Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

E3 2010 Nintendo Press Conference
donkeybeatz
post Jun 15 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #1

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

NINTENDO DROPPIN GIGATONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Nintendo got this on lock down this year. I'm excited.
Feel free to add to this post.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Scan_Man
post Jun 15 2010, 03:56 PM
Post #2

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

QUOTE(Alisha @ Jun 15 2010, 03:34 PM) *
QUOTE(Scan_Man @ Jun 15 2010, 05:23 PM) *
I think motion controlled sword is the most logical step to go. Can't wait to see what new types of puzzles they dish out because of the control scheme. Also always them to create new items and new use for items. Like Link gets a whip, and the ability to roll bombs. So expect there be all kinds of new puzzles. Looks like the game has some of that polish and attention given to the Super Mario Galaxy games. Can't wait.

Kirby Epic Yarn was a surprise. It looks nice. Definitely high on my interest.

i saw a video on game trailers and it looks like they slowed down and simplified the gameplay to compensate for trash wii mote shake controls. why do i even bother with nintendo anymore?

LOL! link has pants!

Ummm because they are demonstrating how it works. It did not look slowed down to me other than they were trying to show the different type of sword slashes you can make.

And maybe you should not bother with Nintendo because it seems you already will not like it.

The whole idea here is to try something new to see if it is fun. If the new control scheme makes a fun and interesting Zelda game, who cares? Fun is fun. If it totally does not work then well critical response will take care of it for future iteration of the series. Just like what happened to the graphical style of Wind Waker. It received criticism and they went back to something more familiar to Ocarina of Time with Twilight Princess. You just can't pass up the opportunity to evolve a game otherwise it can become stale and dated. New advances in hardware will continue to change how we play games, but it won't change why we play games; which is to have fun. How could we even have had the opportunity to play anything great past the SNES/Genesis generation if the analog stick never game to be. Or even have the amount of things you can have a character do in a game because they decided to add more functionality via adding more buttons. Seriously, do you think gaming would be as great as it is now if we were still stuck with a D-pad and two buttons?

This post has been edited by Scan_Man: Jun 15 2010, 03:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jun 15 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #3

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

QUOTE(Scan_Man @ Jun 15 2010, 03:56 PM) *
Seriously, do you think gaming would be as great as it is now if we were still stuck with a D-pad and two buttons?

Dangerous question to ask Alisha. I think gaming may have peaked for her on the Dreamcast.

Regarding Zelda, Skyward Sword looks great. Visually its a great balance between the vibrance and styized features of Wind Waker and the more realistic designs of Twilight Princess (without any of the bizarre design choices.)

You can tell this game was built from the ground up for motion controls, instead of having them needlessly tacked on like on TP. Honestly Alisha, for you to write this game off right away just because of your clear Wii-hatred is pretty closed-minded. The game looks fantastic and the controls seem really intuitive without obstructing the gameplay.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:50 PM