Reply to this topicStart new topic
More PSO to come after Episode III?, EGM's Rumor Mill
Bryn
post Jun 24 2003, 01:17 PM
Post #1

Nothing but the rain.

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 5

It's an itty bitty tidbit in the most recent EGM, and granted it's in the Rumor Mill, but still, it's a few bread crumbs thrown to nibble on. beigesmile.gif

From EGM

What you heard: "Phantasy Star Online will be done, dead, nada, ziltch after Episode III C.A.R.D Revolution comes out."

The Q's sources say: Well, this one's half right - Episode II will be the last chapter...of this PSO story. It'll wrap up the current plot line of Red Ring Rico and Pioneer 1 and 2, but it's definitely not "over for good." Talk that sonic Team is working on a new, full-length PSO has been going on for some time, but the hot tip now is that the game will feature a full, separate offline Phantasy Star in addition to the online adventure.

So..maybe...possibly..hopefully? ^ ^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ether
post Jun 24 2003, 01:26 PM
Post #2

+4 HP

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 41

Ah cool, this is more what I'd hoped. Its the end of PSO, but PSO 2 and maybe PS5 are coming soon =)

+Quote Post
DivA
post Jun 24 2003, 01:46 PM
Post #3

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

*reflects* it's good to see Sonic Team deciding not to beat PsO into the ground with repititious enhancements (PsO, PsO ver.2, PsO episode I & II, PsO episode III = blah.. ;p) indeed, it's time for new directions & a decent offline adventure could prove promising; however, i'm uncertain if having an 'old-school' style adventure offline would work well online.. =? if ST is going for what Phantasy Star represented (fighting style, layout, etc..), then doing that same style online would be 50/50 depending on how well the execution is done.. =.

*shrugs* either way - as long as ST creates fresh content for upcoming titles with their signature style & brilliance, i'll be there.. beigesmile.gif

+Quote Post
Angel of Enders
post Jun 24 2003, 01:55 PM
Post #4

Unorthodox

Group: Associates
Member No.: 47

As long as they learn from their mistakes, they can do whatever the heck they want as far as I'm concerned.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Jun 24 2003, 02:01 PM
Post #5

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

I don't think I'd want the same battle system as the first 4 PS games online. Maybe a full-fledged MMORPG with a more evolved version of the current PSO's battle system would work. Skills for the various weapon types would be cool too. It would be even cooler if said skills could be linked with others. I know we have that with the PB's now, but it'd still be cool.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
DivA
post Jun 24 2003, 02:10 PM
Post #6

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

QUOTE (DarkEpyon @ Jun 24 2003, 03:01 PM)
I don't think I'd want the same battle system as the first 4 PS games online. Maybe a full-fledged MMORPG with a more evolved version of the current PSO's battle system would work. Skills for the various weapon types would be cool too. It would be even cooler if said skills could be linked with others. I know we have that with the PB's now, but it'd still be cool.

*nods* indeed, having more is always good; ST has a good thing with the mechanics of both character & fighting system for PsO - it would be to their advantage to further enhance the experience by focusing more on the online aspect instead of attempting both.. =. if the team decides to do both scenarios - both online & offline (as far as play mechanics..), then something worthy may become lost in the formula..

sad, but true - only the IF scenario though.. ;p the upcoming True Fantasy Live Online may hold the key that Sonic Team needs to further enhance their vision for PsO's future.. ^.-

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jun 24 2003, 04:22 PM
Post #7

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

Well Phantasy Star is a Sega cash cow. It would be foolish on thier part to end the series. Hopefully PSO has been more of a learning experience for Sonic Team. Many of the past mistakes on PSO(far too numerous) will allow ST to create a better product this time around.

PSO is one of the few action rpgs, which actually is IMO true action based gameplay. I do use the word "roleplaying" loosely when I refer to PSO as an rpg, but many supposed action rpgs are really point&click/turned based rpgs with the ability to move your character as you please, instead of waiting your turn to attack. Diablo and .Hack are good examples. They really aren't any where as action based as PSO. In this case performing combos, avoiding attacks, etc.

With all that said it is one of the reasons why I enjoy PSO, yet the overall lack of combat development(for my personal tastes) in relation to what your character can and can't do should be improved in future PSOs(ex. defend, counter attack, abilities etc...).

Iam sure Sonic Team has heard our complaining on what needs to be added, lets just hope they aren't under budget and can actually afford to spend some time with it.

+Quote Post
Henge
post Jun 25 2003, 11:27 PM
Post #8

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

Taps metal fingertips togeather... plink, plink, plink

veeery intresting indeed.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:13 PM