IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rock Revolution, Now everyone's doing it.
tanshin
post May 16 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #1

Drunken Ninja Master Thug

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 80

sauce: http://kotaku.com/390879/konami-announces-rock-revolution

Seems like everyone is jumping on the music rhythm game bandwagon these days and seeing as Konami was somewhat instrumental in starting the whole genre it makes sense that the would come out with their own answer to Guitar Hero and Rock Band. That answer is Rock Revolution. Rock Revolution is mainly centered around the drumming although there will be guitar and bass available as well. There were no guitars in evidence but they were keen to show off their drum kit which features a total of six drum pads and a pedal. They also made sure to show us how quiet the pads themselves were so we could avoid the problem of "annoying family and neighbors with the constant tapping. I'm sure I have NO idea what they were referring to with that...

The game will be coming out for the PS3, Xbox 360. Wii and the DS with each version having it's own distinct features but all will include a career mode and forty songs to play along with. Oddly, the console versions will not include vocals, but the DS version will. There is no official song list yet, so keep your eyes peeled for more announcements regarding that but I did see a few that were available on the demo which were Blitzkrieg Bop, Detroit Rock city, We're Not Gonna Take It and All The Small Things. There are eight playable characters and various locales ranging from garage to county fair to rock arena. Unfortunately, even though they showed off the drum kit at the presentation, they didn't provide any photos of it so keep an eye for that as well.

Is Rock Revolution going to be a Guitar Hero or Rock Band killer? Probably not, but it will be interesting to see how it actually does in the market. I'm afraid however, that this might be a case of too little too late.

No singing, wtfm8

--------------------

dueling, remade for modern audiences
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alisha
post May 16 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #2

Monk Princess

Member No.: 11

bah ill take frequency over this kind of stuff anyday!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 16 2008, 08:20 PM
Post #3

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

day late and a dollar short, konami. shoulda tried this 8 years ago when you invented guitar freaks/drum mania. You've been beaten before you already began!

Alisha, its way past the due date to show your HxCoreness by eschewing other music games for freQ/Amp.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post May 17 2008, 08:50 AM
Post #4

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

source

vid of the game in action

--------------------

+Quote Post
tanshin
post May 17 2008, 05:46 PM
Post #5

Drunken Ninja Master Thug

Member No.: 80

I gotta say, I like that drum kit MUCH better than rock band or GH4's set up.

Based on the trailer itself, the game doesn't looks that good. The complete horizontal scrolling as opposed to being angled toward you makes the game overall feel less action packed, per se, and less exciting. I would almost lean toward the word "rushed"... the characters in the background seem really generic with repetitive movements, all the songs seem like the same kind of song (which even if I liked that old style ass-rock, I would tire of it even by the end of this trailer) Are their music choices based on what the GH series has been releasing or what? I personally like the Rock Band line up of music much better. More variety, and they aren't afraid to step a bit outside of the basic rock genre.

--------------------

dueling, remade for modern audiences

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 17 2008, 06:49 PM
Post #6

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

Those drums look interesting, but by using a non-standard (well, non-RB) drum kit, konami basically cut themselves out from the market of people who already bought RB's full package, which is pretty much THE market for this type of game. There's nothing in RR that seems to set it apart from RB or GH4, so what incentive do consumers have to buy this one over the competition?

Like Tanshin said, the song list seems too similar, and can't touch what RB is doing. And the gameplay and songs are what its all about!

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:06 PM