IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Resident Evil, To zombie or not to zombie?
unitself
post Aug 29 2003, 10:32 AM
Post #1

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

I was suprised to see that there wasn't a thread about this series in here.
So, I will make one!
um... here it is!

Ok, right now, I am playing RE1 re-make for the GC and I am loving it. It looks great and it has plenty of tense and spooky moments. For some reason, I am able to control this one much better than any of the other RE games I have played.
I have also played and finished RE2 (DC) and RE3: Nemesis (DC). I got about halfway thru RE: Code Veronica (DC), but I got stuck in a bad save with no health and lots of badguys so I stopped playing. I read that they are porting this one to the GC soon. No re-make like with RE1 though. Too bad, I would have bought it again to see it all prettied up GC style.
I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to RE4. The screenshots and the preview movie look freaking awesome. I hope they can find some way to keep the art quality up and still have it all be rendered in realtime. I know there will be a hit in quality, but I just hope it's not too bad.
I've also played Dino Crisis (DC). I kinda liked the way the backgrounds were psudo realtime. I prefer zombies to dinos though, although Dino Crisis 3 looks cool as hell.
Anyways, this is just me rambling about RE games.
Thoughts? Anyone else like this series as well?
What about Carrier? Silent Hill? Alone in the Dark? Blue Stinger? D2? Illbleed? Nightmare Creatures 2? Shadow Man (reaching a bit here)? Any others?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
OzzaJW
post Sep 1 2003, 05:05 AM
Post #2

Psy Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 24

I noticed a few people were curious about RE-Outbreak. It really surprised me when i got to play it at the playstation experience in London, i thought it'd be some strangely off-genre attempt but it plays just like the old Resi-Evil's (in a good way). I onyl got a brief go because twisted metal black online was right next to it and i have an addiction to that game, so i didn't quite grasp the online play aspect, but it was a good game (by didn't grasp i mean didn't udnerstand how it was online, but i suspect it's multiple people in the areas).

--------------------
user posted image
Co-founder of Intrinity-the Era of Destiny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
unitself   Resident Evil   Aug 29 2003, 10:32 AM
DivA   ShadowMaN is the pinnacle of the genre ~ gamers th...   Aug 29 2003, 01:01 PM
unitself   I loved ShadowMan. And the fact that you could fin...   Aug 29 2003, 02:38 PM
Mute   I'm a pretty big RE fan myself. I've spent...   Aug 29 2003, 02:42 PM
DivA   lol, i liked RE I for ps1 ~ yah, the original...yo...   Aug 29 2003, 03:01 PM
unitself   HA! That's a good one! Barry IS great...   Aug 29 2003, 03:14 PM
HC82   Of all the games listed, I pretty much played them...   Aug 29 2003, 03:38 PM
Azrael   I can't believe you forgot Fatal Frame(lol). T...   Aug 30 2003, 11:37 AM
Crushinator   I love the Resident Evil series too, and I can...   Aug 30 2003, 03:25 PM
unitself   totally. Silent Hill 2 kicked ass. I have only pla...   Aug 30 2003, 03:41 PM
Crushinator   On the subject of ED: I liked this games presenta...   Sep 1 2003, 02:13 AM
OzzaJW   I noticed a few people were curious about RE-Outbr...   Sep 1 2003, 05:05 AM
unitself   Crush, where did you find Gaiden? That's the G...   Sep 1 2003, 06:00 PM
Azrael   Well, All troughout the month of october and from ...   Sep 2 2003, 12:30 PM
unitself   HAHAHA! Azrael, that sounds like a great idea...   Sep 2 2003, 02:04 PM
unitself   HAHAHA! Azrael, that sounds like a great idea...   Sep 2 2003, 02:04 PM
unitself   hey Crushinator. Today, I went out looking for RE:...   Sep 4 2003, 02:21 PM
Crushinator   I got RE: Gaiden at the Base Exchange in Hill Air ...   Sep 4 2003, 02:39 PM
Woe   ive played every RE i can remember being released....   Sep 4 2003, 11:37 PM
AC9breaker   Info here! Clicky the linky! Heres some i...   Sep 6 2003, 12:56 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 05:02 PM