Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM, ASDLKDJSLKA SD:F"A
Crushinator
post Dec 12 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #1

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Finally, after almost 5 years we get a TES 5 announcement. And in Skyrim, home of the Nords!

Bone up on the region if you're not up on the lore: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Skyrim

Release date 11-11-11.

I'm already calling it, this is my GOTY 2k11. I don't need anything else.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Scan_Man
post Nov 12 2011, 12:24 AM
Post #2

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

Ok First Impressions. I thought I would hate the streamlineness of the game, but it is actually pretty good and intuitive.

Let's see I'm playing the game on expert and as a mage. The magic system is probably the biggest improvement. Very fun to cast spell as it is quick and responsive. However, melee combat feels the same as previous installments. Still floaty and like swinging at air. They did add Fallout 3 deathblows to melee. But melee combat is still a weak point in this series it seems. Everything else is top notch though so far. Lots of bugs and random crashes though. . . .

UI looks nice, but is built for a controller. It is very simplistic. There are some weird things that happen when you try to interact with the UI using a mouse. For example, the hover box when you select an item seems to be inconsistent (I've had it exit the menu or I accidentally bought something when I wanted to select an items category to sell). I don't understand how in this day and age you forget how to make something work properly with mouse and keyboard, especially since this series PC origins. Sign of the times I guess. Also, there needs to be a way to organize the favorites menu. It's quite clunky, especially when you want a certain spell in one hand and another spell in the other hand. It's even a hassle when you need to equip a shield but keep a certain spell when going from dual wield spells. I understand that you can just pause the action by pulling up the menu, but I have a keyboard with hotkey ability. I don't want to pause the action.

Everything else you would expect from an Elder Scrolls game is here and spectacular. Going to be spending the whole weekend on this game. I hope Bethesda fixes some of this stuff in a patch soon.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Crushinator   The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM   Dec 12 2010, 12:13 AM
HC82   Call me bias, but Elder Scrolls is probably one of...   Dec 12 2010, 11:53 AM
Crushinator   QUOTESummary of info from Dutch Power Unlimited ma...   Jan 25 2011, 11:45 AM
Crushinator   More info from the game informer podcast: QUOTESki...   Feb 4 2011, 12:36 PM
Crushinator   First screens are out! I GOT WOOD.   Feb 8 2011, 09:17 PM
Crushinator   Gameplay! Fuck, the next 9 months need to go by f...   Feb 25 2011, 03:08 AM
HC82   Looks awesome. I expect to get lost in this game a...   Feb 25 2011, 11:47 PM
Crushinator   RE: The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM   Jun 6 2011, 10:50 PM
HC82   Oh crap, the game looks amazing. Need skyrim, now!   Jun 7 2011, 09:33 AM
Crushinator   Only like 3 more weeks! I CANT HANDLE IT!   Oct 24 2011, 10:02 AM
HC82   Eagerly awaiting Skyrim myself.   Oct 26 2011, 04:54 PM
HC82   Got the midnight release. Fucking steam servers ar...   Nov 11 2011, 12:47 AM
Scan_Man   I get mine in the mail tomorrow from Newegg. Hopef...   Nov 11 2011, 01:05 AM
Scan_Man   What a sick joke! I check my email during install ...   Nov 11 2011, 05:57 PM
Scan_Man   Ok First Impressions. I thought I would hate the s...   Nov 12 2011, 12:24 AM
Wiryu   I can't stop playing this game....   Nov 19 2011, 10:37 AM
Scan_Man   RE: The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM   Nov 21 2011, 11:28 AM
Crushinator   Just put these two songs on loop continually durin...   Nov 26 2011, 08:46 AM
Crushinator   RE: The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM   Oct 7 2012, 08:05 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2024 - 11:11 PM