Reply to this topicStart new topic
Soul Calibur 2, The soul still burns...
AC9breaker
post Aug 29 2003, 12:21 PM
Post #16

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Yes this game truly embodies everything a sequal should be. I own the GC version and Link is so freaking cool. Pretty easy to pick up too. My brother has the X-box version and spawn is a monster. He is so fast and powerful it not even funny. The way he spins his axe, it alawys keeps me guessing like "dam, where is he gonna hit!?" He kinda reminds me of Cervantes with all the powerful moves he has. Im not really impressed by necrid. But I do enjoy how They have added new moves to everybody. I also got the artbook when i got the game and man, do those pics own. I just finally got the soul calibur for nightmare, it lokks so freaking cool! Right now my 3 main are Nightmare,Mitsurugi, and link. I also plan on getting the arcade stick to so as to own all my friends in this game. So they dont complain, I might end up getting 2 beigebiggrin.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Aug 29 2003, 06:08 PM
Post #17

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

Link is the shit, Megaton Hammer pwnz j00. shades.gif Yeah that's all *goes back to play*

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 30 2003, 03:31 PM
Post #18

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Dive @ Aug 29 2003, 12:32 PM)
By all means, turn on Japanese language for the fighters, the english just sounds bad on some characters.

The crazy voices are the BEST part of the game (besides the fighting)!!! I crack up at the different quotes from the characters...for GOD SAKES keep it in english, its worth the laughs!

Anyways, just woke up from a 8 hour SC2 and F-zero binge with my buddies last night so...yeah those games rule, 'nuff said. buttrock.gif I just wish we coulda opened up Lizardman..but you need to be weapon master level 72 or some such shit...grumble.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Sheik
post Aug 31 2003, 02:20 AM
Post #19

☆タルタル、かわいい☆

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 33

I heard that Link was exclusive to GCN, is that true? I doubt that Nintendo would agree to let one of its characters into a MS platform... at-emote1.gif

--------------------
Level
+ neola - Lv109 HUcaseal - Oran
+ Sheik - Lv056 FOnewearl - Viridia
Challenge
+ neola* - HUcaseal - Whitill
+ kali* - FOnewearl - Whitill
+ neola** - HUcast - Green

+Quote Post
OzzaJW
post Aug 31 2003, 11:02 AM
Post #20

Psy Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 24

SC2 isn't out in the UK yet but i was playign it like crazy when i got tickets to the Playstation Experience (a sony expo in England) and really liked it. I've also played the GC version (a friend imported) and love them both. I think the PS2 version though is a lot worse a conversion (some messed up lag on buttons in it) but yeh i adore this game. I always suck at beat-em ups but i still refuse to button-bash.

My fave characters have to be link, Cervantes (my main char from DC, i know people say he's sorta too good...) and Rafale. I suck with Rafale but i just love him for humour... one of the PS2 pods had language on Italian..... he sounds so retarded lol

--------------------
user posted image
Co-founder of Intrinity-the Era of Destiny

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Sep 1 2003, 02:07 AM
Post #21

QUOTE (Sheik @ Aug 31 2003, 03:20 AM)
I heard that Link was exclusive to GCN, is that true? I doubt that Nintendo would agree to let one of its characters into a MS platform... at-emote1.gif

Yes, Link is GC exclusive. The game is exactly the same across all 3 platforms with the exception of one character. GC gets Link, Xbox gets Spawn, and PS2 gets Heihachi.

And damn, the Xbox version loads so much faster than the GC one its not even funny! No waiting at all between fights or selecting characters.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Icaras
post Sep 2 2003, 02:41 PM
Post #22

crazy in the coconut

Member No.: 16

QUOTE (unitself @ Aug 20 2003, 03:34 PM)
oh, and I won't be getting SC2 'cause I can't fight worth beans. Although, if it had online capabilities, I would get it, just so I could kick Icarus's ass.

I highly doubt you could kick my ass.

and let's not forget the real reason you're not getting this...

the absence of your favourite furry love buddy, Sonic.

Sorry dude... as fictional as the story behind Soul Calibur is, there's no room for a flamboyant hedgehog and his gang of woodland buddies.

+Quote Post
unitself
post Sep 2 2003, 02:54 PM
Post #23

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

I am certain I could. In fact, I will be in the area in a few weeks so we could actually see.

Sonic could easily dominate each and every so called fighter in that puny little game. Spin dash, homing attack, smart-ass comments, the list goes on and on. Sheesh, even Tails could kick some ass, and that little fruit invented the word fairy.

Did you pick it up yet? You'ld better watch out or your precious elfin friend might mess his hair!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Icaras
post Sep 2 2003, 03:03 PM
Post #24

crazy in the coconut

Member No.: 16

Sorry, but there is no 'bounce on bad-guy's head until little fluffy bunny pops out' move in Soul Calibur.

let's face it.. your hero couldn't fight his way through an old-folks home. Which incidently, is where he belongs.

+Quote Post
Sheik
post Sep 3 2003, 09:26 PM
Post #25

☆タルタル、かわいい☆

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Crushinator @ Sep 1 2003, 01:07 AM)
And damn, the Xbox version loads so much faster than the GC one its not even funny! No waiting at all between fights or selecting characters.

That's not even funny. All this time I thought that mighty Xbox took forever to load stuff like the wonderful PS1 and PS2 did...loading........please wait......loading some more.

Well, the different characters might give people incentive to buy the other version, but not me! I think Link is so cool though. Did you get the GCN or the XBox version?

The only game I have ever seen load on the GCN that I have is Madden. It loads at the start of the game and whenever a game starts.

I have not played a fighting style game that could keep my attention like SSBM did in a long long time. SC2 is great. I am suprised I did not see SC1 before! at-emote1.gif

--------------------
Level
+ neola - Lv109 HUcaseal - Oran
+ Sheik - Lv056 FOnewearl - Viridia
Challenge
+ neola* - HUcaseal - Whitill
+ kali* - FOnewearl - Whitill
+ neola** - HUcast - Green

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Sep 4 2003, 02:42 PM
Post #26

The loading on the GC version isn't bad by any means, and I didn't even notice the speed until I got the Xbox ver. But after playing it on Xbox, I get all impatient with the GC now beigelaugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dive
post Sep 4 2003, 03:30 PM
Post #27

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

We only have the Xbox version so I can't make any comparisons to others. It loads very quickly however and I am very pleased with it. Does anyone have the PS2 version? I would like to know how Heihachi plays with this style of fighting. Tekken was always a little too stiff on gameplay to me.

+Quote Post
DivA
post Sep 4 2003, 03:50 PM
Post #28

Deus-Ex MachinA

Member No.: 44

*reflects* the ps2 version seems to be third in the advertising department.. =. i've seen several versions for GC & one for x-box..

+Quote Post
Alisha
post Sep 9 2003, 01:26 PM
Post #29

Monk Princess

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 11

ok i officially own this game i opened up everything even lizardman but it seems the more i play this game the more i hate it its simplicity is its bane and 3 levels of blocking blows(high,mid,low) im curious tho what are spawn and heiachi's bio's

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bri-N
post Sep 9 2003, 02:08 PM
Post #30

Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 40

Lizard Man took me a while to open because I didn't realize I was missing Subchapter 2 and that I needed to be level 72 beigebigeek.gif

BTW. Nice avatar Alisha beigelaugh.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:03 AM