Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

TV back from shop, 7 long weeks
unitself
post Aug 22 2003, 10:26 AM
Post #1

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

I'm not sure if I mentioned this to anyone here, but in case I didn't let me tell you all a little story. Gather 'round everyone.
Hot cocoa?
Good.

About 7 weeks ago, my TV broke. It wouldn't turn on. It would just make this clicking sound and then, nothing. So, I looked online and found an authorized Sony TV fix-it place that was right around the corner. Literally. Horrah! I thought. So, I drive it over and the guy says that repairs usually take about 5-7 days. Cool, I think to myself, knowing that it would most likely be more like two weeks but I am cool with that. Three weeks go by and still no phone call. I call up and the guy says that they are still waiting for a part. Hrm... ok. So, another week goes by and still nothing. Damn! So, I call back the guy says that something must be wrong and now he is going to order the part from a different place that he knows has it in stock. (4 weeks now) So, another two weeks go by and we get a call. This time the part came but it's missing it's connectors and we must wait another week. (6 weeks now). This morning, one week later, we finally get a phone call that says it's ready. That's seven weeks without a regular sized TV. Luckily for us I am a huge pack rat and never throw anything away. I had an old Amiga monitor that had all sorts of connectors in the back. I could hook it up to my old VCR and watch TV thru that with an antenna. We don't have cable so we watch regular TV anyways.
I really don't understand what the problem was here. It's a sony TV, not some wierd no-name brand. Things break, I understand that. I just assumed that major brand parts would be more readily available than that.

Thank you for listening. I can't wait to get back into video game playing again. I had to put everything off except the games that I knew backwards and forwards (PSO, for example) because I could barely see the small screen on the monitor. Did I mention the monitor was about 12"? No, it is. Our regular TV is 25". Huge difference. Now, I can get back to RE and rally driving and pick up KOTOR.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 08:44 AM