Healz = Ban, lmfao
AC9breaker
post Sep 27 2010, 09:56 PM
Post #1

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

http://support.na.square-enix.com/news.php...9a58df0c719ee44

We have confirmed an issue where players may obtain large amount of skill points by casting enhancing or healing magic to the party member. The issue is currently being addressed.

Also we would like to remind that repeating this method intentionally is considered as fraudulent behavior. With players who have abused this method, an additional investigation shall be made and their account may receive penalty including account suspension in case we determine it to be malignant. The investigation is expected to take a while until the completion. For those of you who have happened to abuse this method without knowing it to be fraudulent, please report yourself through GM Call. By reporting yourself in, the amount of skill point and skill rank you have gained will be corrected by GM and the penalty to your account will be exempted.

For details on account penalty and prohibited activities, please refer to the following pages.
Account Penalty Policy
http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqartic...1&kid=56910
Prohibited Activities in Final Fantasy XIV
http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqartic...1&kid=56909

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

*This announcement has been partially updated on Sep. 27, 2010 at around 4:50 (PDT).

Seriously man, the jig is up. They totally rushed this game out the door and don't have enough content in the game if they're banning people for making too much progress.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Maxx
post Sep 27 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #2

chaw cat!

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 78

They aren't banning people for healing and buffing normally, they're banning people who are using an exploit to go from 13 to max level in a day. Let's not proclaim the sky to be falling just yet, lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Sep 28 2010, 12:17 AM
Post #3

Pray for Mojo.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 165

QUOTE(Maxx @ Sep 27 2010, 11:13 PM) *
They aren't banning people for healing and buffing normally, they're banning people who are using an exploit to go from 13 to max level in a day. Let's not proclaim the sky to be falling just yet, lol.

This would be the way to go if this was a company that had a track record of moderation and well thought out reactions. However SE is not even close to that. I will be very supprised if there is minimal collateral damage due to this. Hitting what's generally the most underplayed class style in any mmo doesn't help the issue.

+Quote Post
Maxx
post Sep 28 2010, 11:10 AM
Post #4

chaw cat!

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 78

QUOTE(Oddies da Nerfed @ Sep 28 2010, 12:17 AM) *
QUOTE(Maxx @ Sep 27 2010, 11:13 PM) *

This would be the way to go if this was a company that had a track record of moderation and well thought out reactions. However SE is not even close to that. I will be very supprised if there is minimal collateral damage due to this. Hitting what's generally the most underplayed class style in any mmo doesn't help the issue.

Collateral damage? You don't just by accident walk out of your starting city and then by accident jump into a party of 16 conjurers who all by accident happen to be chain casting buffs and AOE heals for an obviously skewed amount of experience. It requires a conscious intent to exploit the system. And as for square enix not being reasonable, they are offering people who abused this exploit a chance to revert back to where they were and avoid a banning. (Blizzard in this situation goes directly to mass banning, for instance. Who's being unreasonable again?)

edit: I'm not trying to be antagonistic but this whole situation seems analogous to someone trying to get out of a prostitution sting by saying that it isn't their fault that women are selling sex for money and it shouldn't be their responsibility to resist the temptation.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Sep 30 2010, 06:18 AM
Post #5

Pray for Mojo.

Member No.: 165

Collateral damage? You don't just by accident walk out of your starting city and then by accident jump into a party of 16 conjurers who all by accident happen to be chain casting buffs and AOE heals for an obviously skewed amount of experience. It requires a conscious intent to exploit the system. And as for square enix not being reasonable, they are offering people who abused this exploit a chance to revert back to where they were and avoid a banning. (Blizzard in this situation goes directly to mass banning, for instance. Who's being unreasonable again?)

edit: I'm not trying to be antagonistic but this whole situation seems analogous to someone trying to get out of a prostitution sting by saying that it isn't their fault that women are selling sex for money and it shouldn't be their responsibility to resist the temptation.

And what's keeping em from banning anyone that cast a group heal at any point? SE is notorious for not putting a hell of a lot of thought in to things. Crashing in full screen due to alt tab? No search for market? How about the fact this "exploit" was known in beta and nothing done? Thats just the straight up poor design thought and pention to ignore the customers Lets not forget SE showed numerous times in ffxi that they have no issue mass banning people en mass, innocent be damned. They most likely would if the game was designed well enough that it had anything above a horrible review sofar. As such they cannot afford to swing the ban hammer at will. Though I guarantee you people who were using the skill as normal will get banned. It is the SE way.

Your attempt at rl example is also poor. You forgot to include the part where the sex is required for your own advancement and not purely for shits and grins. Seeing as how we are intended to use our skills to advance in ffxiv. Creative use of mechanics or not, the system is designed for you to progress due to skill use. I missed the part in the manual that said I am only allowed to use the skills a certain way.

+Quote Post
tanshin
post Sep 30 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #6

Drunken Ninja Master Thug

Member No.: 80

QUOTE(Oddies da Nerfed @ Sep 30 2010, 05:18 AM) *

And what's keeping em from banning anyone that cast a group heal at any point? SE is notorious for not putting a hell of a lot of thought in to things. Crashing in full screen due to alt tab? No search for market? How about the fact this "exploit" was known in beta and nothing done? Thats just the straight up poor design thought and pention to ignore the customers Lets not forget SE showed numerous times in ffxi that they have no issue mass banning people en mass, innocent be damned. They most likely would if the game was designed well enough that it had anything above a horrible review sofar. As such they cannot afford to swing the ban hammer at will. Though I guarantee you people who were using the skill as normal will get banned. It is the SE way.

Your attempt at rl example is also poor. You forgot to include the part where the sex is required for your own advancement and not purely for shits and grins. Seeing as how we are intended to use our skills to advance in ffxiv. Creative use of mechanics or not, the system is designed for you to progress due to skill use. I missed the part in the manual that said I am only allowed to use the skills a certain way.

Anything else from those who supposedly got nerfed/screwed/made a joke of in FFXI, and feel the need to have some kind of revenge by taking pot shots at every issue in FFXIV? Get it all out of your systems, guys. This is the thread for it. You'll feel better in no time.

Now go buy the game!

--------------------

dueling, remade for modern audiences

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
AC9breaker   Healz = Ban   Sep 27 2010, 09:56 PM
Scan_Man   They need to get that fixed ASAP. This can cause a...   Sep 27 2010, 10:39 PM
Oddies da Nerfed   I like how they want you to turn yourself in for a...   Sep 27 2010, 11:04 PM
Maxx   They aren't banning people for healing and buffing...   Sep 27 2010, 11:13 PM
AC9breaker   QUOTE(Maxx @ Sep 28 2010, 01:13 AM) . Let...   Sep 27 2010, 11:17 PM
Oddies da Nerfed   QUOTE(Maxx @ Sep 27 2010, 11:13 PM) They ...   Sep 28 2010, 12:17 AM
Maxx   QUOTE(Oddies da Nerfed @ Sep 28 2010, 12...   Sep 28 2010, 11:10 AM
Oddies da Nerfed   QUOTECollateral damage? You don't just by accident...   Sep 30 2010, 06:18 AM
tanshin   QUOTE(Oddies da Nerfed @ Sep 30 2010, 05...   Sep 30 2010, 06:12 PM
AC9breaker   QUOTE(tanshin @ Sep 30 2010, 08:12 PM) A...   Sep 30 2010, 06:16 PM
Maxx   QUOTE(Oddies da Nerfed @ Sep 30 2010, 06...   Oct 1 2010, 11:36 AM
Scan_Man   My understanding of this is while in a party, doin...   Sep 28 2010, 01:13 AM
Crushinator   Everyone just STFU and heal me.   Sep 28 2010, 11:22 AM
Maxx   QUOTE(Crushinator @ Sep 28 2010, 11:22 AM...   Sep 28 2010, 11:24 AM
Crushinator   Probably on the 5th or 6th, unfortunately. I'm bu...   Sep 28 2010, 12:51 PM
Dive   I admit that out of the corner of my eye on the fr...   Sep 28 2010, 12:59 PM
Crushinator   QUOTE(Dive @ Sep 28 2010, 12:59 PM) I adm...   Sep 28 2010, 01:22 PM
Scan_Man   I remember people in FFXI used to do something sim...   Sep 28 2010, 01:46 PM
DarkEpyon   With the way the game handles skilling up right no...   Sep 28 2010, 04:03 PM
tanshin   If Square Enix had hired me for QA way back when, ...   Sep 28 2010, 07:10 PM
Crushinator   When I get on tomorrow i'm going to be a galka hea...   Sep 30 2010, 01:24 PM
tanshin   Okay, I'll clarify; DON'T buy collector edition. I...   Sep 30 2010, 06:18 PM
Crushinator   But you get a blank notepad!   Sep 30 2010, 07:17 PM
Afroforce   QUOTE(Crushinator @ Sep 30 2010, 06:17 PM...   Oct 1 2010, 10:10 AM

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 09:54 PM