Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

AT Crafting Skills, Pooling our resources together
HC82
post Sep 26 2010, 09:31 PM
Post #1

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

After putting a bit of time into FFXIV, the first thing I noticed is that equipment is much too expensive to buy and that making a single piece of gear or an item requires many different tradeskill sets in combination. This wouldn't be an issue if there was an auction house, but currently there isn't. Even if there was an auction house, it might still be an issue due to the large variety of items floating around with unknown combinations.

Let's take this opportunity to share the skills we are leveling and what we are in need in. The easiest way to do this would be to post your profile from the official final fantasy lodestone website. It shows your character profile, along with all your skill levels. The link is always active and shows exactly we're your skill levels are at in game. As a team, we can assist each other in crafting the items we need to progress as a group. If I have armorer level 11 as an example and you need a mat made, for a level 11 leatherworker item, this is the place to figure out who knows what.

Find your character here to get their stat sheet:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/search/characterForm

Dyne Cristin's Stat Sheet:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/ch...?cicuid=2323318

Right now I'm most proficient in Leather Working and Armorer. I intend to focus on Armorer the most, but leatherworking will be a compliment. I'm looking to make some of the leather gear, but I'm noticing it requires some alchemy and weaving, in addition to armorer. I'll post the items ill be needing later on, since most people haven't broke level 10 in their desired tradeskills.

Let's post our characters so we can get a glimpse of our skillsheets. Hopefully the link is an active link and always updates itself. If not, then we'll just have to periodically edit the link.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
HC82
post Oct 1 2010, 04:21 AM
Post #2

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

I haven't noticed anyone doing cooking (culinary), alchemy, and not so much focus of weaving. Weaving is actually pretty good because I've noticed that the armor sets for leather working and weaving can give alternative stat boosts in some production based skills. Where as the heavy armor is purely suited for combat based stats. Ergo, everyone will want some pieces of weaving and leather armor to boost their success rate and gather rate for tradeskills. I can imagine cooking is needed for pimpy stat boosts (with fishing to compliment it) and alchemy allows for potions, which I simply haven't seen in many stores.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
HC82   AT Crafting Skills   Sep 26 2010, 09:31 PM
Knightsword   Here's Linka's http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.co...   Sep 27 2010, 09:37 AM
Maxx   Also, if you want to make it a signature you can g...   Sep 27 2010, 11:00 AM
Kazicht   Majoring in leatherworking, woodworking, and minor...   Sep 30 2010, 01:23 PM
tanshin   I'd planned on letting all of you guys take care o...   Sep 30 2010, 06:22 PM
Crushinator   What crafts are there "holes" in in the LS? I'll ...   Sep 30 2010, 07:15 PM
Oddies da Nerfed   Same as crush, I'll fill in gaps. Can probably go ...   Oct 1 2010, 01:23 AM
HC82   I haven't noticed anyone doing cooking (culinary),...   Oct 1 2010, 04:21 AM
Oddies da Nerfed   I'll go ahead and stake a claim on cooking (fishin...   Oct 1 2010, 05:09 AM
Crushinator   Sounds like i'll do weaving and alchemy (SCIENCE!)...   Oct 1 2010, 10:40 AM
Maxx   QUOTE(Crushinator @ Oct 1 2010, 10:40 AM)...   Oct 1 2010, 11:43 AM
Kazicht   So I've been working on a kind of form we can all ...   Oct 1 2010, 11:22 AM
Knightsword   What did he do the one I made him on moday, thats ...   Oct 1 2010, 11:42 AM
Knightsword   We still need someone to pick up armorer and we sh...   Oct 1 2010, 11:49 AM
Kazicht   QUOTE(Knightsword @ Oct 1 2010, 11:49 AM)...   Oct 1 2010, 11:57 AM
Knightsword   Aye, I ended up just sticking to leather for the t...   Oct 1 2010, 12:15 PM
Crushinator   There better be a subligar waiting for me when I l...   Oct 1 2010, 02:13 PM
Knightsword   Standard issue gray harness and subligar is waitin...   Oct 1 2010, 07:02 PM
AC9breaker   Right now I'm doing Mining to compliment the craft...   Oct 5 2010, 02:27 PM
Crushinator   Can someone hook me up with a fucking sword? I've...   Oct 8 2010, 09:44 AM
Crushinator   I dunno about you guys, but the whole crafting sys...   Oct 18 2010, 11:40 AM
HC82   I've got some spare crafting gear Crush, since I j...   Oct 19 2010, 06:05 PM

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 09:59 PM