Reply to this topicStart new topic
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
donkeybeatz
post Jun 20 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #1

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

Just bought it. I love the dark navy blue color the disc has but hey it's all about the gameplay. I'll be back with impressions.
Maybe even a short video review :o

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wheatpenny
post Jun 20 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #2

Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 492

Breakfast bars and handgranades, I still have to wait 46 minutes for my workshift to be over before I can get my copy. I can't wait.

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Jun 20 2007, 09:38 PM
Post #3

McDonald's!

Man this game still rocks hard.
We already know what the game is, so let's get into what's important... the wii specific controls.
The controls are alittle awkward at first. It took a few minutes for me to adjust.
You hold the B trigger on the wiimote to ready your weapon. A button to attack. The accuracy on this controller is stupid sharp in this game. Theres barely any cursor waivering. So headshots are easy to pulloff. With that said, targeting is fast and easy which makes the game very fast paced.
If you wave the wiimote, you'll start swinging your knife. If you're close to a breakable object/enemy, it'll automatically target your umm target. So if theres a bear trap by your foot, wave the wiimote and Leon will automatically swing towards the trap. You can still use the knife the old school way by using the C button on the nunchuk (along with pressing A on the wiimote to swing your knife though you can still wave the wiimote to do the same thing.).
Having to use the Z button on the nunchuk to run was pretty awkward. Most of the time I'm quickturning when I don't want to.
As for QTE's, they're still pretty fun. Waving the wiimote is used for running, swimming, and wiggling your way out of your enemy's grasp. A & B are still the primary buttons that's used in these events. My arm started to hurt while I was trying to swim away from the lake monster. As simple as it seems, it was pretty intense.
Some other tidbits... when you aim at a shootable target, the controller vibrates (that is, if you turned it on).
When you get a radio call, you'll hear static feedback on the wiimote speaker.

The game still looks the same which isn't really a bad thing. From the beginning theres a bonus option. Right now there's just a trailer for RE: Umbrella Chronicles.
Other things to mention are the game can be run at 16:9 and 480p (which looks sweet).

There's really nothing else for me to say. It's the same game we played 2 years ago with awesome wiimote controls.
But hey, it was only $30.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jun 21 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #4

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

Do you know if there's any other bonus content outside of what's included in the PS2 version of RE4? Like more Mercs missions, new costumes, or other stuff?

Also, can you plug in a cube controller and just play it the old way?

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Jun 21 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #5

McDonald's!

QUOTE(Crushinator @ Jun 21 2007, 12:59 PM) *
Do you know if there's any other bonus content outside of what's included in the PS2 version of RE4? Like more Mercs missions, new costumes, or other stuff?

Also, can you plug in a cube controller and just play it the old way?

I'm not really sure. I'm not done playing the game yet.
You can't use the GC controller to play the game however you can use the Wii Classic Controller. Not that much different from playing with the GC controller other than there's no giant A button.

Forgot to add.. while holding the B trigger on the wiimote, you wave the controller to reload. Makes sense.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jun 21 2007, 10:33 PM
Post #6

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

Good to hear you can use the classic controller. Is the mercs/ada mode unlocked from the beginning?

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:08 AM