PSO2 News Updates, BREAKING NEWS
HC82
post Apr 8 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #16

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Alisha @ Apr 1 2012, 10:48 AM) *
havent been following this closely but sounds interesting.

also hi guys its been a while beigebigrazz.gif

QUOTE(Crushinator @ Apr 1 2012, 11:02 AM) *
Get on skype

Hey, it's ok if you sound like a dude on Skype. I sound like a dude on Skype, too!

[attachment=140:pso20120...4022_001.jpg]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Apr 17 2012, 10:44 AM
Post #17

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

So I got a letter saying I got into the beta, any clue on how to install it and get it going?

I know Donkey and Kaz also got in.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Apr 17 2012, 11:48 AM
Post #18

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

First go here and log in:
http://pso2.jp/cbt/

Then go here and download the downloader.exe tool:
http://pso2.jp/cbt/manual/

The pictures here are self explanatory even if its in Japanese. The client is roughly 3gb.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Apr 17 2012, 06:26 PM
Post #19

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

Word son, in there too. So is my brother. Seems like it was hard not to get in haha. guitarist.gif

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Apr 18 2012, 06:28 AM
Post #20

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

I'm actually very happy to see this as it means they pretty much learned their lesson from the debacle that was JP PSU in its infancy. They updated their blog with more info on the beta and their plans at launch.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Apr 18 2012, 12:13 PM
Post #21

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

OK, lets try and play tonight then. AT posse, MOUNT UP!

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Apr 18 2012, 02:19 PM
Post #22

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

Very excited. I will wait for open beta or release though.

I have a question.

Do you have to compete for loot like PSO and Diablo or are they going with the modern model of Diablo 3 and Torchlight II where "Everyone gets their own random loot drops."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Apr 18 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #23

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

QUOTE(Scan_Man @ Apr 18 2012, 02:19 PM) *
Very excited. I will wait for open beta or release though.

I have a question.

Do you have to compete for loot like PSO and Diablo or are they going with the modern model of Diablo 3 and Torchlight II where "Everyone gets their own random loot drops."

Phantasy Star Zero used the latter loot system of everyone gets their own. If I remember right, Phantasy Star Online 2 uses it as well. BALLIN.

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
HC82
post Apr 19 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #24

Not sure if its true but supposedly closed beta users can invite friends (got this off gfaqs):

"http://pso2.jp/cbtinvite/

These directions are second hand, so sorry if its not accurate lol.

https://ssl.pso2.jp/cbtinvite/form/
you log in here
and then you get a form that goes your name, persons email, message"

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Apr 19 2012, 09:26 PM
Post #25

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

Ah cool. Well if someone has a spare invite I would be interested.

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Apr 20 2012, 03:29 AM
Post #26

McDonald's!

This game is all about
alt+Q

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Apr 20 2012, 11:37 AM
Post #27

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

QUOTE(donkeybeatz @ Apr 20 2012, 05:29 AM) *
This game is all about
alt+Q

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
HC82
post Apr 21 2012, 11:00 AM
Post #28

JP ONRY Translations

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-closed-beta...ni-guide/#goals

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post May 3 2012, 02:12 PM
Post #29

McDonald's!

Here's Vitamin D, Kaz, and myself squaring off with the Vol Dragon for the first time (or 2nd time, I don't remember).

Wish I spent a bit more time with the beta but so far, it's pretty damn fun. It definitely has that PSO vibe to it with a bit of Monster Hunter mixed in.

Oh yeah, the "free field" missions are the shit. These missions are just your typical PSO run through. You go in, kill shit, proceed to the next area, then eventually teleport to the boss. What makes these missions awesome are the random encounters with big mobs. For example, we were rummaging through the volcano area, killing the standard monsters that spawn then all of a sudden, the fucking Vol Dragon comes up from the goddamn ground. Shortly after we put him down, some fucking catadoran spawn (they're wingless dragons that can extend themselves). These guys were bosses in one of the volcano missions. Then we still had to kill the Vol Dragon at the end of the mission. This happened all in one play through. In another play through we randomly encountered this big insect boss (I forget it's name...). After we kill it, another one spawns.

Interrupt events that randomly happen during a mission, with a voice that goes "EMERGENCY: CODE..." followed by:
ATTACK
DUEL - Usually a battle with a boss.
RESCUE - In my case, I was captured then put inside this dome-like thing and D had to come and rescue me lol. We had to break the dome but it took a bunch of hits to break free. Enemies were spawning also.
COLLECT - Basically collect whatever that needs to be collected.
ELIMINATION
ARREST
CHANGE OVER - I think this happens when a bunch of emergency codes overlap.
PROTECT (I think it was protect anyway) - In my case, I had to protect this downed npc airship until they repaired it.

Some things I like:
  • The hub. All the basic stuff you need are here like sell/buy/deposit/heal as well as start/restart missions. You can do all of this without ever going to the ship lobby. It's basically a Pioneer 2 that's localized in a small room.
  • You can deposit your items to your bank from anywhere. Even during missions. Though if you want to take stuff out from your bank, you'd have to go access it from a terminal.
  • Rangers. Even though I didn't devote much time into them, I had a blast using the rocket launchers. Also, 3rd person aiming works really well. It's almost like you're playing gears of war or lost planet (more so).
  • Telepipes are back but they're not placed where your character is. Rather it shows up at a predetermined spot depending what section of the map you're in.
  • You can revive more than one person with only one moon atomizer as long as they're within its AOE.
  • Cards for forces are kinda awesome. Other than doing melee damage, you can proxy techs from it. For example, throw a card towards your teammates, then cast resta from it while avoiding danger. The card lasts only for a few seconds though if you are casting techs from it but you can quickly toss out another card afterwards. The cards stop in place when you charge up a tech.
  • You can set text macros for certain events. Whenever you finish a mission for example, you can have your character shout a phrase (mine was "ballinnnnn" for testing purposes) or if someone levels up, you can say "congrats" automatically without even touching your keyboard.
  • The random area effects. In the forest area, fog and rain can occur. When it rains, thunder can come crashing down and do damage. The rain also causes the river to run rapid so you can't stand in it without being dragged with the flow. In the volcano, magma can erupt through the ground, knocking you into the air and doing damage.
  • The overall atmosphere of the game is pretty cool. The graphics aren't hyper detailed but it definitely has style. The little UI stuff, animations, and other bits of detail are impressive.
I only dabbed a little bit into the symbol chat thing but I can say its pretty robust. You can even use shortcuts that used for design programs. It was only the beta but its a huge improvement over what PSU was when that game was released.

A little quick edit: There was an update today about the new stuff including a desert planet and an ice planet. PSOW has some of the scoops here: http://www.pso-world.com/news/02447-second...riefing-summary

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post May 3 2012, 03:05 PM
Post #30

System Id

Member No.: 45

Yep, I pretty much love this game. PSO is definitely back!

alt+Q

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:48 PM