Replies (1 - 99)
donkeybeatz
post Mar 17 2005, 02:15 AM
Post #2

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

AHHHH NEWS!!
I don't really care what platform its on, just gimme!
Judging from the pic..... Dual weilding?? Gun in one hand and saber in the other? Hrm hrm.
Only a couple more weeks till the new issue of EGM comes out.
Thanks Kyori!

Time to invest in the most kick ass video card.

EDIT: Upon further investigation, it also says....... "PS2"!
I guess this gives Mute a reason to use his HDD hahaha.

EDIT EDIT: D'oh I'm an idiot, I didn't fully read the topic description =P
Though I'll hold my breath since it could be some kind of sick joke haha.

This post has been edited by DJ_Donkey: Mar 17 2005, 02:22 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Riel
post Mar 17 2005, 06:45 AM
Post #3

Guardian Armor

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 14

Some guy on the TeamXbox forums yesterday said it was coming out in November,on the new XBox with 65 players online(i think it means in one world,not sure) but the link he provided had the date and the XBox 2 mention but nothing else...i'll try to find it.

EDIT:more info

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/front_index.php?

PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE REVEALED!

Classic MMORPG franchise revived by Sega's Sonic Team

11:46 Sega's Sonic Team is set to revive one of the Dreamcast's finest hours, with the advent of Phantasy Star Universe, a brand new massively multiplayer RPG which is set for release before the end of this year on Xbox, PC and PS2.
"A MMORPG on the Dreamcast? Surely you jest?" we hear you cry. But no kids, it's all true. And Phantasy Star Online was a highly regarded, early 56k console delve into the world of online, possibly only surpassed by the glorious mismatch which saw Dreamcast owners wholesale slaughter at the hands of PC Quake III Arena players.

Actually we broke first details on this last year, when it was slated as a GameCube exclusive. But a whole lot has changed since then because now Phantasy Star Universe is set to rock Xbox, PC and PS2 owners' bones before the end of 2005, with a release in the US and Japan currently pegged for around November.

There's few details at present except that Phantasy Star Universe is being developed by Sega's mighty Sonic team, and that in its consoles incarnations it will support up to 65 players and cost around $65 in the US.
No details on whether there'll be an ongoing subscription or not, but we have seen the first cheeky image from the game and we have to report it really does seem to live up to the sumptuous graphics of its illustrious predecessor. Wouldn't it be great if Sonic Team could also implement some swinging cross-platform action too, with PC players adventuring alongside their Xbox counterparts? One from our great gaming wish list.

Anyway, we're currently awaiting a response from Sega HQ on possible European release dates and details but we have to say it's great to see one of the classic online franchises revived. Phantasy Star Universe should further cement Sega's growing presence in the MMORPG online world.

--------------------
============================

+Quote Post
unitself
post Mar 17 2005, 09:28 AM
Post #4

green and square

Member No.: 49

Wow.. interestng news.
I am glad to see Xbox on that list of consoles. beigesmile.gif!!
But I am double sad to not see the GC on that list.
This will just further devide the great AT front.
Let's just cross our fingers that some kind of cross platform setup is implemented.

Now... the real waiting begins.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azrael
post Mar 17 2005, 12:15 PM
Post #5

Busy In Hell

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 51

Ok,I'm now in anticipation. teleport.gif If it comes to it, and the PC, PS2, and XBox are server compatible (they did it with FFXI, they could do it and add XBox capability), that would be a good thing. I may have to consider my options anad swallow my pride and play on the PC.

--------------------
user posted image
PSO BB:PSO BB Chars: Fred lv77 HUnewearl
Aquarius-X lv10 RAmarl
Watch DScc in action at DScc Vision Az

+Quote Post
kyori
post Mar 17 2005, 12:21 PM
Post #6

HUnny Powah!

Group: Associates
Member No.: 28

QUOTE (unitself @ Mar 17 2005, 09:28 AM)
Wow.. interestng news.
I am glad to see Xbox on that list of consoles. beigesmile.gif!!
But I am double sad to not see the GC on that list.
This will just further devide the great AT front.
Let's just cross our fingers that some kind of cross platform setup is implemented.

Now... the real waiting begins.

Nope not for xbox. Says so on the scan itself that it's ps2/PC and will even be more so clarified in the upcoming EGM.

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Mar 17 2005, 12:49 PM
Post #7

McDonald's!

IGN posted additional information:

First off, platform. The magazine lists Phantasy Star Universe as being in development for the PC and PlayStation 2. It does not list any other platform, so we can presume that, in Japan at least, the game is coming to these two platforms alone.

Phantasy Star Universe is set in the Grail Star System, which consists of three planets, as Phantasy Star fans would expect. Players are thrown into the middle of a war that has spanned a vast time.

Unlike PSO, the game has main characters with names. Two characters have been revealed so far: Ewan Webber and Karen Ella. Both aspires to be members of a fighting force called the Guardian Force. Will they be accepted?

Unfortunately, the exact nature of Phantasy Star Universe is still somewhat of a mystery. It's definitely an RPG, and it definitely has an Online component, allowing players to adventure with friends. Jump doesn't reveal if the game is a massively multiplayer Online title, or if the Online play is more limited, as in Phantasy Star Online. Players will be able to travel back and forth between the three planets of the Grail system, adventuring through massive 3D fields on vehicles and taking on huge monsters along the way.

A good many questions still remain unanswered, but at least we now have some solid details on Sega's big return to Phantasy Star. We expect information to slowly be released as the game approaches its Winter Japanese release.

Sauce page =P

Characters with names? Traveling between the Grail Star System? Vehicles? Winter release?
cry2.gif
My next game to import.

EDIT: Gamespot had similiar info but went in depth with the characters:

Phantasy Star Universe will take place throughout the Graal solar system, which consists of three planets and various races such as the Numans. After a century of peace following a lengthy period of war, civilization now faces an invasion from a new alien force named the SEED, which has begun attacking different colonies in space.

Two of the main characters will be Ethan Weaver and Karen Era. Fans may remember Ethan and Karen as the brown-haired youth who appeared in the trailer from the E3 presentation. The purple-haired Karen was also featured in the same but has since gone through some character design changes.

Ethan is a 17-year-old trainee at a planetary security organization named the Guardians, and Karen works as his instructor at the security organization. Ethan and Karen, along with some friends, are charged with the duty to protect humanity from the mysterious alien life forms.

Because Phantasy Star Universe has been promoted as a new installment to the Phantasy Star RPG series and has a solid storyline, it's a good bet that the game will play as a standalone title rather than an online game like Phantasy Star Online series.

This post has been edited by DJ_Donkey: Mar 17 2005, 04:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Mar 17 2005, 03:49 PM
Post #8

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

All I can say and stuck thinking is

OH
MY
GOD!
beigebigeek.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Mar 17 2005, 04:09 PM
Post #9

System Id

Member No.: 45

QUOTE (AC9breaker @ Mar 17 2005, 03:49 PM)
All I can say and stuck thinking is

OH
MY
GOD!
beigebigeek.gif

...ditto. beigebigeek.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Zio_*
post Mar 17 2005, 05:42 PM
Post #10

Guests

Great news definately! guitarist.gif

I'm not sure which platform to go but I have plenty of time to think about it.

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Mar 18 2005, 11:23 AM
Post #11

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

I'm will get for PC most def. I'm going to be paying to pay three online games a year from now. Sheesh!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Mar 18 2005, 11:42 AM
Post #12

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

*Faints. Im so damn excited about this game! It just needs to come out already! cry2.gif

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
kyori
post Mar 21 2005, 09:30 PM
Post #13

HUnny Powah!

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3138974&did=1

cover to the egm :D
and to clarify one more time it is PS2/PC not just PS2.

+Quote Post
unitself
post Mar 22 2005, 08:55 AM
Post #14

green and square

ARG! This makes me mad!!!
Platform jumping is a big drag!
I guess I can only hope that it's a great game for the people who can play it AND a game that I wouldn't find fun anyways. beigesmile.gif
Here's to the dream!! toast.gif

Then again... It did take them well over a year, after it was out on the GC, to put PSO onto the Xbox. Maybe the same thing will happen here. Maybe?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alisha
post Mar 22 2005, 12:42 PM
Post #15

Monk Princess

Member No.: 11

omfg [Can i have it]

user posted image

<--giddy like a schoolgirl

--------------------

+Quote Post
kyori
post Mar 23 2005, 03:37 AM
Post #16

HUnny Powah!

PSU site is live!

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/

With snapshots as well. PRETTY!

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Mar 23 2005, 01:35 PM
Post #17

McDonald's!

HOT DAMN!
What a neat site.

user posted image
If that's the lobby area, then wow!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Zio_*
post Mar 23 2005, 04:20 PM
Post #18

Guests

beigebigeek.gif GIB....NOW! bash.gif

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Mar 23 2005, 06:19 PM
Post #19

System Id

For those looking for more details, 1up.com recently had the chance to interview Yuji Naka, who revealed some facts about Phantasy Star Universe:

-PSU will indeed have an online portion and will, as of right now, be PS2 exclusive. Naka said he's "not quite sure" if there's any chance of it being ported to other systems.

-"The PSU security will be like that of PSO: BB with server-side characters and info."

-"I literally don't think it's possible to put PSU on PSP, as we're using the full power of the PS2. But if the network gets better and it's stable, maybe we could conceive of porting PSO to PSP. It's very interesting, but we don't have enough people to do that at this point."

Phantasy Star Universe will be released in Japan this summer for PS2 and PC. A US release date isn't known yet.

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Mar 23 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #20

This is my custom member title.

Member No.: 121

its just a shame that you have all suckered me into deciding to buy this game -.-

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Mar 24 2005, 02:56 AM
Post #21

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

So beautiful...I'm DYING for this game to come out! cry2.gif

--------------------
<center>

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Mar 25 2005, 05:54 AM
Post #22

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

This game looks great so far. Can't wait to see the robot.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
DivA
post Mar 25 2005, 06:00 AM
Post #23

Deus-Ex MachinA

Member No.: 44

lol, i just realized that the 1-up online article is already posted.. ^^; in any case, words & articles just make me dream about having this game even more..

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Mar 25 2005, 03:05 PM
Post #24

McDonald's!

More pics. Not from EGM though.

user posted image

user posted image

Comments?
Looks like alot of open field to play in.

EDIT: Boo links are dead.

This post has been edited by DJ_Donkey: Mar 26 2005, 06:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
HC82
post Mar 25 2005, 05:32 PM
Post #25

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

*Looks at pics*

*skeet*

Can't wait...

+Quote Post
Mute
post Mar 25 2005, 08:36 PM
Post #26

Sunbro

Member No.: 25

@_@

NEED!

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Mar 25 2005, 08:44 PM
Post #27

McDonald's!

*steals more info*
Credit to Nash from PSOW (which in turn, credits Soul4ger from GAF):

Soul4ger on GAF has the latest EGM and posted this excellent summary of the PSU article:

"Offline - 40-hour quest. It's a linear story, but you can explore the world as you please. It has everything you'd expect from an actual RPG -- huge towns, more than 20 dungeons, more than 15 bosses. You can have up to three members in your party, and while you don't directly control them, you can assign them commands. The single-player mode will have cutscenes, dialogue, an in-depth story, character development, etc., etc. Some people will have to join you for missions, but when you just want to explore and build levels, you can apparently select anyone to go with you. By the end of the game, you'll end up exploring three planets. It starts on the hume world, Parum, which gets attacked by weird aliens. You visit Neudaiz, a water world of "newman people," and Motwob, the planet of the beast people - desert planet. THe main character's name is Ethan Waber. He decides to fight because his sister gets attacked. Gameplay remains relatively similar to PSO, but there will be more puzzles and stuff in dungeons -- and not just flipping switches.

Online:

No longer jobs, just character races. Each of the four races has its own strengths, but you can develop them as you see fit. For example, casts are the best with guns, but that doesn't mean you can't build up their other characteristics and make them good magicians. Character customization is apparently incredibly improved. You can change colors of lips, eyebrows, eyes, hair, clothes, shoes, you can mold faces and bodies, create large or small breasts, make them firm or jiggly. That's an example the lead artist gives. HDD is NOT supported, because Sony pulled the support. It looks substantially better on the PC, and EGM recommends that version. Voice chat, regardless, has not been confirmed, for either platform.

Combat remains relatively similar to PSO, but there are differences, There are six-hit combo strings now, but you insert custom technique attacks into the combos to change them up. Strafing has been adding, and button-timing is supposed to be quick, for combat. Like John said, the number of party members is much higher, but Sega hasn't revealed how many it will be yet. Characters can dual wield different weapons now, so a gunner can have a short range gun and a long-range one equipped at the same time. Mags are gone, robot partners are in. Downloadable content will be more frequent and more substantial.

And PSO Blue Burst is coming this Summer, the mag says it's "free," but you just have to pay the $13 Hunter's Fee.

One last thing I forgot, vehicles are included."

I swear once I get a copy of that issue, I'm writing whatever they have on there word for word.
HC82: LMAO! Don't you dare edit that post!

Oh I found some scans from EGM. Credits to whoever scanned them:
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4< Dam look at that dragon!
Page 5

--------------------

+Quote Post
DivA
post Mar 25 2005, 09:07 PM
Post #28

Deus-Ex MachinA

Member No.: 44

~dj, i am grateful for the wisdom you share.. ;D

thank you much.. ^^ though voice chat is an advance that i don't look forward to ~ i like to type, if truth be told; *muses* i think it's time for some new avatars - let's see what i can salvage from these images ~ heh.. ;)

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Mar 26 2005, 12:29 AM
Post #29

System Id

G'od, I don't even know what to say. Its like everything I used to ask for in PSO is coming true in PSU. Massive combos able to connect with more powerful skills, more PT members, vehicles, better character costomization, better EVERYTHING!

Just speechless.

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Mar 26 2005, 07:02 AM
Post #30

Wow... this is better than I could've imagined. Dunno about the voice chat thing though. I've never played PSOX, so I can't really comment on it.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Riel
post Mar 26 2005, 07:15 AM
Post #31

Guardian Armor

Wow thanks for the scans and info...the only thing i'm a little sad about is no more Mags but robots might make up for it...i actually bought EGM thinking it was the new issue,the one with Jade Empire on the cover,but i guess it's not the newest one even though it's the April issue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Zio_*
post Mar 26 2005, 09:29 AM
Post #32

Guests

Yeah...no mags ;_; but the 6 string combo thing sounds cool, the vehicles, the 3 different worlds like in the first Phantasy Star, the fact that you can have more people in your party online, and and and...ah hell, the whole thing looks so damn cool.

Also that must be what EGM meant in the last issue when they had one word for us.
-create large or small breasts, make them firm or jiggly

+Quote Post
Alisha
post Mar 26 2005, 12:43 PM
Post #33

Monk Princess

awesomeness has left me speechless

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henge
post Mar 26 2005, 02:22 PM
Post #34

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

Looks pretty impressive. hurray for PC release.

+Quote Post
Azrael
post Mar 26 2005, 08:09 PM
Post #35

Busy In Hell

Member No.: 51

Looks like it'll be pc for me. I can't wait for this to come out. Again I say, I hope they get it right even if there's no release date annonced. Don't toy around with our emotions and make some of us do the I word by constant announcements and delays.

--------------------
user posted image
PSO BB:PSO BB Chars: Fred lv77 HUnewearl
Aquarius-X lv10 RAmarl
Watch DScc in action at DScc Vision Az

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Mar 27 2005, 07:06 AM
Post #36

Of course, I doubt there would be an English-language option like with previous installments.

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Mar 27 2005, 05:42 PM
Post #37

Mistress of Red Magic

Member No.: 53

For most of use it won't be a problem, but the EGM article did say Broadband only and no ps2 hdd support

+Quote Post
ZioII
post Mar 31 2005, 05:06 PM
Post #38

Armor

Member No.: 206

one word: woot!

--------------------
World of Warcraft (Medivh Server) - Retired
Zioe - Lv 60 Human Mage (Male)
Zeia - Lv 70 Human Priest (Female)

Phantasy Star Universe - Retired:
Zio II - Caseal - Lv 76+ - Fortegunner Lv 10, Fortefighter Lv 10, Fighgunner Lv 10.

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Apr 3 2005, 02:38 PM
Post #39

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Wow...this game sounds better and better the more I here. I'm dropping EVERYTHING when this game comes out. beigelaugh.gif

--------------------
<center>

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Apr 7 2005, 04:21 PM
Post #40

I can only imagine how many "well-endowed" characters we'll see when we first go online. I can see it now... "OMFG that (insert weak enemy here) got pwned by big titzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!111111111"

Hey, at least we won't be hearing "LABIZ PLZZZZ!"

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Apr 8 2005, 11:10 AM
Post #41

McDonald's!

Alittle bit of info:
SEGA officially announces new RPG for North America.

They also posted a few hi-res pics. One of which I really enjoy looking at:

user posted image

Wonder what will be shown at E3? rappy-walk.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Apr 8 2005, 12:30 PM
Post #42

This game's art style is very reminiscent of PSO. Speaking of said game, it has held a place in my heart that neither D2, UO, FFXI (especially this one), WoW, or CoH could possibly fill. I'm sure you all echo these sentiments.

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Dive
post Apr 8 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #43

Antarctica Traffic Control

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (DarkEpyon @ Apr 7 2005, 04:21 PM)
I can only imagine how many "well-endowed" characters we'll see when we first go online. I can see it now... "OMFG that (insert weak enemy here) got pwned by big titzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!111111111"

Linkka Knight. beigelaugh.gif

On a "lighter" note, I am trying to not get too anxious over this yet, it is still a few months in the future. The game looks absolutely amazing.

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Apr 9 2005, 08:21 PM
Post #44

Since I've played HUcast/HUnewearl/Warrior/Monk/other melee as main characters for so many years, I'm considering going the magic route this time for a change.

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Apr 30 2005, 11:44 AM
Post #45

New screens at the Magicbox to whet your appetites, folks.

Heheh, I beat Donkey to it.

Once February rolls around, sayonara social life.

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Apr 30 2005, 02:26 PM
Post #46

McDonald's!

QUOTE (DarkEpyon @ Apr 30 2005, 11:44 AM)
Heheh, I beat Donkey to it.

Why go to the magic box when you can see those pics (in higher resolution even) from the official PSU site? They release new screens every week or so (so far). Besides, most of them are already featured in the EGM article so I didn't bother posting them.
I'll let you go this time spinning.gif

user posted image

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post May 11 2005, 09:26 PM
Post #47

McDonald's!

OMFG!!!
IGN Phantasy Star Universe Hands On

New pictures and OMFG!! Gameplay footage!!!!! Check it out now!!!!!!!!111111

/skeet

--------------------

+Quote Post
tanshin
post May 11 2005, 09:53 PM
Post #48

Drunken Ninja Master Thug

Member No.: 80

my god that is awesome.

--------------------

dueling, remade for modern audiences

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post May 11 2005, 10:20 PM
Post #49

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Holy. Shit. beigelaugh.gif

--------------------
<center>

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post May 12 2005, 04:24 AM
Post #50

System Id

Oh man! I CANT HANDLE IT! I CANT HANNNDLLLE ITTTT!!! WAHHHHH! beigebigeek.gif

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post May 12 2005, 04:25 AM
Post #51

February can't get here fast enough!

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Riel
post May 12 2005, 05:42 AM
Post #52

Guardian Armor

Looked great graphically and the character and animations looked good also but i thought the AI on some of the monsters was really messed up....still early though but i definetly love the bigger lands and area's.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post May 14 2005, 08:10 PM
Post #53

Mistress of Red Magic

Looks good, can't wait for footage from the online portion of the game

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post May 15 2005, 11:52 PM
Post #54

McDonald's!

New PSU trailer @ IGN
PSU Best Trailer
Not very long but it does show a few new things...
Like vehicles and some insane combo animations.
And that Sonic ring chime... I miss it.

EDIT: This video is also on SEGA's site here.

This post has been edited by DJ_Donkey: May 16 2005, 12:08 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post May 18 2005, 02:35 AM
Post #55

McDonald's!

Guys, guys, guys! Check out the new E3 trailer @ IGN!!!
PSU E3 Trailer

They show some indepth character customization... Change color of eyes and even change the width and height of it... and the standard PSO proportion grid!
They also show what appears to be online mode! I assume since they used the default "Sonic, Tails,.. etc." names.
They still only show 4 players max.
The new dragon they show is pretty awesome too!!
This one is hot!

Sorry for double posting but damn!
I'm gonna watch this game like a hawk

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post May 18 2005, 04:06 AM
Post #56

Mistress of Red Magic

Whoa... awesome...

+Quote Post
tanshin
post May 18 2005, 06:52 AM
Post #57

wow, that's a nice trailer. it gave me goosebumps.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post May 18 2005, 07:03 AM
Post #58

Those new videos are dead sexy. If there's extensive voice acting in the offline mode, I'll bet they'll need 2 DVD's or make it dual-layer.

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Bryn
post May 18 2005, 12:00 PM
Post #59

Nothing but the rain.

Member No.: 5

Wow....just wow. beigebigeek.gif

I really like that there is an offline game as well. And the character customization looks really sweet.

Is there any word yet on what the required specs are for the PC version? Ack...February is forever away.

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post May 18 2005, 01:31 PM
Post #60

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

God this is TORTURE. beigelaugh.gif

--------------------
<center>

+Quote Post
Alisha
post May 19 2005, 05:22 PM
Post #61

Monk Princess

everytime i try to watch it some lame jeep video comes up -.-

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post May 19 2005, 05:27 PM
Post #62

McDonald's!

That's just the ad that loads up. You have to wait for it to finish =\

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post May 19 2005, 07:22 PM
Post #63

System Id

It's gonna take me three days to create my character with all those options! >_<;

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post May 20 2005, 07:47 AM
Post #64

This blows the current PSO out of the water, that's for sure. I look forward to seeing what the droids will look like in character creation.

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post May 24 2005, 06:44 PM
Post #65

McDonald's!

A bit long overdue but I'll post it anyway.
Gamepro article I "aquired" @ PSOW beigelaugh.gif Not alot of info but it might catch your eye:
Gamepro PSU preview article

1UP.com interview:
Phantasy Star Universe: The director speaks on the next Phantasy Star.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the PSU official site has been revamped again.

This post has been edited by DJ_Donkey: May 24 2005, 08:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post May 24 2005, 07:21 PM
Post #66

System Id

Well I guess from that Gamepro article, 6 is the magic number for party members. Works for me!

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Jun 10 2005, 03:41 PM
Post #67

McDonald's!

The Official Site has been updated with some more goodies.
+new characters (some never before seen 13 yr old girl and that beast guy)
+new screens
+new information on areas (check out that space colony! so awesome)

The new images aren't really worth mentioning... except for this one.
user posted image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Jun 10 2005, 06:31 PM
Post #68

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Damn...wish the release date wasn't so far off I wanna play right now. cry2.gif

--------------------
<center>

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Jul 15 2005, 04:33 PM
Post #69

McDonald's!

I think its time to check out the PSU site again. They finally put up that HUcast looking dude in the character's section. And that other guy looks like he's holding some sort of gunblade.
There's also some stuff about organizations.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Jul 15 2005, 07:48 PM
Post #70

System Id

Wow, that be really awesome if HUcasts look like that.

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Jul 16 2005, 12:12 AM
Post #71

Oh man, those casts look awesome. Bah! Fuck the techs! Robo all the way!

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Dive
post Jul 16 2005, 01:01 AM
Post #72

Character Screens from the PSU Site.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Also added these to the avatar gallery.

user posted image

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jul 16 2005, 09:18 AM
Post #73

Damn, that's a pretty damn badass Cast there.

If he can shoot missles out of his privates area, then everything is GO!

+Quote Post
unitself
post Jul 16 2005, 11:05 AM
Post #74

green and square

hrm... I'm not so fond of the way the HUcast looks. I don't like my 'bots to have too much of a human form and that one really does. But these are just (i am guessing) the characters for the offline RPG game so maybe we will have many more options for 'casts appearance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Jul 16 2005, 01:41 PM
Post #75

I sure hope so, seeing as how 'bots sort of got the sort end of the stick when it came to character design.

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jul 16 2005, 09:11 PM
Post #76

Soul Hunter

============================user posted image============================
New images over at ign and a new article discussing the races of Phatasy Star Universe in further detail.

chetz page

They also give some back story on some of the main story characters.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Jul 16 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #77

McDonald's!

I wonder if you can make the Beastmen look like Blanka from Street Fighter.
That would totally own.
ARRrrooooooooooo.... *electric boogaloo*
"Seeing you in action is a joke."

*Tekker music plays* Nice find AC.
For the win!

--------------------

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jul 17 2005, 09:24 AM
Post #78

Karen Erra
Race: Newman
Affiliation: Guardians

Bio: She has a three-year experience in actual fighting as Guardian, and serves as Ethan's instructor. Due to the experience of her mother being killed by native creatures when she was a child, and to the handicap that she can use no "Technics" despite being "Newman", she has been cautioning herself more than necessary and living stubborn as she strains herself, trying to be strong

I wonder if these characters are totally playable in the storyline? I find it interesting that they made it so she can't use techniques. From this we can see that maybe Sonic Team is really going for a more story and character driven PSU. Gameplaywise a techless newman is kinda useless, but storyline wise it makes for something interesting, especially if she is fighting with you.

I can see the senario writer grinding away at the keyboard now:

"OMG, RESTA ME NOW!!!111!"

"Sorry, I can't..."

"DUDE, OMGWTFBBQ, STFU AND RESTA!!!11!!!"

*She tells her long sad story about how she was born without powers and her mother died at the claws of a beast*

"CAN YOU AT LEAST S/D THEN PLZ???"

Yes, I can already feel the deep and intense character driven storyline now....

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jul 17 2005, 01:41 PM
Post #79

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

Special abilities for Cast and Beast? I like the sound of that!

Story seems like it will be interesting and actually get me to play the offline mode. The character designs are pretty cool, too. Damn, February can't come fast enough. cry2.gif

What was with those shitty babel-fishy story character descriptions, though? Hire some editors IGN, you boobs.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Jul 18 2005, 03:42 PM
Post #80

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Yeah this game's gonna be crazy. It's cool to get new info on PSU, but damn it's hard wait. cry2.gif

--------------------
<center>

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jul 30 2005, 08:20 AM
Post #81

Soul Hunter

New update over at the PSU website pertaining techs.

Link to a scan from some JP magazine. Containing the same images. haxs

From the looks of some of the images it looks like you can perform a Haduken type of attack. I guess we are gonna start seeing some damn good Goku and Vegeta characters. beigelaugh.gif

Sucks that the site isn't in english. I really want to know about how fighting will be. There is alot of speculation over at PSOW at how the new combat system will be. This one seems to be the most plausible one.

QUOTE (Nash)
From the look of the latest trailer, all weapons in the game have a certain amount of photon points (PP). This is shown as a bar in the bottom-right of the screen, under the button lay-out. The button layout shows 2 named attacks, one normal and one heavy, same as PSO.

Standard attacks don't drain the bar, but heavy attacks do. So a heavy strike with a sword uses a small amount of it's PP. I think the techniques in these screenshots are the special attacks for these weapons, and would also use up PP when you do them. In the same way as PSO had guns with Zonde as their special, or fire wands, ice staff etc. In PSU I expect there will be more weapon-specific techniques, rare wands that cast one-off things.

This does mean that weapons will eventually 'run-out' of PP, and you would only be able to use standard attacks, but you might be able to get them recharged on the equivalent of Pioneer. Or there might be support-techniques that refills PP. It would fix one of the problems of PSO with it's overpowered weapons, and add another element to consider. With this system in PSU you could have a weapon with a very powerful special, but could only be used a limited number of times before it becomes useless and needs to be recharged.

I just hope techniques aren't *only* done using weapons now, as it would remove the customisation element of PSO. I hope a Force-type character can still choose from any technique, and cast them with nothing equipped, rather than be limited to the weapon they are holding. Dual-weilding would allow for some options, but it still wouldn't be as versatile as PSO.

*Edit Oh yeah and some newscreenshots as well screenshots as well as wallpaper added.

--------------------

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jul 30 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #82

Well, that haduken thing is probably some sort of tech based attack. I don't know too many Vegita Forces.

I wonder about this whole PP gauge and the rest of the combat system? Screen shots are just icying on the cake, but I need my meat and potatoes, followed by an angioplasty.

+Quote Post
Alisha
post Aug 5 2005, 07:51 AM
Post #83

Monk Princess

new trailer :o

click here

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Aug 5 2005, 08:38 AM
Post #84

System Id

That long/great sword fighting was hot! Reminds me of Nightmare/Sigfreid's technique from Soul Calibur.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Aug 5 2005, 03:43 PM
Post #85

Soul Hunter

Along with that new trailer the PSU site has also been updated with some new and tastey images.
user posted image
user posted image
I think I just soiled myself. skullcross.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Aug 5 2005, 07:46 PM
Post #86

McDonald's!

QUOTE (Kazicht @ Aug 5 2005, 08:38 AM)
That long/great sword fighting was hot! Reminds me of Nightmare/Sigfreid's technique from Soul Calibur.

Damn you ain't lyin'. That was satisfying.

QUOTE (AC9Breaker @ Aug 5 2005, 03:43 PM)
user posted image

Hrmmmm.. Gravity??

This post has been edited by DJ_Donkey: Aug 5 2005, 07:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henge
post Aug 6 2005, 06:27 AM
Post #87

OpSec

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (AC9breaker @ Aug 5 2005, 03:43 PM)
Along with that new trailer the PSU site has also been updated with some new and tastey images.
user posted image
user posted image
I think I just soiled myself. skullcross.gif

user posted image

its Looking pretty nice, what i'd like to see is some in depth explenations on the engine/gameplay/network capability.

+Quote Post
tanshin
post Aug 7 2005, 06:15 PM
Post #88

Anyone know a semi-accurate release time on this yet? Sorry if it was mentioned before, I went back and couldn't find anything.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Aug 7 2005, 06:42 PM
Post #89

Soul Hunter

I think it was something like February 2006 Not sure.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bryn
post Aug 7 2005, 07:16 PM
Post #90

Nothing but the rain.

Member No.: 5

I looks like December 30, 2005 for Japan & February 1, 2006 for US is the"official" release date.

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Aug 7 2005, 11:32 PM
Post #91

Supposedly it's gonna be a "PC first, PS2 second" deal like with FFXI.

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Dive
post Aug 7 2005, 11:55 PM
Post #92

Here are some burning questions I know a lot of us would like to have answered.

Will the Japanses version have an english language setting?
Will the Japanese servers be linked to the rest of the world?
Will the PC servers be connected to the PS2 servers?
How much breast customization is there exactly? beigelaugh.gif

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Aug 12 2005, 08:22 AM
Post #93

McDonald's!

Anyone seen that new character they have up (other than the newman)? People in PSOW says its a cast. Would be fairly interesting to see a character like that holding a big ass shotgun.
Character designs so far look a bit iffy but its starting to grow on me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Aug 12 2005, 08:31 AM
Post #94

Yeah, she's a cast and her name's Lou. She's a guardian like Ethan and Karen.

Looks like you can have casts that look more human in appearance.

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
unitself
post Aug 12 2005, 12:19 PM
Post #95

green and square

QUOTE (DarkEpyon @ Aug 12 2005, 08:31 AM)

And a big POO to that!
I happen to know that in the future, robots will become more boxy and less humanoid! Stupid Sega.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alisha
post Aug 15 2005, 01:59 PM
Post #96

Monk Princess

QUOTE (unitself @ Aug 12 2005, 12:19 PM)
QUOTE (DarkEpyon @ Aug 12 2005, 08:31 AM)

And a big POO to that!
I happen to know that in the future, robots will become more boxy and less humanoid! Stupid Sega.

actually Lou just looks like a racaseal to me and they always looked more human

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 15 2005, 07:43 PM
Post #97

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

Wasn't there some part of the PSO "mythology" that said that Casts were required to wear the outer shells so that they wouldn't be confused with humans? So one would reach the conclusion that under their armor and helmets the Casts look basically human, right? I remember something like that from the PSO Hunters guide book or some shit.

Maybe since PSU is in the future (right?) from PSO, Human-robot relations have progressed to the point where the humans aren't taken aback by the robots that look like them.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Aug 16 2005, 04:47 AM
Post #98

Mistress of Red Magic

In older phantasy star games, casts look mostly human, such as Wren, who at first I thought was a cyborg

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Aug 16 2005, 07:15 AM
Post #99

Been like 11 years, but I believe the PS3 instruction manual says something to the effect that Wren (or Shiren if you prefer) and Mieu were cyborgs.

--------------------

-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
unitself
post Aug 16 2005, 07:44 AM
Post #100

green and square

Well, regardless of what you guys think, here is actual proof of what I am saying.

<evidence>
user posted image

--------------------

+Quote Post

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 02:07 PM