Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCs: A love-hate relationship, and I was hating mine tonight. >=(
Layrinn
post Nov 2 2003, 06:22 AM
Post #1

Grand Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 15

Ah, the good ol' PC... we all love 'em... that is, when they work right. When they don't, man does it suck. x.x Tonight was an excersice in frustration... read on if you care to witness my rant. ;p

My PC's main hard drive decided to die on me tonight. wheee.... Five hours spent replacing the drive (thank goodness I still had my old PC's drive lying around) reinstalling windows, drivers, updates, etc. etc. etc. x.X I'm a little ticked at myself... I should have seen this coming: I've had problems with this drive ever since I got this PC a few months ago. I guess two 12+ hour sessions of FFXI was all it took to push it over the edge. >.>;;

Bad news:
Bye-bye 80GB of storage space. =(
Having to reinstall Win2k from scratch.
Having to download that god-awful patch for FFXI a second time. x.x

Good news:
I had a spare drive and was able to recover my system tonight.
The drive that failed only had the OS and apps on it; all of my data was stored on a separate physical drive. Nothing was lost that can't be replaced.
The dead hard drive seems to have taken all the mysterious little system glitches with it... my PC is running better than ever now. =3

Anyways... all's well that ends well, I suppose. But I sure would have rather spent the last five hours hunting baddies on Vana'Diel than reinstalling Win2k. =/

... ok, done ranting now. ^.^;

Bantam: this explains why I disappeared suddenly after we got pwnzed by that cheap goblin... I hope you didn't think I left 'cause I was upset or anything. ;p

Camulus: thank you very much for keeping me company tonight. =) Having someone nice to talk to made this process bearable. *rocks out to Dream Theater* buttrock.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:25 AM