Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dark Souls, Demon's Souls successor
AC9breaker
post Dec 22 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #16

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Ah dang. Didn't know. I'm back home now so I do have internet again. Still though, wouldn't me being invaded and people dumping trash items to make extra bad doods still make it just as hard if not harder? I heard that there was something people could do to make your playthrough even harder by dropping some kind of stone or sign or something.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Dec 22 2011, 05:59 PM
Post #17

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

Yeah for the dropping item thing, but I could never get that to work right. I think I only ran in one item mob the whole time, and I've playthrough the game several times now. Staying human people can invade you in the areas you have not defeated a boss. If you want people to invade you constantly, my tip would be stay human and join one of the PVP oriented Covenants. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Covenants

Main thing that was nerfed was enemy HP and their damage. Also Master Key is useless as a perk since you can buy it now. Not that you need the Master Key honestly. The only reason you would want it is if you want to skip most of Blightown, but you miss some good items if you do that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Dec 26 2011, 09:41 PM
Post #18

Soul Hunter

So I've been playing the game a bit more "cereal" this time around. I must have fought like 6 bosses already? Pretty nice amount I think considering how much time I've put into the game. Beat that first minotaur dood on the bridge without much problem, of course I summoned random doob and he helped out big time. I didn't realize there was a ledge that I could have gone up on and done the jumping attack on him till after I beat him. Anyway proceeded onward ran into the dragon on the bridge, and went around to the bottom and avoided him for the moment. Housed that black knight at the top of the stare case in the beginning of Undead Parish and got his Greatsword. Summoned an NPC dood to help me fight these two gargoyle guys on the roof and owned them. Got a nice looking helmet too. Now I decided to go back and kill the dragon on the bridge, Demon's Souls style by stocking up on arrows and hitting him in the face. Got a pretty cool one handed sword which has made the game WAY easier. Killed him and got this pretty cool greatsword. the Claymore lying on the bridge.

Went into the forest and killed a huge butterfly. Then I did some more exploring and killed some blackknight guarding a bonfire area that lead to the dragon valley and got his spear. Exploring the dragon area I ran into what appeared to be dead looking dragon with some items near him. Now if demons soul has taught me anything it's that the dragon is anything but dead. So I chanced it and picked up the two items. Got some magical sword and a cool shield and died in the process.

So I decided to go back and explore the forest some more, see some crazy looking regi-ice looking doods and kill then get sniped by some crazy lochness monster hydra thing in the swamp. Respawn and decided to explore the tower near the regiice looking doods and continue to get one hit killed by the dood guarding the tower like a billion times untill I finally realized how easy he was to backstab. Got his ring which is super sweet on my tanky knight character. Explore lower regions of undead berg, save some magician and beat the Capra demon on my first try. Oh yeah I forgot to mention I was exploring the graveyard area behind firelink shrine. Everything was going good until I head into the lower catacombs area with the floating skulls and the skeletons I killed started coming back to life. (fuck this shit) ran the fuck out of there.

So now I don' know where to go.
Those catacombs are scary as shit and godamn skeletons are tough and keep coming back to life.
Londo ruins is scary as shit and has ghosts.
Dragon valley has a huge ass undead zombie dragon blocking my way forward(area is pretty hard too but not as scary as the other two)

I was thinking of just stocking up on arrows and killing the dragon like I did the other one. I dunno. Having a blast though.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Dec 28 2011, 01:11 PM
Post #19

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

You need to go into the Sewers and head to Blighttown to ring the 2nd bell. Then "The Real Dark Souls Begins". Go to the area before the bridge with the red dragon you shot to get the Drake sword (where the Sun Knight was), you can go to the left and descent down to an area that should take you to the sewers.

Keep pushing down through the sewers and you'll get to a big open area/underground ruins where you'll fight a big ass dragon (not too hard just keep away from his charges and stab him in the ass, bring an NPC and some player helpers), then you'll get the key to open a gate to blight town.

Descend to the bottom of blight town and cross the swamp and you'll find a cave filled with spider webs, kill the boss there and you'll be able to ring the 2nd bell. Then it will be time to move on to new areas. New Londo and the Valley of the drakes are probably too hard to explore at this point for you.

Since you got that magic sword from the undead dragon, you can use that to fight the skeletons, since its divine enchanted when you kill a skeleton with it, they'll die permanently. Use a jumping attack (up+R2) with the sword and it will cause them to CRUMBLE so they can't get an attack in, just keep jump attacking them and they'll be crumble-locked. Its a pain in the ass, but if you go to the bottom of the Catacombs and beat the boss, you'll get an item that lets you kindle bonfires 2 times, so you can carry 15 estus flasks.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jan 3 2012, 01:44 AM
Post #20

Soul Hunter

So in the continuing Bizzle adventures in the world of Dark Soul's. I have been dying a lot. First off, I finally got around to beating the Capra Demon(Did it on my first try, don't see what all the fuss about him was about) and made my way into the sewers. Got raped by two people who invaded my game, and beat the Giant sewer rat in the most unbelievable easy fight ever. Found a shortcut to him, got a shield and sniped him with arrows. Was doing some exploring and fell down some hole with some crazy looking frog doods who proceed to curse and kill me. Bought the uncurse stone from the lady in the shortcut to the swamp(who I later realized overcharged my ass) and decided to do some more exploring. Killed the Hydra in the lake,(like a boss) and was surprised at how easy he was then went up the water fall and sniped some crazy looking werewolf cats and a bunch of annoying ass NPCs and got the Stone Golem armor set. I saw some fat cat sitting on a window who at the time I didn't know was an NPC and thought it was a statue. So I went next to it to read a message that was written under it and was scared shitless when it started talking.

I didn't understand what the fuck he was saying at the time and said no and now it seems like I can never join the forest covenant. So I shot an arrow at it, and he disappeared in my rage I picked a fight with a giant mushroom who I made a lot of effort to avoid before and was surprised when he one shotted me while I was blocking with full stamina.

went back to the valley of the drakes and killed the zombie dragon and proceeded to make my way into blight town. I gave up about halfway down the ladders since I was low on health and out of Estus and decided to go back to the Firelink shrine. Went back to the undead asylum and got a ring to run around freely in water and was surprised when I fell down to the bottom level and the asshole first boss killed me with some over powered AoE attack. After a couple of retries I fin ally managed to overwhelm him then went back to firelink shrine and decided to fight the golem dood in water basin with the ring. When I killed him he transformed into a girl and I was pleasantly surprised. Feeling more emboldened I decided to venture into in catacombs with the sword I found by the zombie dragon and have been making some good progress. Made it to the 2nd bonfire and have died a shitload of times to the titanite demon down there. Made it all the way to the bottom of the valley and was flattened by the great axe wielding black knight. Right now, my goals is to join the Gravelord Covenant or the Covenant with the cool ass Skeletor armor as soon as possible. Stopped playing around there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jan 3 2012, 10:32 AM
Post #21

I can't believe you beat the capra demon on your first try. What soul level are you at? That guy raped me 5 ways from sunday, I was stuck there for a few days throwing myself at him :(

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jan 10 2012, 03:54 PM
Post #22

Soul Hunter

I was level 20 ish when I took him on. I'm now level 47 ish. Just recently beat the gaping dragon. I managed to hit Rank two in the Gravelord Covenant, now I'm trying to get into the Darkwraith Covenant. I killed the NPC in new londo ruins and and killed Great Wolf Sif and got his ring. Now I just gotta kill the 4 kings which shouldn't be too bad at my level.

It's annoying that everyone online seems to use some kind of Lightning based weapon, really pisses me off cause they kill me in like 4 hits, and my internet connection in the barracks is pretty crappy. =/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jan 11 2012, 05:32 PM
Post #23

Did you already beat Ornstein and Smough?

--------------------

+Quote Post
tanshin
post Jan 12 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #24

Drunken Ninja Master Thug

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 80

For my and my broken XBox's sake! http://petitionbureau.org/DarkSoulsForPC D:

--------------------

dueling, remade for modern audiences

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jan 14 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #25

Apparently this petition has actually gotten Namco's attention too. PC port is actually a possibility!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Jan 14 2012, 01:26 PM
Post #26

Grand Armor

*signed*

Would love to play this game at a constant 60 fps.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Apr 7 2012, 08:11 AM
Post #27

Grand Armor

Looks like PC version is on the way in August. It will feature new bosses.

http://gamingbolt.com/dark-souls-prepare-t...to-pc-in-august

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Apr 11 2012, 01:09 PM
Post #28

Grand Armor

PC trailer! OMG so stoked. New bosses! I played this game a ton this past weekend and I realized it's my favorite game of all time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Apr 17 2012, 07:11 AM
Post #29

New bosses look cool. Hopefully its on steam at a reasonable price.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Aug 23 2012, 04:57 PM
Post #30

Grand Armor

This is about to unlock on Steam. And man! I am excited all over again. Would never think I would be this pumped to play a game that I already played almost a year ago. I will have impression on new content soon!

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:29 AM