Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Cellphone owner peeps.
Oddies da Nerfed
post Nov 8 2007, 08:35 AM
Post #1

Pray for Mojo.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 165

Seeing is how I can finally afford one and am in the market, figured I would ask for some infos. Basically likes dislikes of your network, phone, and so on. If anyone actually bought an iphone feel free to gimme lots of infos on it as well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Crushinator
post Nov 13 2007, 03:05 AM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Haha, thanks for the mad info, Scan. I had no idea of the intricate differences between the providers. I think i'll just stick with AT&T when i renew my contract this month.

now just what phone to get...?

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Nov 13 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #3

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

QUOTE(Crushinator @ Nov 13 2007, 03:05 AM) *
Haha, thanks for the mad info, Scan. I had no idea of the intricate differences between the providers. I think i'll just stick with AT&T when i renew my contract this month.

now just what phone to get...?

I recommend Sony and Nokia. You going to get the style with Sony and good quality. With Nokia you going to get awesome software, and one of the best quality devices out there. Baically, these two are known for not having too many problems with their devices. Motorola is probably the worse, but that is just in the US. The better Motorola phones are overseas.

If you looking to get a phone from AT&T to renew I would say the new Sony slider phone is awesome. It has been a year since they've had a slider phone. It is a walkman phone, so you have a music player and a FM radio. Cool feature is you can shake the phone if you want to skip to another track on music player. Also 2.0 MP camera. Cost is $49.99 with 2 year contract. The phone actually retails for $299.99 if you were to buy from Sony. Sony's have the best battery life out there! I using a the W810i right now, and if I have gone 2 weeks and a half without charging the phone. Granted I made very little calls, and did not use applications.

Another phone of interest is the Nokia N75. low-mid level phone to Nokia's N series. Exclusive to AT&T. What I like about it is has the look of a compact digital camera, and even functions as one with 2.0 MP and flash. I think it is the only phone from US carries you can buy with a flash. Also, it is a 3G phone so you going to get better coverage down the road, and faster download speeds if you want to get internet on the device. MP3 player with stereo speakers. Which is awesome for volume on speakerphone. Large display with an awesome resolution. Big buttons. Really nice phone. Price has really come down on it. It is $199 now with 2 year.

Samsung A707 is a decent phone. The only Samsung that got my attention. The software is nice, and the buttons are big aswell the screen. I was using this phone until it got stolen. I used to recomment this phone all the time. Especially to elderly because you can change the font size for dialing, and texting. My favorite feature was the alarm clock had features you normally only find on PDA's. You can customize as many alarms you like, set them to specific days, and how long you want to snooze when you hit the snooze button. Camera sucks on. And texting with T9 on is a pain sometimes. It does funky things when it tries to guess which word you are using. You can get it free online now with 2 year contract. They will charge $99 in store.

iPhone only if you do not have an iPod. Using internet on it over EDGE is slow. Especially since the damn thing loads the whole page. Only surf with Wifi.

Another option is to go month to month and just purchase a GSM phone over the internet or at a cell phone retailer. Lots of nice stuff out there. Especially the Sony K850, which I will be getting at some point.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Nov 16 2007, 10:31 AM
Post #4

Pray for Mojo.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 165

Thanks for all the info. Although still subject to change, me thinks im gonna splurge on an iphone. Use it obviously as a phone, and let it also replace my old first gen ipod, which still works great, but its just an old timer now. More than enough people I call run with ATT which will let me skimp and get a lower minute plan and abuse that unlimited mobile to mobile. I don't travel a hell of a lot, certainly not out of ATT areas more than a few camping trips each year. Even those we usually have someone with verizon who gets service so all is good if we do something overly stupid when drunk.
Again thanks for the great info, made this all a harder choice than I had wanted. =p

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Oddies da Nerfed   Cellphone owner peeps.   Nov 8 2007, 08:35 AM
Wiryu   I have nextel, and I hate every second of it. Go v...   Nov 8 2007, 08:48 AM
Knightsword   I have verizon and its good coverage, and has dece...   Nov 8 2007, 09:54 AM
AC9breaker   I use T-Mobile. It has pretty shitty service and ...   Nov 8 2007, 10:37 AM
donkeybeatz   I use sprintnextel down here. It's great around he...   Nov 8 2007, 11:40 AM
DarkEpyon   I'm on Sprint myself, and have never really had an...   Nov 8 2007, 12:54 PM
Vitamin D   Same here DE, Sprint's been good but I get no serv...   Nov 8 2007, 03:56 PM
tanshin   I wouldn't recommend Sprint or Verizon for the sim...   Nov 8 2007, 04:33 PM
Scan_Man   QUOTE(tanshin @ Nov 8 2007, 04:33 PM) I w...   Nov 12 2007, 07:03 PM
Knightsword   In case of sim cards, it depends on the phone and ...   Nov 8 2007, 04:58 PM
Oddies da Nerfed   Cheers for the info, I shall figure something out.   Nov 10 2007, 05:40 AM
Knightsword   Somethings about verizon, they have many Motorola ...   Nov 12 2007, 07:54 PM
Scan_Man   QUOTE(Knightsword @ Nov 12 2007, 07:54 PM...   Nov 13 2007, 01:22 PM
Crushinator   Haha, thanks for the mad info, Scan. I had no ide...   Nov 13 2007, 03:05 AM
Scan_Man   QUOTE(Crushinator @ Nov 13 2007, 03:05 AM...   Nov 13 2007, 02:39 PM
Oddies da Nerfed   Thanks for all the info. Although still subject t...   Nov 16 2007, 10:31 AM
Knightsword   Oh and for the love of the maker, make sure to get...   Nov 16 2007, 10:41 AM
Oddies da Nerfed   QUOTE(Knightsword @ Nov 16 2007, 11:41 AM...   Nov 16 2007, 11:33 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:46 AM