Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

GBA-SP fun
unitself
post Aug 14 2003, 01:50 PM
Post #1

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

Since I am such an Animal Crossing fan and stuff, I decided to get a GBA-SP a few days ago. Now I can visit the island (AC island). There are some other things too, like Sonic stuff (chao related) and some PSO stuff too (Nights mini game).
But, I needed a game to go with it so I picked up a used copy of last years Golden Sun. Not the new one that just came out, but the first one. I just have to say that this game is great! It's a lot of fun and the graphics are excellent. I was really impressed when I saw how detailed the GBA-SP is capable of.
So, thumbs up for Golden Sun! I have just started and have only played about 5 hours (maybe). I hear (read) that the game is supposed to be upwards of 50 hours to finish, so it looks like I will be busy for the next few weeks / months. Does anyone else have a GBA-SP? Do they recommend any games?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Crushinator
post Aug 14 2003, 03:08 PM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I would recommend Advance Wars 1 and 2, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, the Mario Advance games, Sonic Advance 2, and Game and Watch Gallery 4.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
DivA
post Aug 14 2003, 07:08 PM
Post #3

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

*nods* congrats, SCU.. =) the SP is an amazing piece of hardware, the engineering aspect is simple, yet direct ~ definitely superior to the earlier model.. from observation, i notice similarities between the SP & apple's ibook =. looks like the folks of nintendo have the right idea.. king.gif lol, Golden Sun is an excellent series ~ i'm into the 1st game as well, i love both story & adepts, especially Ivan.. =)

here are a few others to look into..
Castlevania ~ the 2nd & 3rd are well done..
Super Puzzle Fighter
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance ~ coming soon to an SP near you.. ^.-

+Quote Post
Kazicht
post Aug 15 2003, 02:59 AM
Post #4

System Id

Member No.: 45

Yeah, I never really liked playing with a Gameboy much before. But thats all changed since the SP; the light really makes a big difference. I love being able to just pick up my GB before I go to bed and just sit in the dark and play till my eyes get really heavy and then passing out beigebigrazz.gif

Anyway, I'm really into Advanced Wars 2 right now, its totally addicting and provides almost endless replay value. And yes, both Golden Sun games are great, especially for handheld RPGs.

+Quote Post
unitself
post Aug 15 2003, 10:27 AM
Post #5

green and square

Member No.: 49

Yeah. I love my new toy. I played a bit with the first model and found that it cramped my hands after about 20 minutes. For some reason, I have not had this happen with the SP though. Weird, 'cause it's smaller. Granted, I haven't had to use the triggers much (hardly at all) so I can't comment of those yet.
I too love the way you can flip it on and go. Not to mention, I can pop it in my backpack and play during my lunch hour at work.

I have had more and more people tell me that they love Advanced Wars. What is the deal with this game? It doesn't sound like something I would really get into, but I didn't think I would be into Golden Sun so much and I am actually loving it. Although, I can see how the random battles are going to become a pain after 30 hours or so. :D

Funny, DivA, that you mention the iBook. I was thinking more like the Titanium series. Maybe that's why I like the SP so much! hehe...

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Aug 16 2003, 11:13 PM
Post #6

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

Advanced Wars is a grid-based strategy game. It's exactly like Iron Storm for the Sega Saturn and Military Madness for Turbo Grafx-16.
And I'll be the next person to tell ya.. it rocks.

I haven't gotten the SP yet. I bought the GB Player over it.
Maybe when school starts...

--d-_-b

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Aug 17 2003, 11:35 AM
Post #7

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

*Hugs GBA*

I don't have an SP (I got a normal GBA and the player...both combined equal the price of an SP >_<) I'm waiting for the Black ones to be released (My GC, Controllers, and player are black, so why stop? beigelaugh.gif ) The games I have are Zelda, Mario Kart, Mega Man and Bass, Wario Ware, Puzzle Fighter, and Pokemon. I'm buying Advance Wars and Sonic Advance 2 before I got back to school. Pwnage. Oh yeah, and Double Dragon is gonna be tight king.gif

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 17 2003, 03:49 PM
Post #8

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

I think that since there is not on the console front that's interesting me lately... I might finally pick up a GBA Player and some new gameboy games. I wanna try out Warioware and the new Castlevanias.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:41 AM