IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Mmmm loost tasty!
Vitamin D
post Mar 11 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #1

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

The hype... I CAN'T CONTROL IT!

Yes, I own a WiiU. Yes, I bought it mostly for Monster Hunter and Bayonetta. Yes, I'm FUCKING HYPE.

I'm super excited for the game and the demo is only making the wait harder. I just gotta know who's down. Monster Hunter has always been an AT staple, and I hope we jump into this one as well.

My Nintendo Network ID is Vitamin_D83, hit me up. In a week's time we'll hunt some monsters. Wifi desu hai.

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Kazicht
post Mar 11 2013, 01:20 PM
Post #2

System Id

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 45

My body is ready!
I'm definitely gonna be on. Network ID is: KAZICHT

Between this and SimCity, I'll have to struggle for time to play anything else.

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Mar 11 2013, 01:35 PM
Post #3

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

What is difference between this game and the Wii Monster Hunter TRI?

And if I buy this on the 3DS can i play with you guys? Is there like some tunneling software we have to use or some shit?

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Mar 11 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #4

This is my custom member title.

Member No.: 121

I'm at work so I don't have my username on hand, but i'll post it when I get home. With any luck, I can put in 200 hours before the end of march! :D

The differences between TRI and TRI Ultimate are vast. This isn't your standard + version of a game with a few new missions. It's more like if they made a full sequel, but chose to include most of the content from TRI. You will see a lot of the norm, new weapons, armor, and abilities, but you'll also see a significant increase in new monsters, quest types, and ways to turn a battle in your favor.

As of right now, I don't believe there is a way to play your 3DS with the WiiU crowd.

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Mar 11 2013, 05:38 PM
Post #5

System Id

QUOTE(Crushinator @ Mar 11 2013, 02:35 PM) *

And if I buy this on the 3DS can i play with you guys? Is there like some tunneling software we have to use or some shit?

Just be a man, and get a Wii U.

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Mar 12 2013, 07:18 PM
Post #6

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

So tempted to pick up a Wii U for this. But I dunno what else is on the horizon this year for Wii U. I know there will be games announced during E3. But maaaaan, maybe during a game drought.

Still need to play Tomb Raider and StarCraft Heart of the Swam and maybe God of War Ascension. And there is more SimCity to play. Maybe I will somehow get through all that this week and decide to pick this up next week. Ahhhhh that game backlog!

Definitely want to play this because I never got around to playing Tri.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Mar 17 2013, 10:55 AM
Post #7

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

QUOTE(Crushinator @ Mar 11 2013, 01:35 PM) *

From Capcom:

from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Anteka (small)
Bullfango (small)
Azure Rathalos (subspecies)
Silver Rathalos
Pink Rathian (subspecies)
Gold Rathian
Plesioth
Green Plesioth (subspecies)
Black Diablos
Nargacuga

from Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

Gargwa (small)
Slagtoth (small)
Wroggi (small)
Arzuros
Great Wroggi
Lagombi
Volvidon
Nibelsnarf
Duramboros
Zinogre
Crimson Qurupeco (subspecies)
Purple Ludroth (subspecies)
Jade Barroth (subspecies)
Baleful Gigginox (subspecies)
Sand Barioth (subspecies)
Steel Uragaan (subspecies)
Glacial Agnaktor (subspecies)
Green Nargacuga (subspecies)

new to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Brachydios
Rust Duramboros (subspecies)
Stygian Zinogre (subspecies)
Lucent Nargacuga (subspecies)
Ivory Lagiacrus (subspecies)
Abyssal Lagiacrus (subspecies)
Savage Deviljho (subspecies)
Hallowed Jhen Mohran (subspecies)
Goldbeard Ceadeus (subspecies)
... and a brand new final boss!

and

211 new quests (being 63 from the Village High-rank, 136 from the Port Tanzia G-rank and 12 Arena quests). New total is 339, not event counting the free DLC quests!!!

2042 new pieces of equipment broken down as follows:
- 59 Great Swords, 83 Long Swords, 71 Sword & Shields, 122 Dual Blades, 73 Hammers, 99 Hunting Horns, 78 Lances, 108 Gunlances, 76 Switch Axex, 91 Heavy Bowguns, 96 Light Bowguns, 115 Bows; Total number of weapons is now 1398!
- 1028 new Armor pieces; Total number of amor pieces is now 1663!
Now the total number of equipment is 3061! Can you believe it?

And there are also 3 new areas: The Tower, Misty Peaks and the Tainted Sea

Seriously, HYPE.

--------------------
<center>

+Quote Post
HC82
post Mar 17 2013, 11:07 AM
Post #8

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

If I owned a Wi U I would definitely pick this title up; although, this game alone isn't enough to make me want to go out and buy a Wi U. There's a big difference between a full blow NEW Monster Hunter, and what this game is. Lumping in palate swapped enemies with some new attacks and content from other Monster Hunter and MH3 renditions from different platforms in to this sort of HD Complete Master copy is more like a Super Monster Hunter 3 Turbo Championship Edition Alpha. Yeah it's got new quests, which is really rearranging existing content into new challenges and more weapons. Would I pick it up if I had a Wi U? For sure because it does have some new content and MH is a boss game! But definitely not enough as a system seller.

It's kinda like what PSO ver 2 was to PSO Ep 1&2. Except I would buy a new system for that because I am a PSO fanboy, HA!

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Mar 17 2013, 11:35 AM
Post #9

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

QUOTE(HC82 @ Mar 17 2013, 11:07 AM) *
If I owned a Wi U I would definitely pick this title up; although, this game alone isn't enough to make me want to go out and buy a Wi U. There's a big difference between a full blow NEW Monster Hunter, and what this game is. Lumping in palate swapped enemies with some new attacks and content from other Monster Hunter and MH3 renditions from different platforms in to this sort of HD Complete Master copy is more like a Super Monster Hunter 3 Turbo Championship Edition Alpha. Yeah it's got new quests, which is really rearranging existing content into new challenges and more weapons. Would I pick it up if I had a Wi U? For sure because it does have some new content and MH is a boss game! But definitely not enough as a system seller.

It's kinda like what PSO ver 2 was to PSO Ep 1&2. Except I would buy a new system for that because I am a PSO fanboy, HA!

I think that's the main difference, MH is most definitely a system seller for me. I actually would have bought the Monster Hunter Wii U bundle, but it's Europe exclusive. cry2.gif Also, I think they'd actually sell more copes if the actual title was "Super Monster Hunter 3 Turbo Championship Edition Alpha." That sounds effing amazing.

--------------------
<center>

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Mar 17 2013, 12:12 PM
Post #10

System Id

QUOTE(HC82 @ Mar 17 2013, 11:07 AM) *

Looks like your just not a big enough Monster Hunter fan. For shame. MH is pretty much the new PSO anyway, with less weeaboo.

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Mar 18 2013, 01:45 PM
Post #11

Mistress of Red Magic

Member No.: 53

QUOTE(Crushinator @ Mar 11 2013, 01:35 PM) *

No online for the 3DS version

Here's a review of it.

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Mar 18 2013, 10:58 PM
Post #12

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I understand that these games are mega popular with the PSP set in Japan, because of cultural differences in how they play socially...

But what in the FUCK has kept Capcom from releasing this on a "real" system? I mean come on the fucking Wii? And now Wii U? At least put it on PS3 for christ sake. Way to keep a niche game even "nicher".

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Mar 19 2013, 12:31 PM
Post #13

System Id

QUOTE(Crushinator @ Mar 18 2013, 10:58 PM) *
I understand that these games are mega popular with the PSP set in Japan, because of cultural differences in how they play socially...

But what in the FUCK has kept Capcom from releasing this on a "real" system? I mean come on the fucking Wii? And now Wii U? At least put it on PS3 for christ sake. Way to keep a niche game even "nicher".

It's Capcom's way of keeping casual bro gamers in check. How far will you go?
Any real gamer would have all the systems regardless!

Monster Hunter, single-handedly keeping Nintendo relevant.

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Mar 19 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #14

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

I played the first one like 9 years ago and couldn't get past the first dragon offline. Pretty much never touched it again outside of online a few times. I know the Japanese love them some "MON-HAN" though.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Mar 19 2013, 05:45 PM
Post #15

Mistress of Red Magic

Member No.: 53

Oh speaking of the 3DS, the XL is getting a $40 price cut next week at Target, along with that pikachu one coming out. May finally pick one up, since the 3ds version of this seems like a bust any recommendations?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:49 AM