Reply to this topicStart new topic
Soul Calibur 2, The soul still burns...
Dive
post Aug 17 2003, 11:23 PM
Post #1

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

This will be out later this week and I am pretty hyped to get it. Soul Calibur is my all time favorite fighting game and this one looks to be even better. We used to have SC nights where a bunch of friends would show up and proceed to get slaughtered by Bryn and myself. I don't know how many hours we logged in versus mode, I know the matches would get up into the triple digits. I think we will get this on XBox as most of the reviews favor that version, the GC controller just feels wrong with this game. Besides Spawn is on the XBox!

My characters:
Cervantes
Astaroth

evilking.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 18 2003, 04:00 AM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I am also jazzed for this release. I loved SC on the DC, and I have been getting into SC2 in the arcade in the last few weeks, to kinda warm up for the home version.

I liked to play Voldo and Nightmare on the DC, but on the arcade SC2 I'm starting to grow fond of Astaroth, so I will probably try to redefine my play style to be him. Of course Spawn might turn out to be real cool too (I'm getting the Xbox version as well, obviously.)

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
DivA
post Aug 18 2003, 08:34 AM
Post #3

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

another neat title to look out for ~ there are so many, difficult to manage available time for all my favorites; this series was fun ~ Ivy is my favorite.. =)

+Quote Post
Icaras
post Aug 18 2003, 12:01 PM
Post #4

crazy in the coconut

Member No.: 16

Taki.

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Aug 18 2003, 01:01 PM
Post #5

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

Ivy pwnz j00. Anyway, I'm getting the GC version. Don't have an X Box, Heiachi's whack, and I've played the GC demo of SC2 and I didn't have any real problems. Plus Link has the best Special weapons of the 3. shades.gif I'll be all over this game when it comes out (A DAY after school starts no less.) I can't wait!

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
Mute
post Aug 18 2003, 01:32 PM
Post #6

Sunbro

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 25

I'm in a tight money situation, so I won't really be able to afford getting SC2 on release. I'll likely pick this up around Christmas or so. The game looks really good and seemed to play fairly well with the GC controller. I wish Spawn was in the GC version as well tho. ;_;

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Aug 19 2003, 06:34 AM
Post #7

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Welcome, to the stage of history!

Weeeeeeeee can't wait for this one. Ive had this one on reserve for awhile now. For all the patience, im getting a free artbook beigebiggrin.gif. I reserved it for GC and my brother for Xbox. Yes everybody, once you learn how to play with Ivy, as the grea scan_man said, she is the most rewarding. But till then My dark knight of crimson eyes shall defeat those who stand in my way. Ive been spending so many quarters at the arcade because of this dam game! guns.gif guns.gif guns.gif Oh and oh yea, Mission mode is Back and you can aquire unique weapons for the characters.beigebiggrin.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Aug 19 2003, 02:44 PM
Post #8

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

Never played the first one, so I'll have to pick this one up soon. I've heard nothing but good things about it though.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Bryn
post Aug 19 2003, 08:34 PM
Post #9

Nothing but the rain.

Member No.: 5

QUOTE (Vitamin D @ Aug 18 2003, 02:01 PM)
Plus Link has the best Special weapons of the 3.  

Uber snuggie breeches? hehe beigelaugh.gif

I was fairly proficient with most of the female characters in the first game, but Sophitia was by far my favorite. Protector of good, defender of light, and certain death to under handed, treacherous pirates. skullcross.gif

+Quote Post
Dive
post Aug 20 2003, 02:08 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Bryn @ Aug 19 2003, 09:34 PM)
Protector of good, defender of light, and certain death to under handed, treacherous pirates. skullcross.gif

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

beigelaugh.gif

skullcross.gif

+Quote Post
unitself
post Aug 20 2003, 02:34 PM
Post #11

green and square

Member No.: 49

AWESOME!
Let the throwdown begin!!!

oh, and I won't be getting SC2 'cause I can't fight worth beans. Although, if it had online capabilities, I would get it, just so I could kick Icarus's ass.

http://www.highschoolgamers.com/downloads/...nkeyvsrobot.asf

--------------------

+Quote Post
DivA
post Aug 27 2003, 12:05 AM
Post #12

Deus-Ex MachinA

Member No.: 44

the legend lives ~ the folks at Namco did a good job, the animation is crisp & fluid; of course, i was skeptical about Link's role ~ but after several games worth, Link has possibilities.. =. he is a true testament for all Link fans out there, he can even shift weapons ~ besides the sword, Link has boomerang, bombs & bow with arrows.. =}

more to come, Voldo is up next to get some.. ;p

+Quote Post
Sheik
post Aug 28 2003, 12:18 AM
Post #13

☆タルタル、かわいい☆

Member No.: 33

I agree. I never played SC before until this but I decided while picking up FZero..what the heck. The game is so sawsome...and I thought SSBM was a nice game...haha.

I have already unlocked some characters and some stages. The story based play is a little challenging. The get 20 hits in before the time is up was a bit tricky...but I finally got it. Just a matter of learning the combos and timing attacks good. Sweet stuff.

I liked the addition of Link. He looks so much bigger in SC2...heh. at-emote1.gif

--------------------
Level
+ neola - Lv109 HUcaseal - Oran
+ Sheik - Lv056 FOnewearl - Viridia
Challenge
+ neola* - HUcaseal - Whitill
+ kali* - FOnewearl - Whitill
+ neola** - HUcast - Green

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Aug 28 2003, 09:35 PM
Post #14

Mistress of Red Magic

Member No.: 53

I had a few problems with that 20 hit stage, but then I remembered what Taki, boy is she fast.

Right now I'm at the "take massive damage when struck againest the wall and floor" stage and its a pain.

+Quote Post
Dive
post Aug 29 2003, 11:32 AM
Post #15

This game is so badass, I love it! beigebigeek.gif

Spawn is a pretty cool character but seems a bit overpowered so far. He has become one of my main characters along with Cervantes and Astaroth. They also really improved Mitsurugi's attacks in my opinion. Weapon Master mode is great fun, and you get to purchase additional weapons for all the fighters to use.

I tried Necrid and he has some potential, but I hate Charade, he just looks dumb. beigeroll.gif

By all means, turn on Japanese language for the fighters, the english just sounds bad on some characters.

We only had a few hours last night to play this but we got pretty far in Weapon Master, opened up Cervantes, Charade, Yoshimitsu, and bought quite a few new weapons and opened a few more stages.

Impressive game. beigebiggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:20 PM