Reply to this topicStart new topic
AT Roll Call
AC9breaker
post Dec 21 2013, 08:53 PM
Post #1

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Was talking with Crush the other day and we where reminiscing on some fond memories. I'm not online and don't get to game with you fine folks as I use to due to my career, but none the less I still care and I'm curious as to what everyone is up to. Whats everyone playing, how the hell is life?

Me personally, I've been in one hell of a ride. I've been to South Korea, Australia, China, and the Philippines, this year alone, not to include that I'm currently living in Japan. I've got another year out here, and as strange as its been and sometimes pretty annoying, I know I'm gonna miss it. I'm trying to get stationed in California next, near the San Diego area. I've got a year left in the Marine Corp and can't wait to get out. Not to say that it's been bad, in fact its been an awesome enlightening experience. For those who don't know, I'm an MV-22 Osprey crewchief and I love what I do, I've made some of the best memories, actually felt like I made a positive impact in this world when I was helping out in the humanitarian effort in the Philippines and have made some of the best friends I'll ever have. But it's kinda like that fish in the pond story. The fish can only grow as big as the pond is and I feel like I'm about to outgrow this pond. Going to all these places has really stuck me with the travel bug. So when I get out I plan on traveling, maybe international, maybe just in the united states, still haven't decided. Maybe I'll do that AT road trip we've always joked about, haha. Definitely gonna take advantage of my benefits though and try studying out of my home state, maybe somewhere in Colorado.

Gaming wise, I've fallen behind on the times. I've managed to keep up with a few things, I've got a pretty decent Gaming Laptop,
GPU: GeForce GTX 680M
CPU:Intel i7-3630QM @2.40 Ghz
8.00 GB RAM
1536 x 864 resolution 60Hz

Rolling with windows 7 fuck that new windows.
I've got Battlefeels 4, and still playing Starcraft 2 from time to time gots that HoTS expansion as well, also had the new SimCity but that quickly got old so I stopped playing. Console wise, its Ps triple, tr3y brothergood for life. Playing Dark Souls whenever I'm feeling angry at myself. Purchased Persona Arena 4, pretty damn badass and Metal Gear Solid Rising. about the only note worthy games I have from this gaming year. I was spending some time playing the PSP, starting to get back into handhelds, really want a PS Vita. My poisons of choice where Persona 3, that final Fantasy fighting game sequel with a weird subtitle; duodecim or some shit, and Valkyria Chronicles two. I really don't wanna bog this post down with too much inane videogame idiosyncrasies but I've got some thoughts I wanna put out there and I feel like we should get the gang back and do another podcast, anyway.

Thanks to some cool aps and programs out there like spotify and of course you guys I've been able to find some awesome music.
Lately I've been all about The Black Keys and Left Lane Cruisers. Been also listening to a bunch of Danzig and Misfits, really like the Famous Monster album.
Whelp, Thats whats going on with me.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Dec 23 2013, 02:56 AM
Post #2

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

Taking Game Design classes at University of Baltimore and working towards a degree in that (should be done a year from now, but class time availability is wonky when there is only one professor able to teach the class and wants to have the class at 8 pm when I have to work). Really good program though. Finally video game design programs have matured enough in the last 5 years to be quite legit where it's not a waste of time or really a Computer Programming degree in disguise. Really talented and diverse folks in this program and surprising lots of people like me who wanted to go back to school and finally learn about making games.

Cool thing is I get to play games for education purposes and write about them. Which allows me to play new releases without "wasting time" not doing school work. The school library has all the game consoles available. I mean all, like the freakin Magnavox Odyssey.

Best moment so far though is trying out the Occulus Rift.

Right now, semester is over, and I am trying to catch up on games I've bought this year but either did not finish or did not get around to playing due to lack of time.

Currently working through Tomb Raider.

But the list of game I need to finish is:

Ni No Kuni
Far Cry 3
Fire Emblem Awakening
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (no way going to finish this lol, already have over 80 hours)
Super Mario 3D World
Pokemon X
Disgaea D2
Rayman Legends
Assassin's Creed 4
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (almost finished with this)
Beyond Two Souls

To name a few. . . .

Yeah aint happening. But I am enjoying the hell out of Tomb Raider. Really, gameplay-wise I think it's better than most of the big releases this year that get the GOTY mention. Story and quick time shit is ass, but gameplay is solid. Great atmosphere and level design too!

My favorite games this year (unofficial GOTY until I play more games on the list).

1. Hearthstone -hands down best game of the year for me, and still in beta. The only game since PSO ver 2 where I shifted a whole day or weekend around just only playing this game. Many times I will say to myself "I just want to play this all day. If I can play this all day without disruption I will die a happy man!"

2. Antichamber -Best puzzle fps out there that's not Portal

3. A Link Between Worlds -Best Zelda game in a very long time, hope Wii U Zelda uses similar dungeon and item progression

4. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - actually my first Monster Hunter, heard good things but it always seemed very grindy so I was always put off from trying it. Maaaan do I see what folks were talking about. Like I said sunk 80 hours into it, and that was over two weeks. Had to force myself to stop playing because I was starting to neglect stuff. Like playing Hearthstone LOL!

5. Super Mario 3D World - Really fun. Most game game released this year. Excellent level design that adds new things with every level. A reason to own a Wii U

6. FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Really the best new MMO out there. I will be re-subbing next month to check out the new content.

Last thing. Really enjoying PS4 even with the lack of games. Decided to pick up Assassin's Creed 4 for it, instead of PC (yeah my PC is beefy enough to run it with better graphics and framerate at 1080p) mostly to have a good single player game to play on it. But also to not deal with the bugs that always plague the PC ports of Assassin's Creed, poor performance optimization that take months to get fixed through drivers, and Uplay DRM bullshit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
HC82
post Dec 26 2013, 04:37 PM
Post #3

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

Dood, FFXIV all day everyday... The game is actually really good at high levels.

Besides that I picked up a Nintendo DS XL and picked up all of the Phoenix Wright games in one shot. Up to episode 4 on the 1st one. Ergo, many more bathroom breaks before I finish off the entire series.

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Jan 14 2014, 03:43 PM
Post #4

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

Let's see...

Been battling depression on and off since like 2009 and survived a suicide attempt back in October (long story). Starting to get a handle on it though. On a lighter note, my dad re-married recently and one of my step sisters is into a lot of the same stuff I am, though not really much of a gamer.

Speaking of which, mostly playing PSO2. I got a PS Vita recently along with Ys Celceta and am digging it so far.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:09 AM