? Those Meriacolol will kill her in one hit X( I wonder how you get that weird ring...

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Guest_Shojin_*
post May 1 2003, 08:09 AM
Post #11

Guests

Yah I was on the 3 f, Hit a computer and bam she died instantly...

-_- was on normal to! Anyway I heard their were multiple ways to beat the quest and i think that has to do with the offline quest.

ST has earned their HL for this month, and maybe the past months , i applaud them on not only making this innovative quest (Heck I was 45 mins in on Normal and I didnt win so this quest is definetly long) the rich plot and Linking Offline quests to this online quest is truly inspiring.

And to think I was about to give up gc pso beigeroll.gif

Keep it comin ST, Keep it comin

+Quote Post
Dive
post May 1 2003, 03:19 PM
Post #12

Antarctica Traffic Control

Member No.: 1

Here are a couple more pics from the Sonic Team BBS.

user posted image

user posted image

What is this??? beigebigeek.gif

+Quote Post
Crawurm
post May 1 2003, 04:42 PM
Post #13

Freelance Engineer

Group: Validating
Member No.: 12

:o i noticed a Demonic Fork in those pic's

--------------------
<Center>
user posted image
</Center>

+Quote Post
Layrinn
post May 1 2003, 08:04 PM
Post #14

Grand Armor

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (kyori @ May 1 2003, 12:28 AM)
Elly ring? (What it was called at Ahking's)

Elly's ring? Heck, I want her entire outfit! =O

I like the quest a lot so far. ST definitely put the effort into this one. Some spots are a little annoying (like the placement of the save spot) but it's still fun to play. I haven't had much time to play it yet, but I'm trying to finish it on VH first. Ill Gills keep kicking my ass. x.x

+Quote Post
Riel
post May 2 2003, 06:24 AM
Post #15

Guardian Armor

Member No.: 14

I love this quest also...so far i have only tried it twice and Elly died both times,on Hard,on the 4th floor of CC.I agree on the save spot,why didn't they make it just after that long cut scene,it takes forever and after a few tries,i might not want to try this quest again for a while just because of that long cut scene.

--------------------
============================

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:45 PM