Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Last of Us, New Naughty Dog IP
Crushinator
post Dec 12 2011, 11:11 PM
Post #1

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Staff from Enslaved are working on this, along with the Naughty Dog crew. Love the concept, and the look is phenomenal. I wonder what the gameplay will actually be like?

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Wiryu
post Jul 1 2013, 11:56 PM
Post #2

This is my custom member title.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 121

I'm going to try and make this short. There will be spoilers.

Gameplay - 4.5/5 I loved the solid blending of the stealth genre with the action shooter. The constant resource management also made for a fun challenge.

Graphics - 5/5 It's super fucking rare when I stop to check out the scenery in a video game and actually take a moment to verbalize the word "wow"

Sound - 5/5 The music was fucking perfect to help capture the tone of this game. I continuously listen to the soundtrack on Spotify

Story - N/A I can't really choose how to rate the story. At its core, the story is fairly basic, and many of the tropes used aren't anything we havn't seen before. I would give that a 4/5 for solid execution of a story retold. Then I get to the chemistry between Joel and Ellie. I have never been more emotionally invested in two characters in a video game. It started getting to a point where I started to feel dread when I thought something might happen to either one of them. It's not because I think either needs each other to survive. Both Ellie and Joel are more than capable of surviving on their own strength. I saw the care that they had for each other in their facial expressions. I heard it in the tone of their voice. I watched it in how they interacted. The scene where Ellie kills David, and breaks down when Joel enters. It's like both of their emotional walls just come right the fuck down.

Even the ending. Fuck. I've probably watched the ending alone now about 15 times? This game brought on all the feels. Overall it's a 5/5 from this guy. I'm richly involved in this story currently. I can't help but want more from this series. Despite that, because of how much I enjoyed The Last Of Us, I REALLY want it to end on top. No prequels, no sequels, no fucking anything. I don't want anything that could impact the artful integrity the game displayed so well. I would be interested on what other people thought of Joels choice at the end of the game however.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:36 AM