Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM, ASDLKDJSLKA SD:F"A
Crushinator
post Dec 12 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #1

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Finally, after almost 5 years we get a TES 5 announcement. And in Skyrim, home of the Nords!

Bone up on the region if you're not up on the lore: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Skyrim

Release date 11-11-11.

I'm already calling it, this is my GOTY 2k11. I don't need anything else.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Crushinator
post Jan 25 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Summary of info from Dutch Power Unlimited magazine

"There is no level cap. You will nevertheless not be able to choose all perks with one character."

"Technically speaking, Skyrim is an evolution within The Elder Scrolls, and not a revolution (but everything looks fabulous). The magic of the world that Bethesda has created is nevertheless unequivocally present."

"All weapons have different properties, which you can take advantage of by choosing the right perks. Maces ignore a percentage of armor, and axes have bleed damage over time."

"You can use fast travel to revisit places you have visited earlier."

"Skyrim is approximately as big as Oblivion."

"Five big cities and more than 130 dungeons."

"Low-Fantasy"

"The overarching narrative of the Dragons is less prominent than the Oblivion Gates were in Oblivion, which does not give you the feeling that you are doing 'useless' quests when you lay aside the Main Quest."

"Dragons are not rare."

"Dungeons will be locked at their level once you have been there."

"Even in third person, animations look really good. There has been a lot of progress since Oblivion."

"You can read in-game books in 3-D."

"Every item has a 3D-preview in the Flash based inventory, which you can twist, turn, rotate, etc. Sometimes you will solve puzzles by analyzing these 3D-previews. Not only armor and weapons can be explored in great detail, also small rings and herbs can be investigated from all possible angles. Every single item in the game can be previewed in the inventory screen."

"The Dark Brotherhood is back."

"Active blocking makes melee more fun to play."

"More traps and puzzles."

"Main Story is approximately 20 hours. Hundreds of hours for other quests."

"Every dragon you kill will make you stronger. A piece of his soul will be transferred to yours."

There's also an interview with Todd Howard in the article. These are the highlights of that interview:

"There are special animations for sneak kills with daggers." (The way it is written in Dutch does not imply that there are no special animations for other weapons btw...)

"We primarily look at how we can improve facial expressions and animations, graphics-wise."

"The game won't support Kinect. It takes too much memory."

"We are working at pop-up issues, and we want to make sure that the graphics of the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 are alike. All three will look just as good, aside from the higher resolution and the anti-aliasing of the PC of course."

"It is not yet possible to combine forms of magic. It is difficult. Frost magic makes an enemy move slower, and fire does damage over time, and the fire remains on the ground for additional damage. If we would allow the player to use fire magic in one hand, and frost magic in the other, it becomes much more complex. Maybe we will implement this though, but for the time being, 'No'.

"Someone modded Oblivion by changing the physics of shooting an arrow. It made you shoot slower and you almost had to remain stationary to shoot, which increased the arrow's impact. We liked this mod so much, that we implemented it in Skyrim by default."

Some new tidbits, shamelessly stolen from NeoGAF.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Crushinator   The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM   Dec 12 2010, 12:13 AM
HC82   Call me bias, but Elder Scrolls is probably one of...   Dec 12 2010, 11:53 AM
Crushinator   QUOTESummary of info from Dutch Power Unlimited ma...   Jan 25 2011, 11:45 AM
Crushinator   More info from the game informer podcast: QUOTESki...   Feb 4 2011, 12:36 PM
Crushinator   First screens are out! I GOT WOOD.   Feb 8 2011, 09:17 PM
Crushinator   Gameplay! Fuck, the next 9 months need to go by f...   Feb 25 2011, 03:08 AM
HC82   Looks awesome. I expect to get lost in this game a...   Feb 25 2011, 11:47 PM
Crushinator   RE: The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM   Jun 6 2011, 10:50 PM
HC82   Oh crap, the game looks amazing. Need skyrim, now!   Jun 7 2011, 09:33 AM
Crushinator   Only like 3 more weeks! I CANT HANDLE IT!   Oct 24 2011, 10:02 AM
HC82   Eagerly awaiting Skyrim myself.   Oct 26 2011, 04:54 PM
HC82   Got the midnight release. Fucking steam servers ar...   Nov 11 2011, 12:47 AM
Scan_Man   I get mine in the mail tomorrow from Newegg. Hopef...   Nov 11 2011, 01:05 AM
Scan_Man   What a sick joke! I check my email during install ...   Nov 11 2011, 05:57 PM
Scan_Man   Ok First Impressions. I thought I would hate the s...   Nov 12 2011, 12:24 AM
Wiryu   I can't stop playing this game....   Nov 19 2011, 10:37 AM
Scan_Man   RE: The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM   Nov 21 2011, 11:28 AM
Crushinator   Just put these two songs on loop continually durin...   Nov 26 2011, 08:46 AM
Crushinator   RE: The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM   Oct 7 2012, 08:05 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:53 AM