Scan_Man
post Feb 17 2013, 01:05 AM
Post #17

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

QUOTE(HC82 @ Feb 16 2013, 11:24 PM) *
I heard this game was 4 hours long?

Yeah I suspected this before all the rumors, based on the footage and information released over the past year; it just gave me the impression the game will be short. And then the boss video they released a few months ago got me even more worried. But, it's Platinum Games so the value will be in the replay of multiple difficulties and weapon unlocks that change up the playstyles, hopefully. My local GameStop is doing a midnight release so I will have full impression by Tuesday evening.

I've come to grips with the possibility this game will be short. I like what I've seen and willing to support Platinum on blind faith based on past efforts.

If the length of the game is a determent to the experience as a whole I will definitely report on that.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Feb 19 2013, 12:00 PM
Post #18

Grand Armor

This game is the shit! More later after some freakin sleep from this all night and morning play session. Holy hell, it's 1 pm as of posting this.

P.S. If you are just picking this up later today or this week, start on hard.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Feb 19 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #19

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

Been playing the game since this morning and I effing love it. It's not quite what I was expecting, but I think that's a great thing. It's actually more of a Metal Gear title than I was expecting it to be. I think all of us here at AT will get a lot out of this game, I'm not done yet (just beat Monsoon) and I already adore it. COP THIS SHIT! ninja2.gif

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Feb 20 2013, 01:29 AM
Post #20

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Good to go! I just got this yesterday but have still yet to pop it out of the plastic. Plus I'm at the rifle range for the next two weeks so I definitely gonna have extra time to dive into this puppy. Excited!

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Feb 23 2013, 11:14 PM
Post #21

Grand Armor

Game is overall great. It kinda loses steam for the last 3 chapters. Last boss is bullshit though. Fuck that guy.

I think the game would of been better if they fleshed out some of the later levels and made Sam the last boss. The build up to that was great as is, but it I think it would of been better if he was the final and did not tack on the Sumo Senator asshole.

Bosses are overall awesome. Monsoon being my favorite. So freakin good! Last boss sucks, until you figure out you can cheese the Save feature in the game at a certain point in the battle. Getting to that part, however, is a pain in the ass. Everyone, even folks that played through on normal, is complaining about this boss.

So for like the first hour of the game I was not feeling it at all. But it soon clicked once I discovered you can cancel moves with Dodge, and you mix that up with parry. The combat has more depth to it than it seems. I was hooked and even went back to play each stage multiple times during my playthrough.

My game file says 10:28 minutes. So I think that is about right because my completed game was over 7 hours (it just adds up your best times and does not include retries and cutscenes). Again I did VR and went through levels multiple times.

Satisfied and I will tackle harder difficulties on a rainy day.

This game is a must have you if you like hack n slash beat'em ups.

Edit: Oh the move list could of been handled a lot better. The way Bayonetta handles was the best way to do move list. Even DmC kind of gets it right. Big step down. The main problem is the move list is kind buried until you figure out it's under "Help." This should really be labeled "Move List." Also in unlock moves menu it does not tell you the inputs or give you any type of preview. Don't understand why this basic stuff is absent.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Feb 24 2013, 10:16 AM
Post #22

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

QUOTE(Scan_Man @ Feb 24 2013, 12:14 AM) *
Game is overall great. It kinda loses steam for the last 3 chapters. Last boss is bullshit though. Fuck that guy.

I think the game would of been better if they fleshed out some of the later levels and made Sam the last boss. The build up to that was great as is, but it I think it would of been better if he was the final and did not tack on the Sumo Senator asshole.

Dat last boss tho. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I've been this frustrated at a final boss. I also agree that the last few chapters aren't as engaging as the rest of the game, but that's more a story issue. I really loved the bosses, and I agree that they should have found a way to make Sam the last boss to make the conclusion more satisfying.

I also really digged the codec conversations, something I honestly missed in MGS 4. Just like in the previous Metal Gear games, the codec conversations are really entertaining.They range from incredibly funny, to highly informative. The amount of Geography and History thrown in is pretty impressive haha. I tended to listen to them after a story event happened to here everyone's thoughts, it gave the game a Metal Gear feeling despite the high action. Good shit.

Lastly, the amount of content in the game is crazy. Unlockable moves, weapons, costumes, and difficulty levels. A Dog Tag-like collection system. Several enemies who hide in boxes (!) and get their own place in the gallery. And VR Missions too. The achievements/trophies are pretty crazy as well, like the hidden ones that require you to defeat the bosses on hard or above without getting hit. bash.gif

Again, COP THIS SHIT!

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Feb 25 2013, 10:11 AM
Post #23

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Is the Grey Fox cyborg ninja costume unlockable normally, or was that a pre-order exclusive deal?

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Feb 25 2013, 02:17 PM
Post #24

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

Pre-order only I think, and you have to spend BP to use it.

I love some of the dialogue in this game!

Limp-dick lawyers and chicken-shit bureaucrats!

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:46 PM