IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, 2D Beat-Em-Up Sexiness -Co-Op Online-
HC82
post May 28 2013, 01:11 AM
Post #1

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

How many people here actually remember this game in the arcade almost two decades ago? I never had enough quarters as a kid to get anywhere in this game, let alone master my character.

Probably one of the best 2D beat-em up games Capcom ever made. Now it's coming out this June, in HD, to multiple platforms (PC included) and contains Co-op online play. It contains both the original and the sequel. It's not just a simple beat em up, as it contained fleshed out character move sets (dual-wielding fighter), branching paths, secrets areas, and some cool interactive environmental areas, which were at the time kinda unique to a beatem up. Also you level up and get to equip accessories, so what's not to like? Certain enemies have different resistances and elemental attacks, so you could prepare preemptively for certain battles with different equips, giving the game a strategic aspect that simply wasn't prevalent in most beat em ups at the time.

So, this game is on my "to buy list" for sure. Who else is down?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:20 PM