Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Orange Box, Portals is the shit.
AC9breaker
post Oct 12 2007, 10:53 AM
Post #1

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

So has anyone picked up this 5 game collection for the 360? Being that I've always been interested in the Half-Life series and the trailers for Portals always impressed me I picked it up asap. A lot of thought went into this game and it shows. Even though it beaten fast its such an awesome experience that it'll keep you coming back for more. I've already beaten Portals and I totally love puzzles in the game. I was also pleasantly surprised that the character you control is actually a chick."THE CAKE IS A LIE!" The humor in the game is so spot on and well executed. Its just overall totally a blast. If anything I have to say, SCU I have a feeling you would totally love Portals.

I've been playing Half and I'm pretty surprised how action oriented it is. I was expecting it to be a bit more like Doom 3. I'm enjoying the game so far and I just got the machine gun for my Hoverboat. Time to take out DA COPPAH. I was going to play through the other Half life games once I beat Half Life 2 first.

Finally, Team Fortress. I'm not really sure what to think of the game and Im still holding my judgments for it. But so far my opinions of the game aren't that high.

Anyway, what do you doods think? Also best fucking ending credits ever.

[Portals Ending Credits]

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Crushinator
post Oct 12 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Great game package, HL2 is of course sexcellent, and I can't wait to get to Ep1 and 2.

Portal is just like AC said, short but stellar. I was finished with the main game in just under 3 hours, and the difficulty didn't relaly kickin until the last 3 stages. The challenge levels really kick it up a notch though, and there are lots of time attack, step attack, and portal attack options as well.

BONUS: Flash version of portal here http://portal.wecreatestuff.com/

I played TF2 for a bit with AC last night, and like him, I'm not so hot on the game. I probably just don't "get" it yet, with all the intricacies of the different classes, but the objectives just seem unclear, and the long respawn times break up the action a bit too much. Also got dropped from servers a lot, I'm not sure what was going on there. The graphics and character designs rock though, each one has a lot of personality.

All said though, you can't go wrong with picking this up. 5 games in one is a great value.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:32 PM