Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

New here
Nuriyan
post Jun 25 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #1

Frame

Group: Associates
Member No.: 3813

Well, first I was invited here by AC9Breaker.

We knew each other through Ah King's message board when PSO Episode 1 and 2 was close to coming out..you know, back in the day of the Lord..that long ago it seems. Can't believe how fast time goes by. I was like..15 then or so, and am 22 now.

Anyways, I was hoping to find some other people here that used to post on Ah King's message board, as I have tons of memories to share from those days. Or just looking for fun conversation on here.

I miss the days of PSO on DC. The days when you would hear that modem dialing up to get online, getting RSOD'd, NOL'd, FSOD'd...all that fun stuff.

Also..the memories in Oberon....

I do have a 360. It doesn't really compare to DC gaming in my opinion, I really think DC was the best system..dare I say, ever.

It would be refreshing to here some of your memories from those days.

-

--------------------

www.youtube.com/nuriyan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Dive
post Jul 1 2009, 08:58 AM
Post #2

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

Welcome aboard! It's great to see a fresh face around here, and I hope you enjoy your stay.

It's interesting how so many of our first online gaming experiences were with PSO, and how that has set a standard for subsequent games. I don't believe anything post PSO has matched the excitement and wonderment so many of us had experienced. The Apocalypse Tribe was solidified in those lobbies and on the fields and dark corners of Ragol. I think part of the magic was the fact that everyone was so new to that type of gameplay. Like a drug, we keep trying to recreate that feeling, not quite reaching that plateau.

One of my favorite events in PSO was the large meeting where we had so many attending, that we needed to use two soccer lobbies to accommodate everyone. We did 2 man C1 Time Attack, and handed out prizes.

I unearthed the news topic from this event: 7/20/2003 Meeting Debriefing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:02 PM