Reply to this topicStart new topic
Soul Calibur 4 stuffs
Alisha
post May 27 2008, 12:24 PM
Post #1

Monk Princess

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 11

theres not a whole i can talk to you guys about these days so i thought we could discuss SC4. i'm sure you already know about darth vadar and yoda but they have also done something similar to SC2 again. necrid was a character designed by guest artist todd mc farlane. they have done this again except with more than one guest artist.

Angol Fear is a character in Soulcalibur IV designed by guest artist Mine Yoshizaki. She weilds an odd staff with a large moon shaped ball at the end, though nothing about it is known as of yet.

Ashlotte is a bonus female charcater for the game Soulcalibur IV. She was designed by manga artist Ito Ōgure , noted for creating Tenjho Tenge and Air Gear. Her style is very gothic and is similar to other works by Ōgure. Her weapon appears to be a staff or spear of sorts, with a lance on one end and an axe-like blade on the other. Certain parts of her also seem to be robotic or clockwork.

adds some red hair and we have linka =P

Scheherazade is a new female character in Soulcalibur IV. She is depicted as elf as she has pointy ears and wields a rapier. Other than those, nothing else is known about this character. She is a bonus character, designed by Yutaka Izubuchi

Shura is a new female bonus character in the upcoming Soul Calibur IV. She appears to be tall, sporting leather armour and horned skull shoulder pad. She seems to have holsters for two katanas and two shorter blades, though it is as of yet unconfirmed how the four blades will be used in combat.

while not new amy also returns as a proper character as well as pretty much everybody from SC3 from what i can tell so far.

also the armor breaking system from soul edge is back and if you break all of someones armor off you can perform a sort of finishing move on them.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 27 2008, 02:36 PM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Scherezade can't be Linka because she doesn't have a MAD RACK.

Aside from the robot-looking girl these guest character designs suck. Especially that first one, because the in-game character has this shitty anime look which doesn't fit in at all with the other characters in SC4.

Every other character in SC4 has a realisitic look with lots of detail in the textures, clothing, geometry, etc. Then Angol Fear is this flat faced undetailed anime piece of shit. What the fuck? Its not like they couldn't re-interpret the original design into a SC-style that was more cohesive with the whole game.

Also, what the hell is with every new guest character being female. I love Ivy's tig ol' bitties as much as anyone, but SC is not a T&A game like DOAX, yet each of these guest character guys seems to come up with a female char when Namco asks them for a design? If they are going after manga artists to make these new guys, how about something from the artists of BERSERK, Fist of the North Star, or Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? I'm sure they could come up with an awesome male character fitting into the world of SC. Better than "Ninja Girl... but she has 4 swords not 2. Also i drew these massive tits, and I put a skull on her to show she is a badass." at least. Gimme a break.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
tanshin
post May 27 2008, 03:08 PM
Post #3

Drunken Ninja Master Thug

Member No.: 80

I like them all except for the screenshot Crush posted. But that is a good point I didn't even think about, all girls. To me, SC just seems like a better franchise than having to resort to animated jiggly boobs to sell the game, yet that seems to be what they are headed for in this one.

Although when you think about it, the last time around had all male guest characters.

--------------------

dueling, remade for modern audiences

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post May 27 2008, 11:01 PM
Post #4

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

I concur, new characters are shit except for Robot Goth goth chick, and 4 sword side boob hanging out her baggy as shirt female Mitsurugi chick. Either way it doesn't matter I'm sticking to my Siegfried/Knightmare, unless of course we get Darth Vader as DLC. Then I'm totally gonna fuck around with him. I wish they would have add Emperor Grevious. He's probably my favorite dood from the Star Wars universe. Did anyone here plan on getting special Edition Soul Calibur? I already got my junk paid off in full. It suppose to come with a XL white Yoda T-Shirt. ps3 gets Black XL Darth Vader. =(

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post May 27 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #5

Mistress of Red Magic

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 53

I'm pretty sure I opted for the collector's 360 version, I need to stop in and check

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post May 28 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #6

Soul Hunter

Awesome vid showing off the armor break stuff Alisha was talking about. I just realized this game is gonna have a shitton of characters. I just hope they don't have too many like lol Tekken.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post May 28 2008, 03:46 PM
Post #7

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Member No.: 35

Yeah Oh Great's design is the only one that really stands out to me. Still though, I'm looking forward to this game. It looks like there's going to be a lot of characters, and like AC, I'm concerned that there could be too many. It won't keep me from buying it though haha. ninja2.gif

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
Alisha
post May 29 2008, 11:24 AM
Post #8

Monk Princess

Member No.: 11

i'm pretty much in agreement with you guys. but at least we will be able to create characters with those weapons that don't look stupid. in SC3 i made a character with voldos moves.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 29 2008, 11:36 AM
Post #9

Are you insinuating that Voldo looks stupid? I beg to differ.

The proof is in the pudding.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post May 30 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #10

Soul Hunter

Oshi- Return of the Ninja Mysteries? :O

--------------------

+Quote Post
tanshin
post May 30 2008, 06:10 PM
Post #11

Drunken Ninja Master Thug

Member No.: 80

QUOTE(AC9breaker @ May 30 2008, 01:41 PM) *
Oshi- Return of the Ninja Mysteries? :O

A true fan!

--------------------

dueling, remade for modern audiences

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Jun 6 2008, 02:02 AM
Post #12

This is my custom member title.

Member No.: 121

The character from "The Force: Unleashed" is also going to be in SC4. Just appeared in the latest trailer. He'll be in both versions.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6192140.html

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jun 6 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #13

Looks pretty cool. Now they just need to get some Darth Maul up in this bitch.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Jun 6 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #14

Mistress of Red Magic

Member No.: 53

So whos up next Obi-Won or Luke?

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Jun 8 2008, 07:06 PM
Post #15

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

That dude looks like a jackass. Anyway. . . Looking at recent videos the game is going to be awesome. I hope the game is closer to Soul Calibur 2 in design though than Soul Calibur 1 and 3.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:06 AM