IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Kerry Vs. Bush, Presidential Election
Who do you think should be the president of the United States?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 30
Guests cannot vote 
Guest_Zio_*
post Oct 15 2004, 06:41 AM
Post #1

Guests

I thuoght I'd make this just to see what the people AT think about the two presidents and who should be president. I personally vote Bush just because I don't think Kerry would do a good job for many reasons such as he says hes going to make all these different plans but he doesn't say how he is going to pay for them. Bush isn't as good of a speaker but I think he gets his point across. Kerry keeps saying Bush is the first president to lose a lot of jobs in 72 years which is total crap cuz the economy was falling before Bush got into office and then 9/11 hit a year later and people stopped going places and buying things for a little while. This is a good example of whats happened when Hoover got into offlice 70 some years ago. Plus Bush has done a good job of getting a good amount of jobs back. Just vote who you want to be president and why.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Oct 15 2004, 07:41 AM
Post #2

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

Kerry doesn't have anything to back up his myriad plans. As for the economy, what some folks fail to remember is that Bush inherited a recession because his predecessor undid what Ronald Reagan started. On the military, since Pres. Bush has been in office, the military has received a 21% pay increase. Good news for those of us with family members in the armed forces.

And another thing is, I don't want the "Ketchup Princess" Theresa Heinz Kerry as the first lady. She'll be the biggest back-seat driver like you wouldn't believe.

John Kerry's own party doesn't even support him! I think they're gearing up for Hillary in '08.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Gabriell
post Oct 15 2004, 09:49 AM
Post #3

Giga Frame

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 112

I hate political discussions. Some people act like they can change another persons opinion, and then everyone gets mad when they start talking about it! Useless.
For that matter, I shall never say who I support >.>
The only thing that's important is that you go out and vote if you are registered.

--------------------
<CENTER>BlakWolf - Gabriell <BR>Level 46 WAR / 22 MNK / 20 PAL / 19 THF / 15 SAM</CENTER>

+Quote Post
Guest_Zio_*
post Oct 15 2004, 09:59 AM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE (Gabriell @ Oct 15 2004, 09:49 AM)
I hate political discussions. Some people act like they can change another persons opinion, and then everyone gets mad when they start talking about it! Useless.
For that matter, I shall never say who I support >.>
The only thing that's important is that you go out and vote if you are registered.

I think that term you just described would be called debating >_> then again yeah some people do flip out about it like a certain someone in my math class but hes about the only one I know that gets really mad about it. And of course get out and vote November 2nd!

+Quote Post
Dive
post Oct 15 2004, 10:27 AM
Post #5

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Gabriell @ Oct 15 2004, 10:49 AM)

Actually even better would be to learn as much as you can about the candidates and then voice your opinion with a vote.

Personally I feel this whole Kerry vs. Bush brouhaha equates to one of those old Toho monster movies. Like Godzilla vs. Mothra, no matter who wins, Tokyo gets destroyed in the process.

Let's try and keep this discussion civil, I can see how it could get ugly.

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Oct 15 2004, 11:00 AM
Post #6

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

I don't care for politics one bit, and this election isn't making it any better. It's like a 1st grade class election.

I'm tired of all the Vietnam shit though, talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel for dirt.

Highly doubt I'll vote anyway, sad considering it's the first time I can vote.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Oct 15 2004, 11:04 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Dive @ Oct 15 2004, 12:27 PM)
Personally I feel this whole Kerry vs. Bush brouhaha equates to one of those old Toho monster movies. Like Godzilla vs. Mothra, no matter who wins, Tokyo gets destroyed in the process.

And no Gransazers or Justirizers to stop them.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Astrid
post Oct 15 2004, 12:26 PM
Post #8

Hyper Frame

Member No.: 67

QUOTE (Zio @ Oct 15 2004, 09:59 AM)
I think that term you just described would be called debating >_> then again yeah some people do flip out about it like a certain someone in my math class but hes about the only one I know that gets really mad about it. And of course get out and vote November 2nd!

There's a big difference between debating and competely flipping out because someone has an opposing point of view. Sadly, I know more people who react with the latter than with the former.

With that said, I side with Gabriell. The notion of debating implies a calm discussion in which each interlocutor attempts to sway the views of another with consistent, intelligent evidence for his or her position. It does not, however, include broadly, and offensively, generalyzing the position of their opponent and the idea that the louder their voice gets, the more their point gets across. It has been my experience that when I am in a debate with a hothead, words fall on deaf ears -- for me and for my opponent. I will not be swayed by coercion, as I am sure most of you will not be, either. Please note that this implies to the aggressive psycho, too, as they are so clouded by their anger or desire to look like the good little loyal subject to his point of view (so passionate! *rolls eyes*), that they will not listen to a single word you have to say, and excuse any evidence you have to some rediculous label.

I commend DE for his very intelligent post, but I will withhold my own opinions for at least a few days, by when I should see if we are capable of having a mature and intelligent discussion.

Sorry if I'm overstepping my boundaries as a neophyte here, but maybe it's just residual bitterness over my last few "debates" on the matter.

</rant>

--------------------
"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?" -- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan

+Quote Post
Gabriell
post Oct 15 2004, 12:58 PM
Post #9

Giga Frame

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 112

I just see debating over opinions as a waste of energy, is all (I'm not saying you shouldn't talk about it, I'm just throwing in my ideas :D ). Most of the time, you can't change a persons opinion, even if it is extremely flawed. I just think, a majority of politics is your opinion (Although, of course, there are many facts that can be debated). Everytime I see someone debate politics, it always gets ugly. No one likes beind told they are wrong. I only see it helping out people who are on the fence, and I'd wish said people could get the facts from an unbiased source and make up their mind accourding to what ideals they relate too, instead of getting information from post-debate discussions, or relying on visual aesthetics. That'll never happen, though beigelaugh.gif
Debating over facts is great, though. But most of the time it just turns into "I believe in this" vs. "I don't believe in that. So you're stupid". There are a lot of facts that can be debated on each side, though.
However, I think it's a good thing to talk about what you believe in, and not try to sway people who are already set in their ways off course, but simply talk and try to understand where they are coming from. It helps people get to know each others ideals, instead of seperating them. But that's just how I view almost everything, so eh.

Actually even better would be to learn as much as you can about the candidates and then voice your opinion with a vote.

100% agreed. I didn't mean it to come off as "vote blindly" or what have you. I was hoping the research part would be implied toast.gif

--------------------
<CENTER>BlakWolf - Gabriell <BR>Level 46 WAR / 22 MNK / 20 PAL / 19 THF / 15 SAM</CENTER>

+Quote Post
Mute
post Oct 15 2004, 01:28 PM
Post #10

Sunbro

Member No.: 25

I don't know if I like Kerry... but I can say I strongly oppose having George W. Bush back in office. That is all.
pirate.gif

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Oct 15 2004, 01:30 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Mute @ Oct 15 2004, 03:28 PM)
I don't know if I like Kerry... but I can say I strongly oppose having George W. Bush back in office. That is all.
pirate.gif

Well, there's always Ralph Nader, providing he didn't get kicked off the ballot here too.

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Oct 15 2004, 01:43 PM
Post #12

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (DarkEpyon @ Oct 15 2004, 12:30 PM)
QUOTE (Mute @ Oct 15 2004, 03:28 PM)
pirate.gif

Well, there's always Ralph Nader, providing he didn't get kicked off the ballot here too.

He has about 2% of the popular vote, with a margin of error of 3% or so.

Poor guy. beigelaugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Oct 15 2004, 01:45 PM
Post #13

Pretty much all 3rd party folks are screwed over like this every single election.

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Zorya
post Oct 15 2004, 05:25 PM
Post #14

Tears for Fears

Member No.: 13

I'm not even going to get into an argument about who I think should be President. People who are around me and who know me know who I support.

One thing I DO want to say is this: whoever you support, whoever you think should be the leader of the free world, it is your opportunity and your duty as an American citizen to VOTE on November 2nd.

--------------------
<center>IPB Image

<center>Red
<center>1981-2007

+Quote Post
DivA
post Oct 15 2004, 08:06 PM
Post #15

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

reality check, folks - both presidential candidates are unfit to rule.. both are bought & paid for, compliments of your neighborhood federal reserve corporation - have a nice day.. ;)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 02:55 AM