Reply to this topicStart new topic
what in the?? =/, PsO error.. -.-
DivA
post Oct 14 2003, 11:30 PM
Post #1

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

~well, this is a first - i was playing along within the wonders of PsO; in one sudden swoop during a quest mode, i was d/c ~ not only that, but the following message was displayed on the screen.. =.

an error occurred, please turn off the gamecube & refer to the instruction manual for further details..

~i have only this to say, well - 2 things; the first being WT *beep* >=. the second is that i despise CD technology, too many moving parts.. -.- well, on a lighter note ~ i had a wonderful adventure with Mute, Layrinn & Forever Zero (when the technology was actually working, that is.. ;p) & my thanks to Mute & Layrinn for the great ring quest ~ i so love the hearts.. ^^ thanks much.. =D

now, i must rest.. speaking of which, has anyone else seen this message before? it kind-of spooked me to see it; all seems to be working now, but i wonder.. technology, gotta luv it.. =/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Oct 14 2003, 11:48 PM
Post #2

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

This happened to me a few times before, basicly the game disk starts to skip and doesn't recover and so it goes to this message. Last time I got the error was in December. I think it wouldn't happen at all if there was a lense cleaner for the gc. Also make sure the game disk is clean.

+Quote Post
DivA
post Oct 15 2003, 12:15 AM
Post #3

Deus-Ex MachinA

~no kidding? =. guess i'll have to perform a thorough inspection tomorrow of both disc & system ~ thanks, Linka.. ;) at least now i know this is not a worse case scenario of hardware failure.. i'll say this much ~ apparently, everything that wasn't equipped paid the price.. -.- my favorite rifle (yah, the ganster rifle..) & secret gear perished; that error message is an unforgiving mistress.. Oo

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Oct 15 2003, 02:09 AM
Post #4

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

yea it is, I had just gotten an x-mas present off a santa rappy when it happened last and the other times were during Metroid Prime.

Oh its been awhile since I looked, but Nintendo support was no help then are no help now.

An Error has occurred:
If you are getting the specific message, "An error has occurred. Turn the Power Off and check the Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet for further instructions." This means there may be an internal problem with the system.
1. Check Individual Game Disc problems or Multiple Game Disc problems (depending upon how many games exhibit the problem) to see if the cause of the message is a dirty or damaged disc.
2. If the disc appears fine or works properly in another system, this means there is an internal problem with the system. A repair will need to be set up. Please use our convenient repair options.

+Quote Post
Mute
post Oct 15 2003, 12:03 PM
Post #5

Sunbro

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 25

Ahhh man that sucks DivA. I just thought you got disconnected or something. I've never had that error happen, but I have had the disk skip a bit on a few occassions. I've had a few occurances of an out of the ordinary loud "clicking," but thankfully it's only happens very rarely. Towards the Future has alot of loading in it, so perhaps you just caught a bad break. Happened to me once on DC when my machine froze at the Falz screen. >_<

Sucks that you lost your Yas rifle. At least you didn't lose those Red Mechs you just found.

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
DivA
post Oct 15 2003, 12:30 PM
Post #6

Deus-Ex MachinA

QUOTE (Mute @ Oct 15 2003, 01:03 PM)
Sucks that you lost your Yas rifle. At least you didn't lose those Red Mechs you just found.

~yah, that would be bad *hugs red-mechs tightly* well, no worries ~ i'll just have to hunt for another rifle.. though, i'm thankful that my ring was equipped before that happened; next time, i'll just equip what i need ~ mates & fluids lost are irrelevant, but earned items lost to error is unacceptable.. Oo

+Quote Post
Khaotika
post Oct 15 2003, 04:33 PM
Post #7

Saw It Coming

Group: Associates
Member No.: 57

If anyone's ever heard me rant about how many Red Swords I've found in Skyly, this is why. I had the same problem DivA had a few times, and it sucks to lose progress. It sucks even more to lose a few rare items. :/

I'm glad you didn't corrupt though. beigesmile.gif

-Khao

--------------------
Sometimes when I talk to people, I like to imagine a giant "EDIT" button over their head. Not that it matters, I always reach for "DELETE".

+Quote Post
DivA
post Oct 16 2003, 10:44 AM
Post #8

Deus-Ex MachinA

QUOTE (Khaotika @ Oct 15 2003, 05:33 PM)
I'm glad you didn't corrupt though. beigesmile.gif

~yah, that is the single element that i would not wish, even against a hated enemy - no one deserves the corruption.. Oo

+Quote Post
Bri-N
post Oct 17 2003, 05:05 PM
Post #9

Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 40

I've gotten that error before, I also had times where the games just wouldn't load themselves. I forgot where I read this but someone said to go buy one of those "canned air" bottles and blast the air into the vents and the lens. That's what I did, but with a machine that blasts air, afterwards everything began to work fine again beigelaugh.gif

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Oct 17 2003, 05:47 PM
Post #10

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Knightsword @ Oct 15 2003, 03:09 AM)
yea it is, I had just gotten an x-mas present off a santa rappy when it happened last and the other times were during Metroid Prime.

Oh its been awhile since I looked, but Nintendo support was no help then are no help now.

An Error has occurred:
If you are getting the specific message, "An error has occurred. Turn the Power Off and check the Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet for further instructions." This means there may be an internal problem with the system.
1. Check Individual Game Disc problems or Multiple Game Disc problems (depending upon how many games exhibit the problem) to see if the cause of the message is a dirty or damaged disc.
2. If the disc appears fine or works properly in another system, this means there is an internal problem with the system. A repair will need to be set up. Please use our convenient repair options.

In my experiences things that cause this are usually lack of circulation of air for the gamecube and over usage. This was a reason why my PS2 broke down on me and my DC I would syggest opening it up and doing like Bri-N says and giving it a good ol cleaning.

Those can bottles will work. But if you wanna be ghetto about, take a white T or q-tips a knife and get to work. Just make sure under any circumstances you DO NOT TOUCH THE LENSE!

Or if you wanna play safe and where one of the smart ones to get a warrenty. Take back to the store and demad they fix that puppy up. Just make sure you have your warranty with you too. Or else they will tell you what they told me. "fuck off"

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:49 PM