Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sega Dreamcast 10th Anniversary
donkeybeatz
post Aug 24 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #1

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

With the anniversary of the Dreamcast coming up, we are going to have a special Dreamcast episode. A Dream"cast" perhaps? Anyway, we're going to talk about all things Dreamcast. From favorite features of the system to how much you had to work to buy one.

So what are you guy's most memorable moments during the golden years of the Dreamcast? Most favorite? Worst? Favorite game? Peripheral? Segata Sanshiro? Favorite developer? Whatever you can think of. We'll discuss everyone's posts during our special Dreamcast show next month.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
AC9breaker
post Aug 29 2009, 12:03 AM
Post #2

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Much like Crush's experience, the DC was where I first got my feet wet with the internet. Some of my uncle and aunts had AOL but it wasn't until the Dreamcast that things took off. One of my clearest memories our experience with pirated games. Our first experience was with the PSone where you had to use a spring or something and do a whole bunch of other shit like insert a chip, but with the dreamcast all we needed was DC burner the boot disc and we where playing a whole gang of Japanese games. Street Fighter 3rd Strike in Japanese. Powerstones 2 in Japanese. Some crazy mech battle game in Japanese. The most memorables titles for me though where Shenmue, PSO, Sword of Berserk Guts Rage, Soul Calibur, and Resident Evil Code Veronica. Those games held a special place in my heart, Shenmue in particular. I must have spent DAYS playing that game trying to do everything and get everything. I was sad that part 2 was on Xbox cause when it came out I didn't have an Xbox and by the time I finally got one, I had long forgotten about it. RE: Code Veronica was another game where I got the OCD twitch to completely dominate the game. Including the Mercenaries esque mode with Wesker where your armed with only a knife. Talk about intense.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:31 AM