Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sega Dreamcast 10th Anniversary
donkeybeatz
post Aug 24 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #1

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

With the anniversary of the Dreamcast coming up, we are going to have a special Dreamcast episode. A Dream"cast" perhaps? Anyway, we're going to talk about all things Dreamcast. From favorite features of the system to how much you had to work to buy one.

So what are you guy's most memorable moments during the golden years of the Dreamcast? Most favorite? Worst? Favorite game? Peripheral? Segata Sanshiro? Favorite developer? Whatever you can think of. We'll discuss everyone's posts during our special Dreamcast show next month.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Crushinator
post Aug 25 2009, 07:12 AM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I know that for me, the DC was really the beginning of me being... I don't know if "hardcore" is the right word for the situation... "passionate" is more appropriate. It was a turning point in how I viewed, played, and felt about gaming. A religious experience? Hahahah.

I didn't start using the internet seriously until late 1998 or so, so throughout the whole 5th-gen console era I was largely oblivious to jaded gamer hype, tell-all pre- and reviews, and console wars outside of the microcosm of my circle of friends. Now that I was "on-line" I was able to suckle at the teat of internet discussion groups (repping the newsgroups rec.games.video.sega, nintendo, sony, and other smaller boards) and feed off the hype machine.

DC was the first console I pre-ordered, before this I wasn't so hyped that I NEEDED to have a console at launch. (Ok so maybe N64 was like that, but only for Mario 64.) I picked up Sonic Adventure and House of the Dead 2 (and a light gun of course!) with it, and kind of got into my current game-consumption habits, rolling through about 2-3 games a month. beigelaugh.gif Between the PSX reaching its apogee and DC's release I was buying like 5 games a month at this point, haha. Within the launch months I eventually got Soul Calibur, Sega Bass Fishing, Sega Rally 2, Marvel vs Capcom, AeroWings, Armada (I was WAY too hyped for this game), Evolution ... damn now that I look back didn't the DC have one of the best launches/opening months ever?

In addition to all those that I owned, through friends and renting I remember playing Slave Zero, Mortal Kombat Gold, Hydro Thunder, Toy Commander, and way more I probably can't even remember. All in those first few months!

I have some more to reminisce about, but I think thats a good starting point, haha.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:10 PM