IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The new Weapon types., witch one is best?
Witch of the new weapon types do you like best?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 9
Guests cannot vote 
Henge
post Dec 21 2002, 03:23 AM
Post #1

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

personaly, i like think the photon launcher types are the coolest new additions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rogue
post Dec 21 2002, 03:23 PM
Post #2

Hyper Frame

Group: Associates
Member No.: 7

It's a tough choice.. I voted Photon Launcher because I use them a lot, but I like how fomar runs with cards. beigebigrazz.gif

+Quote Post
Dive
post Dec 21 2002, 06:50 PM
Post #3

Antarctica Traffic Control

Member No.: 1

I picked Photon Launcher bacuase it is a damn cool looking weapon with awesome heat distortion effects on the beam. I'm really not that big of a fan of the Dual Saber types. The Card type is ok but a bit too slwo for me.

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Dec 22 2002, 04:32 AM
Post #4

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

The only one I've gotten to use is the dual saber, and they are OK, but not great. They usually have a high ATP, but the first move of the combo takes so long to start they aren't really too useful agains fast enemies. And don't even try to use them agains a pack of grunts X(

Every time I see a FO using thsoe cards, he's always doing 0 damage. WTF is up with that?

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Henge
post Dec 22 2002, 12:49 PM
Post #5

OpSec

Crushinator wrote:

Every time I see a FO using thsoe cards, he's always doing 0 damage. WTF is up with that?

thats odd my FO does 120-200 Damage with MAHU (one of the cards)

i'd actualy pick card over twin saber. while twin sabers are quite stylish, they aren't to paracticle.

im intrested to see how the SectionID cards look, yellowboze card would be cool for my fo beigebiggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HC82
post Dec 22 2002, 01:44 PM
Post #6

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

I know the female character has a different twin saber combo then males. I have no idea which one is better.

I do know that with god/battle on the twin sabers are hella sweet. The final attack has a really long delay time, but they'r incredibly strong and built to take out high HP enemies in one combo(belras, C bringers etc...). Thats how I use them, to take out really strong enemies quickly, there not built for for attacking a group of enemies(thats what swords are for).

Photon launcher are a nice addition for RAs, but I still think a shot is better since they both shoot really slow. The snow queen is the BEST photon launcher hands down. If your a RA you need either a frozen shooter or a snow queen, your team will love you for it.

FO cards suck big time. Only class that can use them effectively is a FOmar with god/battle on when it comes to actual damage. When it comes to TP drain the FOnewearl has the higher ATA. Reason why you see FOs dealing 0 damage is because the mahu and talis absorb TP, so FOs just use them to get free tp.

Maybe hitogata is a good card wep, cause I never even bother use the damn things.

+Quote Post
Rogue
post Dec 22 2002, 02:25 PM
Post #7

Hyper Frame

Group: Associates
Member No.: 7

QUOTE (HC82 @ Dec 22 2002, 01:44 PM)
The snow queen is the BEST photon launcher hands down. If your a RA you need either a frozen shooter or a snow queen, your team will love you for it.

A friend of mine has one. I refuse to battle him because he can beat me easily with 15 - 20 levels on him. The only downside is that sometimes it freezes you, but just about everyone knows about the ice trick, so it's not that big of a deal.

+Quote Post
Shinobia
post Dec 24 2002, 11:26 PM
Post #8

WILMAHHHHHHHH!

Member No.: 6

i voted for the card type becuse its sweet with FOmar i like photon launchers but the RAmar and RAcast run funny with them all hunched over and the RAmar's arm looks all floppy beigelaugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

FFXI:Shinobia/PLD 60/WAR 32/THF 15/RNG 8/DRK 8/

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Dec 25 2002, 06:51 AM
Post #9

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

I like the Photon Launchers the best, they're good for
plowing through enemies, and they work wonders on bosses
with multiple spots (even nails the dragon while he's
airborn. :D)

Duel Sabers and Cards come in a tie for 2nd, Duels are
great for taking out single big enemies quick, and cards,
well they just look funny being held by a FO running. beigelaugh.gif
They're like the ghetto version of Spread Needles. beigelaugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
HC82
post Dec 25 2002, 04:30 PM
Post #10

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Rogue @ Dec 22 2002, 02:25 PM)
A friend of mine has one. I refuse to battle him because he can beat me easily with 15 - 20 levels on him. The only downside is that sometimes it freezes you, but just about everyone knows about the ice trick, so it's not that big of a deal.

Since snow queen only has one combo, if your really quick about it, you can break free before the next shot comes out...or just wear cure/freeze if you have one.

It's kinda funny though. I can drop hunters with one Foie in battle mode.

+Quote Post
Bryn
post Dec 25 2002, 07:20 PM
Post #11

Nothing but the rain.

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 5

While there have been alot of cool weapon additions, I guess I really don't have one paticular favorite.

While I may be a tad off topic, I have to say that I like the new animations for high level techs more than any new weapon, the high level Rafoie is thoroughly badass. I just use weapons for accessorizing...as long as it doesn't clash with my costume I'm happy. beigebigrazz.gif

+Quote Post
Ripper1486
post Dec 25 2002, 08:13 PM
Post #12

Rippalicious!

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 9

Heh, i'm the only one that's voted for twin saber types so far...I chose them because they are the only type I've used so far. I was so happy when I saw the Musashi for the first time and I can't wait to get an Asuka or Sange & Yasha. I'm stuck with a Yamato for now :(. Oh well, PSO is still fun :D!

--------------------

Happiness is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but your the one who feels the warmth.

PSO charaters:
Ripper1486 - HUcast - lvl 128
CurlySue - FOnewearal - lvl 68
Gangsta Gurl - RAmarl - lvl 75
Verbatim - HUcaseal - lvl 81
Jade2002 - FOmarl - lvl 36

+Quote Post
Dive
post Dec 26 2002, 02:15 PM
Post #13

Do Grass Assassin Sabers count as dual saber type? Those are the only type of dual weapons I like so far. They are slow, but in the hands of a Fomar they can be used effectively as a finishing attack.

Just need to equip an elf arm++ first beigelaugh.gif

+Quote Post
Henge
post Dec 27 2002, 12:13 AM
Post #14

OpSec

QUOTE (Bryn @ Dec 25 2002, 07:20 PM)
While I may be a tad off topic, I have to say that I like the new animations for high level techs more than any new weapon, the high level Rafoie is thoroughly badass. I just use weapons for accessorizing...as long as it doesn't clash with my costume I'm happy. beigebigrazz.gif

they do kick ass, i have yet to see rabarta, gibarta, grants or megid though....

i'll be sure to eject the technique disk from the next baranz i encounter before i Obliterate it.

+Quote Post
Dive
post Dec 27 2002, 12:44 AM
Post #15

Rabarta is really cool, it's like a huge ice sheet that forms under your character. I think my favorite is Gifoie. it goes on forever and the heat distortion is sweet beigebigeek.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:57 AM