Kazicht
post Sep 29 2010, 09:02 AM
Post #1

System Id

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 45

Taken from http://www.ffxivcore.com/
Markets

Q. I have read that there are changes planned to improve the market system, but is there any more specific information available regarding these changes and the direction the market system will take?

A. We have continued to receive copious amounts of feedback regarding changes that players would like to see made to the market system. As a result, we are planning a number of revisions and additions to the system, the first of which are scheduled to be implemented in the next one to two weeks.

Specifically, market wards will be organized according to specific item types, making it easier to consolidate similar items in the same area. Further, if an item sold within a ward corresponds to that wards’ item type, the tax incurred will be reduced. Items not of that ward’s category may still be sold, but the tax imposed will remain the same as it has up until now.

We will be closely monitoring the trends and developments of the market system following the implementation of these revisions and new features, and will continue to make further adjustments and alterations to improve player usability and convenience. For example, we are currently looking into options that will provide players with precise information as to which items are located in which market areas, or the ability to seek out specific items without the need for speaking to retainers, and more.

Also, we are now taking steps to increase the number of retainers that a character is able to simultaneously employ.

Thank you, geez. Guess we can all rage a little less in the coming weeks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Sep 29 2010, 10:05 AM
Post #2

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

I hope so. I don't get how SE failed at this, even Sega had all these options in place from the get go with PSU.

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Sep 29 2010, 03:40 PM
Post #3

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

It's a step in the right direction at least. If I'm remembering right, the original EQ had a somewhat similar system in place.

Now if they'd just do something about mob placement in starter zones.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
HC82
post Sep 29 2010, 09:36 PM
Post #4

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

I've come to the conclusion that the Limited Edition players are actually paying 20 more bucks to do additional beta testing.
I'll go write down my frustration in my fancy leather-bound FF journal

"Dear journal. I got banned for healing my teammates. I was happy to actually happy see my heal go off during battle, too. Bummer, time to go farm moles."

"Dear journal. I tried to find an item to create a cool piece of armor; although, I realized I needed 5 different trade skills to make it. In my excitement I rushed to the Market Place to find the missing items, only to find a bunch of NPCs standing around aimlessly. After spending 2 hours clicking on random people, I found what I was looking for. Hastily I tried to create the item, only to have it break on me, because I didn't realize that the glowing orb in the crafting system relates to my potential probability of success. Luckily in the 6 hours it took to figure out the item recipe and going about to get the necessary items only to fail, my leves respawned. NICE!!! Actually, I think i'll go farm some moles instead"

"Dear journal. I have shamed myself. I ran past a Mithra.. . er I mean Miqo'te and I tilted the analog stick to look under her dress. Now I forgot what I was supposed to do.... Oh well, time to farm some moles!"

"Dear Journal. How come crafters are higher level then people who battle and fight exclusively? Hmm... Maybe weaving baskets makes for some crit deepz. Maybe I need to stop farming all those moles?

Dear Journal. I tried doing the 5 star dodo quest and our team lost. My team members said they couldn't heal me because they we're afraid of getting banned. I told them to just blame it on the lag. I asked the damage dealers how come they were attacking other targets, and they told me that the game wouldn't let them select the primary target to attack. We all decided to quit the quest and farm some moles!!!"

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:56 AM