IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
HUcasts and Mechguns, as one who uses a pair...
unitself
post Oct 24 2003, 08:25 AM
Post #1

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

I have heard that alot of PSO'ers don't like this combo. I have always wondered "why"? Do people feel that the HUcast is simply too strong and takes all the exp. away from everyone? Everyone I have ever played with has always done much more damage with their than my mechs do. Not to mention the fact that I stand there for a good three seconds or longer after firing, often getting me smacked upside the head in the process.
I understand about the people with the Spread Needle. I totally get that one. Not only does it exp hog, but it also kills everything in 1/4 the time which in turn kill all the fun. But, I have never experienced that when using my mechs.
So, what's up? I am asking cause I don't want to (I guess) continue to cheese people off when I join a game with my mechs.
guns.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mute
post Oct 24 2003, 11:06 AM
Post #2

Sunbro

Member No.: 25

I don't wanna step on any toes here, but I believe HUcasts at high levels with Mechguns are way too overpowered. I guess you can attribute the fact that HUcasts superior ATP really makes Mechguns sing. Plus you get off 9 fairly fast hits, especially if you have God/Battle. Mix this in with Shifta and Zalure, and stuff dies at incredible rates. HC82 has a statement about this somewhere on here, but Vulcans/Rare Mechs with hit % are probably the most efficient weapon in the game. I'm not going to shun you for using them though. As long as you don't run ahead and kill stuff before the team even sees it, but I know you're play style, so I'm confident we don't have to worry about that. ;p

--------------------
PSN ID: USF_Tailgater
Xbox Live: USF Tailgater

+Quote Post
Layrinn
post Oct 24 2003, 12:12 PM
Post #3

Grand Armor

Group: Associates
Member No.: 15

Yeah, I second Mute's sentiments. In my opinion, playing style matters WAY more than the gear you choose to use. I couldn't care less what weapons you use, whether they're duped or not, or any of that junk as long as you're a good team player. It's the players that are only near the rest of the team when they're yelling at the FO to cast shifta and deband that cheese me off.

You are not your experience level. You are not your weapons and items. These things don't matter in comparison to general attitude and playing style... and I think we're all in good shape there. ^.~

See you online!

+Quote Post
Henge
post Oct 24 2003, 12:23 PM
Post #4

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

i agree with Rinn, thats exactly how i always looked at this matter.

hucast doesn't make mechguns broken. hit % does.

+Quote Post
unitself
post Oct 24 2003, 12:47 PM
Post #5

green and square

hrm... ok. I am understanding a bit more.

Mute says - Dude, you sux, don't worry about it.
Layrinn says - Dude, yeah, you sux. I am actually duping a better weapon as we speak so I can continue to keep you as a team member. Please!
Claymore says - Check!

beigelaugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henge
post Oct 24 2003, 12:54 PM
Post #6

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (unitself @ Oct 24 2003, 01:47 PM)
hrm... ok. I am understanding a bit more.

Mute says - Dude, you sux, don't worry about it.
Layrinn says - Dude, yeah, you sux. I am actually duping a better weapon as we speak so I can continue to keep you as a team member. Please!
Claymore says - Check!

beigelaugh.gif

ROFL. that was awsome, we need more light hearted comments like that around here. beigelaugh.gif

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Oct 24 2003, 12:58 PM
Post #7

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

I'll tell you what's even more scary... a maxed HUcast (or any hu for that matter) with a 300d BKB. But back on the matter of playing style, I've seen folks use weapons like breakers and claymores in places like ruins or seabed and hold their own just fine.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Khaotika
post Oct 24 2003, 01:04 PM
Post #8

Saw It Coming

Group: Associates
Member No.: 57

QUOTE (unitself @ Oct 24 2003, 10:25 AM)
Do people feel that the HUcast is simply too strong and takes all the exp. away from everyone?

I understand about the people with the Spread Needle. I totally get that one. Not only does it exp hog, but it also kills everything in 1/4 the time which in turn kill all the fun.

Um, yeah, hit% vulcans are too evol in the hands of a HUcast...esp if they happen to be of the charge variety.

Honestly, I dun care if you use em, as long as I get to tag each enemy once.

According to Crushinator one night when we were playing, he said RAmars have Jellen/Zalure, and to use that to tag enemies. "WTF OMG No they don't d00d." beigebigrazz.gif beigelaugh.gif (I wish...even if it were lvl 5)

Who uses teh Spread like dat? I'll moidarize em, I will. :O The only place youd see me use spread is in timed events and Ruins...as crowd control, obviously. ^_^d

-Khao

--------------------
Sometimes when I talk to people, I like to imagine a giant "EDIT" button over their head. Not that it matters, I always reach for "DELETE".

+Quote Post
DivA
post Oct 24 2003, 01:07 PM
Post #9

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

~the phobia of spread needles & HUcasts being overpowered with mechs are remnant(s) of the past, but it should be noted that spread needles are not nearly as menacing as they used to be.. Oo *remembers the horrors of old..* i'm more inclined to agree that good measure of discipline is a must when playing; if i carry a spread needle (which is a favored weapon at times for your's truly.. ;p), never assume that i would instantly obliterate everything with little consideration for my team.. =. i guess the moral of this tale revolves around 2 important points: consideration & self-control..

~if you value these, then we'll get along fine.. beigesmile.gif

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Oct 24 2003, 02:19 PM
Post #10

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Since I got a lot of compliaints about this (well mainly from 2 parties *cough cough*) back when I was leveling (read: hogging exp while you guys shifta me beigelaugh.gif ), I would only relegate to using mechs on the toughest enemies in Seabed and Ruins. If there were only claws/dimenians/dolmolms I would only use a sword/slicer to wipe them up. However I don't think you should just stand there and let a Delbiter punch you in the face while you attack it with a partisan, just so everyone can "get a shot" at it. At least not in a regular casual game. Of course if you are helping someone ELSE level its extremely rude to kill stuff at all.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
unitself
post Oct 24 2003, 03:09 PM
Post #11

green and square

Ah yes... see!
SCU v.1 had a Spread Needle for a little while. I used back on DC V.1 to level. I did round after round of EN2. It helped tremendously. Still SCU v.1 only made it to level 100 something teen. I converted him (it?) to v.2 when it came out for the DC.

So, I am going to take away from all of this...
Yes, Mechguns in the hands of a high level HUcast are fairly un-fair. I guess it's a good thing that SCU is only lvl 118 and has a pair of L&K's. Online ULT Forest is still a frickin nightmare... miss miss 40 is my middle name.

Let's shoot stuff!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alisha
post Oct 27 2003, 08:34 AM
Post #12

Monk Princess

Member No.: 11

could i be one of those parties eh? i mean i played with crush from like lvl 40-200 but i dont thinkmechguns were so bad except when crush would get into focused exp mode ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sheik
post Oct 27 2003, 08:36 AM
Post #13

☆タルタル、かわいい☆

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Crushinator @ Oct 24 2003, 01:19 PM)
Since I got a lot of compliaints about this (well mainly from 2 parties *cough cough*) back when I was leveling (read: hogging exp while you guys shifta me beigelaugh.gif ),

haha...I don't think I was ever the one to complain...but I did complain...quit saying SDSDSD!!! lol. It was fun thought. I didn't complain cuz I had the J/Z...oh yeah, insta-exp. Sit back and let it freely come to you with J/Z! Although I have to admit it nearly put me to sleep some nights...eh at-emote1.gif

EDIT: Oh, guess it would help to know I was playing a FOnl back then also. evilking.gif

--------------------
Level
+ neola - Lv109 HUcaseal - Oran
+ Sheik - Lv056 FOnewearl - Viridia
Challenge
+ neola* - HUcaseal - Whitill
+ kali* - FOnewearl - Whitill
+ neola** - HUcast - Green

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 01:21 AM