Reply to this topicStart new topic
Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Near Future Cyber Punk FPS RPG
Scan_Man
post Aug 23 2011, 11:29 AM
Post #16

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

So what type of playthrough and augs are you guys doing? I'm trying to do Non-lethal and mostly stealth augs. Besides the introduction area, which is very similar to Mass Effect 2 intro and not as good, the game is pretty much like Deus Ex. Very Impressed. Lots of quick saving and reloading if you are trying to adhere to a particular playstyle. Messing up pretty much means death anyway, most of the time. My only complaint, so far, is there is less stuff to pick up for your inventory and it seems inconsistent; you can pick up some soda cans or boxes but not others.

I'm doing a full playthrough to upload on youtube (playlist will be setup later): http://www.youtube.com/user/SolidDave666

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 24 2011, 05:17 PM
Post #17

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I started doing stealth/nonlethal, but I keep jumping the gun instead of being patient... so I guess I'm going to "go loud" and lethal. I like how difficult the game is, you can't just go out like rambo in your standard FPS, you'll die to even the simplest of enemies.

The stealth system is really well done, something very few games get right. I really like the hacking mini-game too, it was a little confusing at first but after a few hacks I have the hang of it and its a fun challenge.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Aug 25 2011, 02:19 AM
Post #18

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

Yeah the thing about going stealth is if you make a mistake because you forgot to check which way they were facing or want to do any type of experimenting, pretty much means you have to reload your save. And the loading times on this game are pretty bad; and I'm on PC (lots of complaints about even with people using SSD).

This game is pretty damn satisfying, especially when you find a creative way to get around a hurdle. I love how you have to figure out how you want to achieve an objective. I like this kind of choice instead of having choice giving to you via straight forward dialogue option like in Mass Effect and Fallout 3/NV. Also, I like how choosing your Augments is tough. So many good and interesting choices to make, but only limited points to spend.

Yeah the hacking mini-game is fun. I mentioned in one of the videos in my playthrough that it's the best hacking mini-game I've seen yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 31 2011, 10:49 AM
Post #19

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
HC82
post Aug 31 2011, 11:50 PM
Post #20

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

Just finished this game recently. Cynical spoilers ahead...

I like how he's a walking PDA. He's got wi-fi in his head, can hack shit, and needs to recharge his batteries cause he's only got one bar left. Turn the dial on his nipple and he can cook microwave dinners. Oh, and with enough praxis points, he can make coffee, too. You just insert a pouch in his shoulder and enjoy some instant fresh brewed coffee.

As for the story...
Soooo, the Knights Templar, Free Masons, Enron, Microsoft, Illuminati, Robot Barack Obama, and a syndicate of 12 evil bankers all want to control the world, destroy it, enslave humanity, and merge with machines all at the same time. Oh and your character is: DNA = robot messiah. He can't walk on water, but he's got cool shades inside his face, that pop out when it's sunny out side.

It was a surprising polished stealth game and I enjoyed the experience. The story is pretty much a series of internet conspiracy theories all rolled into one video game, but otherwise it was a solid game. Definately worth playing through for the experience. Been awhile since I played a quality game.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Sep 9 2011, 02:11 PM
Post #21

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

Wishing I was playing this, disgaea 4 and Space Marine right now. :(

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Oddies da Nerfed
post Sep 11 2011, 07:22 AM
Post #22

Pray for Mojo.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 165

QUOTE(AC9breaker @ Sep 9 2011, 02:11 PM) *
Wishing I was playing this, disgaea 4 and Space Marine right now. :(

Specially space marine. It be good shit mang.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:47 PM