Reply to this topicStart new topic
The personal side of AT
Astrid
post Feb 10 2004, 10:29 AM
Post #1

Hyper Frame

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 67

Sitting here in the school library between classes, ultimately bored and exhausted, I've come up with an idea some of you may either immediately disregard as a waste of time or find some interest in. What is it that we do? How many of us are high school students? College students? Which major? How many of us have completed that tedious part of our lives and achieved a career?

I'm a college student, who after months of trial-and-error has finally settled on Philosophy as an appropriate major. I entered school as a psych major, then chem, then physics, then math, then philosophy and physics, and now just philosophy beigebigrazz.gif I finally realized that I wasted entirely too much time trying to pick one and just decided to go for the shortest and most enjoyable. Nothin' better than arguing with a classful of people about the validity of the substance of an inanimate object :D Anyway, I plan to eventually become a professor and mess with my own students' minds. I'll throw enough Nietzsche, Plato and Descartes their way to make them question society and reality all the way to the looney bin. I love my major :D How about you guys?

Also, hobbies. Other than gaming, do you guys like anything? I used to take martial arts for a very brief period of time, but temporarily injured my knee, so I'll switch to archery until it heals. I'd call myself an avid comicbook fan, but after recieving more disappointing news in the direction of the X-Titles, I plan to quit them cold turkey (I've said this at least a million times in the past).

Any writers out there? If so, please participate in the FFXI role playing game on http://www.geneticrevolution-home.com (Heh! Shameless plug beigebigrazz.gif)

Anyway, this happens to be the aftermath of my sleepless, in-between-class, Tuesday boredom. beigebigrazz.gif

--------------------
"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?" -- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HC82
post Feb 10 2004, 12:35 PM
Post #2

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

Hey, you all know what I'm not about. I like cheeseburgers, french fires and long walks on the beach. During my spare time I enjoy doing cartwheels off 80 foot buildings. I think it's cool for everyone to get to know each other a little bit more.

beigesleep.gif
j/k
Actually, I'm a business major with a focus on management. I think my interests speak for themselves *coughgamingcough*. But I'm less of a gamer at times and more interested in the developement aspect. Other hobbies? Well, I like to do a lot of things, but listing them all would seem so generic.

Anything else about "me" can't be described unless you know me personally. But i'll try. I'm fairly capable at understanding people and the reason they do/act in certain ways. That isn't something you can easily see or find out about me unless you know me personally "face to face." But on the same end, even though I might know what a person is feeling and symphathise, I'm going to be very blunt about something if it is a serious matter. There is a CLEAR DIFFERENCE between being rude and being blunt, and I'm not a disrespectful person. If someone is an adult, I expect people to be able to swallow their pride and take it as is. The way I see it, you can't think without feeling and you can't feel without thinking. Get too logical and things become sterile and uncaring. Get too emotional and a person stresses over nothing without thinking about the greater good.

I'm just stating all that cause it's a part of who I'm and also relates the neccessary skills utilized in my field.

+Quote Post
Astrid
post Feb 10 2004, 04:58 PM
Post #3

Hyper Frame

Member No.: 67

HC, your post is USELESS! I already knew what you did! *SMACK* Just kidding :D *passes out* Damn lack of sleep -_-

--------------------
"So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as 'the soul.' So I hit him. What would you do?" -- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan

+Quote Post
HC82
post Feb 10 2004, 06:45 PM
Post #4

Have we been bitten by the "shyness bug?"
> Everybody

+Quote Post
drunken_chibi
post Feb 11 2004, 05:38 PM
Post #5

San d'Orian Evil

Group: Associates
Member No.: 69

eh?

+Quote Post
HC82
post Feb 11 2004, 08:13 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (drunken_chibi @ Feb 11 2004, 05:38 PM)
eh?

The whole idea of the topic is so that the forum member can talk a little bit about themselves to one another.

+Quote Post
drunken_chibi
post Feb 11 2004, 08:33 PM
Post #7

San d'Orian Evil

i gathered that. just an "eh" in general. besides, i'm not interesting enough to merit rambling about myself for any great lenght of time. beigelaugh.gif

+Quote Post
Layrinn
post Feb 13 2004, 01:00 AM
Post #8

Grand Armor

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (drunken_chibi @ Feb 11 2004, 07:33 PM)
i gathered that. just an "eh" in general. besides, i'm not interesting enough to merit rambling about myself for any great lenght of time.  beigelaugh.gif

Then just make it a short post, chibi. ;p

Myself? I'm a college student... still. I graduated from Virginia Tech with a degree in electrical engineering about a year ago. Since the job market sucked ass (and still does, really) I decided to go on to grad school. I also decided I'd had enough of the east coast, having lived there over a quarter of a century, so I moved out to Colorado... only to find out that one college town is about the same as any other. Oh well... I made some new friends, and kept all my old ones, so it's all good I s'pose. Anyways, I'm out here studying robotics to earn my Master's degree in EE. I should finish that up in a year or so. After that, who knows. \o.o/ I support myself with a TA position, (I'm teaching the electronics lab for the second semester in a row) which is where the whole Professor 'Rinn thing came from. ;p

Hmm... other hobbies besides playing video games? Uuhhmmmm..... >.>;;;;

*has to think for a minute* ;p

Well, I'm into fast cars (surprise) and doing stuff to fast cars to make them even faster. (again, surprise >.>) I know my way around an engine bay pretty well, and I've worked on some pretty serious projects in the past. There aren't any projects currently in the works... cars can be a pretty expensive hobby, and that TA job doesn't pay that well. I can barely afford what I drive now, never mind trying to modify it. ^^; Besides, it's pretty damn fast already. ^.~

Every so often, my artistic side rears it's head. I've done a little digital illustration and a little roleplay/fiction writing. If you dig around the forums, you can find some of both. Unfortunately, my inspiration for both seems to have left me around the end of last fall. =/

And, of course.. there's gaming. Currently on my plate are: FFXI, FF Crystal Chronicals, R-Type Final, and Metroid Zero-Mission. (which I just beat tonight ^^)

Ok, so enough about me.... who's next?

+Quote Post
drunken_chibi
post Feb 13 2004, 05:53 AM
Post #9

San d'Orian Evil

ok ok ...

i'm an on-again, off-again writer/"artist"/idea man/cartoonist/hatemonger/satirist ... oh and a drunk. i'm heavily tattooed, enjoy motorcycles, barroom brawls, hockey, living the white trash lifestyle, bad tv, drinking, anime, horror movies, celtic art, any channel on the discovery network (discovery, history, tlc, bbc), history, videogames and long walks on the beach at night... hahaha. there have been 4 attempts on my life at various stages of it, honest injun. somehow i managed to find a woman who doesn't mind these things, though. amazing. i spend entirely too much time on videogames and comic books.. money too. uhh.. this is fucking retarded.. ok ok i'll continue.. i live in boston.. well not in the city anymore, the suburbs.. i got tired of living in the slums, so i moved to the south shore.. which is now becoming a slum.. fucking lovely. i don't play well with others, especially if i'm drinking. but i've been fight free for about a year now. woohoo.. boring, but the gf is happier. i work for one of boston's larger universities doing monkey work for the IT department. it's a living, but not very satisfying. at the end of the work day i come home, get drunk, and play videogames until i pass out from booze or exhaustion. i hate just about everybody. don't it personal... actually do. haha. what few friends i have find it odd that someone with such misanthropic tendencies not only chooses to interract with people in videogames and to a lesser extent online, but that i seem to enjoy it. it's some kind of dissociation thing most likely... i'm sure the shrinks would say it's healthy for me. hahaha. at the AT BBQ, i'd be the guy sitting on the cooler, by the keg, alone, enjoying my beer and exchanging jokes, odd stories, and quips with people who went to get a refill.. then i'd drive home drunk entirely too fast on my bike, and hope i didn't crash or get pulled over, pass out and wonder why there's blood on my pillow. mine? someone elses? who knows? the joy of it all. hahaha. all right enough fun... anyway for all my faults, i'm a reasonable enough fellow, and i do have fun with all of you retards, go figure... beigelaugh.gif

+Quote Post
Afroforce
post Feb 13 2004, 07:50 AM
Post #10

DAT ASS.

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 103

Um, yeah not much to say about me...

I'm a high school student (as well as a military brat....*waves "I hate life" flag*.) Um, I've ADHD so I'm pretty hyper all the time; I play video games and read manga. I watch the occasional anime but I'm moreof a reader *shrug* I also do school sports and I play alto saxophone in our schools band. Um, when I graduate, I'm going to college and thinking of going into the business field.

I do a little photography to pass time by, since there's not much to DO in the damned state of New Mexico (Yay, dirt!) and like looking at stuff about cars (Must...get Gran turismo...4....*twitch*).

Er, yeah can't think of much moreeee...But I DO need to find a more recent pic to whore myself with.

--------------------

+Quote Post
drunken_chibi
post Feb 13 2004, 02:29 PM
Post #11

San d'Orian Evil

haha... nm.. i used to live in that horrid place for a few years.. awful awful..

+Quote Post
Dorian
post Feb 13 2004, 04:17 PM
Post #12

Local 804

Member No.: 66

Ok... Ok... My turn. How to start... Him, name seems like a good place. I'm Nick, Astrids better half. I'm a computer geek by trade, to ba dI don't get paid for it, I build em, program useless programs from the and so on, heh. I'm a pacifist, bisexual, all around nice guy. Which is sort of oppisit of Astrid, she's a pacifist who will kick anyones ass who messes with me. I aint afraid to let my woman do my dirty work! I'm a huge fan of unconventional thinking (philosophy), art, and literature. As most of you know, my fave. book is The Picture Of Dorian Gray. Nothing better than a book about a bunch of man in love with eachother, HAH! I'm a college drop out due to agoraphobia. Which is developed from years of getting the shit kick out of me, heh. I like to drink (salutes Zerika) but I become sort of cynical when I'm drunk. For example: sober Nick, "oh you need a raise? No problem." Drunk nick, "You need a raise? 9,999,999 gil!"

All in all I enjoy my new family at-emote1.gif buttrock.gif and think we should all get together in RL one day and get shitfaced and murder people.

See ya in the game world! war.gif

+Quote Post
Henge
post Feb 13 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #13

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

i guess i'll share too. shades.gif

well i am 23 years old, a California native. and a piscies witch means i am mucho artistic. beigebigrazz.gif I have put my schooling on hold for the last 5 years or so to take care of my Grandmother, who recently passed (rest her soul) hence all my free time to spend with you awesome people. buttrock.gif i plan a carreer in computer animation/game design witch is looking like will lead me to florida for a 14 month bachelor of science heh... >.> umm... i enjoy all kinds of music from 80's rock to regae and hip-hop. i love action/fantasy/horror movies and basicly anything that makes you use your imagination. oh and I am the founder of the Apocalypse Tribe! buttrock.gif i've watched it grow and mutate since its infancy 3-4 years ago. *gasp* im so proud of joo guys!

+Quote Post
ArekuReiesu
post Feb 13 2004, 05:23 PM
Post #14

The Voice of Reason

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 104

Hmm I'm usually shy about this but here it goes...

I'm a 17 year old guy of Filipino decent that lives in California under Ahnold the Governator. My name is Alexander but everyone seems to call me Alex hehe so that nickname stuck. I'm currently a high school senior and hope to attend college later this year at either CSU Stanislaus, CSU Sacramento, San Jose State or our community college,(I got accepted to all 3, but I'm trying to decided still >.<) San Joaquin Delta College. I plan to major in nursing then go back to school a bit later in life and become a Pharmacist. My hobbies are reading (seldomly >.<), playing video games and playing tennis, basketball and football. I'm a really passive and introverted person, but overall I'm a really nice guy =D (Sometimes TOO nice).

--------------------
"Life is all about mistakes, we just have to limit them."

SSBB FC: 3523-2010-3190 (Note I'm in the Philippines so expect laaaag)

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Feb 14 2004, 12:16 AM
Post #15

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Im Michael. In my veins flows the blood of the ancient mayans. Im 18 years old and a junior in High school. Thats right folks im here for the 5 year plan. Thats because i dick around in school alot and Im told to be a very bright person who doesnt apply himself, prolly becasue I dont know what i wanna do in life. I do know that I wanna change the world, for the better that is. My utimate goal is to be remembered. Im all for non conformity and free thinking. My pastimes are drawing, working out, anime, games, and paintball guns. When im not cutting school and hanging out with my friends shooting at the local crackheads with our paintball guns im trying to better my art skills. But ever since i stood back I have reformed big time and spend more time doing homework and writing essays. I have even cut down on my gaming time. I must say that school has really reformed or made me conform to society....>.<
On weekends I work at a local pizzeria where I take alot of shit from my boss and customers all day but alawys end up keeping a cool head. I live in NJ like a half hour away from NYC. Its a really urban area with an increase of wanksters swearing they are bloodz and crips running around stabbing people. It has really gotten out of hand round here. Anyway thats some of me. boo.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:06 AM