Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pet Peeves, >_<
Vega
post Apr 14 2004, 06:39 PM
Post #16

Frame

Group: Associates
Member No.: 145

"Of course there's more! I can't stand people who make up words to sound more intelligent, or use big words incorrectly. Chances are, if some hears you say "the paradox in my life is very antidisestablishmentarianism, which is very enlightening and furthermore surreptitious, proverbially" you'll make yourself sound like a bigger idiot than before you opened your mouth. That is, of course, unless the person you're talking to has the cumulative IQ of a pineapple. "

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The JadeDragon
post Apr 14 2004, 06:45 PM
Post #17

The Dragon

Group: Associates
Member No.: 81

People who chew with their mouth open...

+Quote Post
Astrid
post Apr 14 2004, 06:46 PM
Post #18

Hyper Frame

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 67

QUOTE (Vega @ Apr 14 2004, 06:39 PM)

user posted image

Hahaha! "Don't misunderestimate us!" beigebigrazz.gif

--------------------
"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?" -- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan

+Quote Post
Mute
post Apr 14 2004, 07:46 PM
Post #19

Sunbro

Member No.: 25

Way to get some that pent up nasty stuff out and off your chest. :D

People who automatically assume they're right.

Common people, open your mind.

Couldn't agree with you more, Camulus. I've always been about having an open mind. Though of course, I'm sure I've had my moments of hypocrisy. But for the most part, I'd like to think I'm as open minded a person as anyone can find. :D

As for pet peeves... many of you covered several things that are similar to things that bother me as well (lmfao at Zio's microwave peeve beigebiggrin.gif). Chimaera expresses alot of ideals that bother me about men and women and how they typically turn out to be in society. So I won't go there. beigebigrazz.gif

However, if there's one thing I can't stand, it's @#$%ing elitists (and boy has the FFXI experience brought this back to me beigebigrazz.gif). You know, the peeps that like to instill in them a feeling of superiority because they tried some cool Internet gimmick or discovered some online web comic before anyone else... and of course when others start viewing the stuff they're like omfg that's so yesterday. They need to let that holier than thou shit go.

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Apr 19 2004, 09:07 AM
Post #20

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

Oh yeah... can't stand the excessive netspeak. Is proper English really that much of a forgotten art?

However, if there's one thing I can't stand, it's @#$%ing elitists (and boy has the FFXI experience brought this back to me ). You know, the peeps that like to instill in them a feeling of superiority because they tried some cool Internet gimmick or discovered some online web comic before anyone else... and of course when others start viewing the stuff they're like omfg that's so yesterday. They need to let that holier than thou shit go.

Amen to that!

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Kari
post Apr 19 2004, 12:52 PM
Post #21

c σ м р ℓ є т є !

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 106

Of course there's more! I can't stand people who make up words to sound more intelligent, or use big words incorrectly. Chances are, if some hears you say "the paradox in my life is very antidisestablishmentarianism, which is very enlightening and furthermore surreptitious, proverbially" you'll make yourself sound like a bigger idiot than before you opened your mouth. That is, of course, unless the person you're talking to has the cumulative IQ of a pineapple

Amen to that.

I suppose I should list my peeves, but I almost feel as if I'm the epitome of the peeves listed here =| I'm guitly of several of the counts, but I suppose..

I hate high school kids. I hate them as a collective group. I just wish they weren't born so incredibly impressionable. I have yet to meet a high school kid in real life that doesn't have some inferriority issues, or has this mad desire to fit in. It wouldn't be such a peeve if they could fit in without it being at my expense. beigeroll.gif

I hate it when people wear clothing that's obviously too small for them..

I hate people who defend illiterate people. I'm sure all people deserve a certain amount of courtesy, but to the point of defending the depressed emo kid who's vocabulary consists of 'depression', 'attention', and 'apathy'?

Oh, and I love stereotypes beigelaugh.gif They make me giggle and shine.

-Ferra

--------------------
IPB Image
ℓєt γσυя sнσят ℓєgs cαяяү үσυ αωαү ωίtн үσυr тєℓєscσрє єүєs, мєtαl тєєтн.
ί cαn'т bє sєєn ωiтh үσυ

Kari - Newman Force - level 36

+Quote Post
Henge
post Apr 19 2004, 02:59 PM
Post #22

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

complaining, nagging, and argueing.

+Quote Post
Astrid
post Apr 19 2004, 06:41 PM
Post #23

Hyper Frame

QUOTE (Woe @ Apr 19 2004, 02:59 PM)

Hahaha. Complaining as in stating pet peeves? :D

--------------------
"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?" -- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan

+Quote Post
Afroforce
post Apr 19 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #24

DAT ASS.

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 103

Well, I'ma be pretty general with this one.

Homophobes and racists (Funny, I get alot of em here.).

People that think they're better than everyone because they have "great" grades.

The overly religious.

Hypocrits.

PPL THT TYP LI3K THIS!!!111

Um, yeah, that's all. For now...wait I remembered one.

Women/Men who are biased against Women/men.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henge
post Apr 20 2004, 03:20 AM
Post #25

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Chimaera @ Apr 19 2004, 06:41 PM)
QUOTE (Woe @ Apr 19 2004, 02:59 PM)

Hahaha. Complaining as in stating pet peeves? :D

no, this thread is about complaining, so it doesn't count. ;p

+Quote Post
Astrid
post Apr 20 2004, 03:54 AM
Post #26

Hyper Frame

QUOTE (Afroforce @ Apr 19 2004, 10:19 PM)

Shut up U N00b, all Taru can ra1z, h4h4h4!!!11111!11 U R a STUPID NOOB!

(Remember those days? :D)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Afroforce
post Apr 20 2004, 07:01 AM
Post #27

DAT ASS.

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Chimaera @ Apr 20 2004, 02:54 AM)
QUOTE (Afroforce @ Apr 19 2004, 10:19 PM)

Shut up U N00b, all Taru can ra1z, h4h4h4!!!11111!11 U R a STUPID NOOB!

(Remember those days? :D)

*sighs* Yes, I rememeber those days. Now it's "OMG PL ME, PLZPLZPLZ 'LL PAY U!211"

--------------------

+Quote Post
unitself
post Apr 20 2004, 07:59 AM
Post #28

green and square

Member No.: 49

ok... i finally have one.
This may just prove me insane though.
I hate when people sneeze more than once. Like in a series of two or three or more at a time. Honestly.
I know, some times people have allergies or dust or a cold or something.
It just drives me nuts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Apr 20 2004, 10:46 AM
Post #29

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Heh thats not that bad scu. What alawys gets me is when people see me walking my dog and wanna pet him they ask, " Does he bite?" Or people who dont even think twice about petting my dog and rubbing him down and just do it. Im like WTF?

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Guest_Zio_*
post Apr 21 2004, 08:14 AM
Post #30

Guests

Aha I got another one. An example would be if you got a hair cut or something and people ask the obvious..."Did you get a haricut?" Me-"No I got glasses." (which I don't have.) It's not so bad if someone says "Hey that's a nice haircut" or something like that.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 07:34 PM