Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

A Signature Image, entry in a contest
Dive
post Apr 15 2003, 11:31 AM
Post #1

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

This is a piece I did for a sig contest on another forum. The rules were it had to be 470x200 and it had to contain your name somewhere on it. I just wanted to share it with AT.

user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
OzzaJW
post Apr 15 2003, 05:41 PM
Post #2

Psy Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 24

that sig's why i came here lol. i also post at PoL,but for my own reasons i will stop visiting there soon, so i thought i'd catch ya here dive. i personally, (please don't flame me, i'm not trying to get off on a bad foot) think that sig you did looked rushed, because the colours clashed, and there was reflection in it, which as a designer (well...in the making) you should never use symmettrical backgrounds as they enclose the focal point. What did draw my attention however, was the sig you are using, whihc i thought was bloody superb!!! so i thought i'd come here because you play PSO, as i do, and you seem to be quite the arty place too.

Also, as a fellow artist/designer,Dive, would you say that in an art contest, proportions of a picture should be restricted to a fixed size, rather than a range? I've been expressing art at school for a while now (i'm 15, but we do lots of arts at my school) and i always find that proprtion and dimensions give a piece of work that brilliant touch to it, and i feel having that freedom removed denies you of your own talent. just curious if yoiu agree.

By the way, i really do like the sig, is that photography in the background yours, or form somewhere else, or not photography at all? please tell me as i just find that signature is very deep, and that makes it hard for me, as usually i can just see a sig, and see exaclty what they've done, but with yours my mind is a blank.

for the 470X200 one you contributed, i can just pick pretty much exactly how you made it, but the otehr one frustrates me because it's not just photoshop trickery, but actual artistic flair involved....

--------------------
user posted image
Co-founder of Intrinity-the Era of Destiny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:19 AM