Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Bar, Re-opened
Henge
post Oct 23 2003, 01:13 AM
Post #1

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

Clay dusts off all the bottles and glasses and throws away a plate of chicken wings retehe must have left here 5 months ago...

he Pours a healthy amount of dark liquor over crystal clear ice, and out of an old looking bottle, taking a long pull from the drink he ponders upon recent developments, he begins to daydream of vana'diel when suddenly the door to the bar slides open.

whoever that is, i hope your up for a drink.

toast.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DivA
post Oct 27 2003, 10:20 PM
Post #2

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

~cosmic visitation.. ;p

As the newly arrived visitors begin to settle in & observe their surroundings, phased sounds shot out beyond the sturdy door; beyond the windows, reddish lights accompany the eerie sounds in perfect accord ~ sounds of warning, of something unfamiliar to the lands of Vana’Diel. Silence falls as all look towards the front in warning, the sounds of trouble - sounds of pain. A loud screech came from the belly of a creature, its bulking form crashes into the door - shattering it to pieces, the phased ruby light pulse through the air & hit the creature once more, a final time. The creature, unfamiliar to the inhabitants of Vana’Diel, collapses in a crumpled heap to an endless sleep.

A brief shock courses through the community; unerved by the alien nature of the event. Footsteps follow, revealing a presence - a being unlike nothing anyone had ever seen. Cloaked, all that is visible lies in an unusual device held in this being’s right hand - the source of the ruby light. From the swirl of dust, a form could be described, that of a woman - her cold gaze meet the shocked crowd, quickly scanning the area ~ as if anticipating further danger. Violet eyes flicker, a mysterious contrast against snowy, spiked hair; upon quick inspection, she nods in satisfaction. The barkeep, unraveled by the event - speaks in a dialect unknown to the woman; her piercing gaze meets his. In a swift motion, she taps her left arm that glowed with unwavering golden light. After a moment, she has his words spoken again; this time, she understands & bows before him.

“My apologies ~ I shall fix your door..”

The woman turns, her left hand glows with golden light ~ it is here that many would claim a miracle had taken place...All shards, every tiny remnant of what was once the door ~ elevate in silence & re-assemble with inhuman precision. The crowd watches in silence, a few gasp at the spectacle; the door is whole once again..

Nodding in satisfaction, the woman turns to face the crowd & looks curiously at several faces, some of whom were familiar from somewhere ~ especially one with emerald eyes, though details escape her.

“Deja-vu..” She muses to herself, then realizes suddenly, “How do i forget the time; i must return & reclaim my bounty on Pioneer 2..” Upon grabbing the corpse of her latest bounty, she bows once more & within a flash of multi-colored light, vanishes.

It is a tale that many will speak of in the coming years throughout Vana'Diel, of an event that defied rational explanation ~ of a being that came & went, from elsewhere; perhaps from the heavens, perhaps from ~ beyond...Stories spoken in earnest, shall eventually become fabled myth ~ who would believe it anyways? ;p
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Woe   The Bar   Oct 23 2003, 01:13 AM
Bantam13   Let's see.... For a starting round.... A Bel...   Oct 23 2003, 05:24 PM
Woe   Clay lines up three shot glasses infront of bantam...   Oct 24 2003, 01:33 AM
Bantam13   QUOTE (Claymore @ Oct 24 2003, 02:33 AM)Clay lines...   Oct 24 2003, 11:48 PM
Layrinn   ~The doors open and in walks a stunning young woma...   Oct 27 2003, 12:30 AM
Dorian   The door bursts open and a young man walks through...   Oct 27 2003, 02:30 AM
Woe   the Bald, Tattooed bartender Mixes a special daqui...   Oct 27 2003, 02:56 AM
Dorian   Before taking a sip, the the hooded man flips back...   Oct 27 2003, 03:05 AM
unitself   "CRRRZZZZGHT!!" "This looks like a nice pl...   Oct 27 2003, 01:48 PM
Astrid   The dimly lit atmosphere of the bar allows her sil...   Oct 27 2003, 07:54 PM
DarkEpyon   A 7-foot galka by the name of Zengar enters the ba...   Oct 27 2003, 09:50 PM
DivA   ~cosmic visitation.. ;p As the newly arrived visi...   Oct 27 2003, 10:20 PM
Woe   The bartender, while distracted greeting Zengar an...   Oct 28 2003, 01:52 AM
Layrinn   Hey there, scu (she pronouces it "skoo")... thanks...   Oct 28 2003, 03:05 AM
DivA   ~It's during this instance that the cloaked wo...   Oct 28 2003, 12:11 PM
Dorian   Camulus noticed none of what just happened, at thi...   Oct 28 2003, 04:59 PM
Layrinn   Maybe it's the alcohol... maybe it's the a...   Oct 29 2003, 03:43 PM
DivA   Downcast, the woman gazes into the distance - as i...   Oct 29 2003, 08:39 PM
Knightsword   A cloaked person stumbles into the bar and makes t...   Nov 16 2003, 11:19 PM
unitself   Holy crap... How long do I have to wait to get a @...   Nov 30 2003, 10:40 PM
Woe   *serves up free drinks for the ever patient patron...   Nov 30 2003, 11:12 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 03:35 AM