Reply to this topicStart new topic
=\
DarkEpyon
post Aug 31 2005, 09:21 AM
Post #16

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

For a bit of humor, I give you Foamy the Squirrel.

The cartoon squirrel hit the proverbial nail on the head.

Seriously though, if you can, hop on over to the American Red Cross website and make a donation. I just did that myself. If it helps maybe feed a family of 3, I'll be happy.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Aug 31 2005, 01:57 PM
Post #17

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

QUOTE (Dive @ Aug 31 2005, 02:31 AM)
The Sheriff of Jefferson Parish reported through WDSU that he expects his district to remain uninhabitable for at least the coming week and that residents should not return to the area. Incidents of looting have been reported throughout affected areas of Louisiana, most notably in New Orleans. Lousiana governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco has ordered all roadways into the state closed, as reported by WDSU TV.

Jefferson Parish

As of 9:35 a.m. on August 30, residents of Jefferson Parish who have ID proving they live in the parish will be allowed to return to their homes to retrieve essentials in about a week, but will then be required to leave the parish for another month. The failed attempt to repair the 17th street Canal levee will likely cause additional flooding in the parish.

Unfortunately, Jefferson is where I stay. I have no idea what I'm going to do for a month or even more. This changes everything. My family is ok. My parents stayed back in town but they're ok. All of my friends are scattered all over the place and some I can't even get in touch with because the phone lines are screwed.

Next week should be alittle better since we get to go back to get our essentials (my computer!) and survey the area. Kinda harsh telling us not to come back for a month but I guess its for the better. School won't start up again for at least another 2 months. Kinda funny when school just started 2 weeks ago.

I only brought 3 pairs of clothes with me =(

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Aug 31 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #18

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

I'm sorry to hear that man. I'm with Dive, if there's anything I can do for you don't hesitate to ask.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
DivA
post Aug 31 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #19

Deus-Ex MachinA

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 44

QUOTE (DarkEpyon @ Aug 31 2005, 09:21 AM)
For a bit of humor, I give you Foamy the Squirrel.

The cartoon squirrel hit the proverbial nail on the head.

*nods* agreed, especially the part of visiting news people that take video of victims in dire troubles...instead of pointing the camera for ratings, put the bloody camera down & help ~ common sense...maybe? hmmm..

btw, can anyone direct me to a site that has ariel pics of new orleans in its aftermath? thus far, all i have read are nothing but articles online, & very little visually ~ any leads will definitely help & be much appreciated.. before now, i knew very little of new orleans & i was so looking to visit there for a vacation sometime in the future......however, with this formidable force of nature storming through ~ the chances of walking through its legendary graveyards & historic buildings are sorrowful indeed.. =(

dj ~ words really cannot truly describe how i feel regarding this; all i can do is bestow a prayer that all will be well for you & your family.. --.` courage, courage for endurance to great change & the hope that what will be would be far better than what currently is, or what was..

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Aug 31 2005, 06:38 PM
Post #20

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

Damn, donk. I'm sorry to hear your area got hit cry2.gif

I hope all your posessions aren't damaged badly X(

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
ArekuReiesu
post Aug 31 2005, 06:51 PM
Post #21

The Voice of Reason

Member No.: 104

Ditto with Dive and Breaker.

Keep strong bro.

--------------------
"Life is all about mistakes, we just have to limit them."

SSBB FC: 3523-2010-3190 (Note I'm in the Philippines so expect laaaag)

+Quote Post
Dive
post Aug 31 2005, 07:34 PM
Post #22

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (DivA @ Aug 31 2005, 07:12 PM)
btw, can anyone direct me to a site that has ariel pics of new orleans in its aftermath?

I don't know off hand of any sites where you can see some of the images, but I managed to snag this photo from a site I frequent. This singular image pretty much tells the story.

2000x1369 image.

Also for anyone who has not been following this, tune into one of the many news channels for some heartbreaking images and survivors stories.

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Sep 1 2005, 10:02 AM
Post #23

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

Damn man... been watching the news and it sounds horrible. Sorry that this happend. I hope things clear up soon for you.

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
Alisha
post Sep 1 2005, 12:07 PM
Post #24

Monk Princess

Member No.: 11

man i had no idea how bad this was till i heard they are evacuating people from sky dome to the astro dome and i thought it was bad that my basement god flooded from the remenants of the hurricane that came through ohio i hope things arent to bad for you DJ

--------------------

+Quote Post
DivA
post Sep 2 2005, 08:43 AM
Post #25

Deus-Ex MachinA

Member No.: 44

QUOTE (Dive @ Aug 31 2005, 07:34 PM)
I don't know off hand of any sites where you can see some of the images, but I managed to snag this photo from a site I frequent. This singular image pretty much tells the story.

thank you, Dive ~ it's exactly what i seek..
this image tells a tale that words cannot fully replicate.. =/

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Sep 5 2005, 02:41 PM
Post #26

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

Oh man this whole event was an emotional rollercoaster.
There were rumors that something happened to my uncle and his family right after we came into town to get out parents out. From what we saw on the news, the city wasn't exactly safe at the time. We had guns in each car just in case (we took 2 cars; mine and my bro's girlfriend's car).

Anyway, that rumor was squashed after my uncle from California got into contact with him. My WHOLE family from both sides knew about it within like 15 minutes. It was crazy. We couldn't find the source of the rumor. Personally, I heard from my little sister who heard from her friend. So rest assured, my uncle is ok and well.

There was a friend of mine who we couldn't get into contact with. She was one of the few that stayed back in town during the storm. I honestly prayed and hoped all week. I totally broke down one night. A week goes by and still can't get into contact because the phone lines are screwed up. Text messenging works but she was the only one who didn't respond.
I was talking to a friend today online and she tells me that a friend just received an email from her and that she's in Houston. A few seconds later, I get a phone call from her! Can you believe it? A phone call! So I talk to her and see how she's doing. She's ok so that's a relief. She's been stuck in the Convention Center for a couple of days. If you guys haven't been watching the news, the conditions were just as bad as it was in the Superdome. I'm glad she made it out of there.

So all of my friends are accounted for. Now I can sleep a little better.
New Orleans on the other hand... I hope it'll turn out OK. I honestly want to go back to town.
Where else can you party even after the sun comes up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henge
post Sep 5 2005, 03:57 PM
Post #27

OpSec

Member No.: 2

Good to hear your whole crew is safe and accounted for hopefully things will return to somewhat normal ASAP.

+Quote Post
Bryn
post Sep 5 2005, 05:05 PM
Post #28

Nothing but the rain.

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 5

I can't even imagine how stressful and nerve-racking this ordeal has been. I'm glad to hear that you've got in touch with everyone and they are safe.

+Quote Post
Ellianna
post Sep 6 2005, 02:38 PM
Post #29

Solid Frame

Member No.: 125

my heart and prayers go out to you all donkey...i'm sitting here watching oprah's special where she's gone into the super dome and i tell ya what, the news didnt do justice to the devistation that i saw, the moment she walked in the door she said she was walking through urine and fecies and the stentch almost made her sick, ...bodies on the floor..gangs took over the super dome and tried to take over they had a surgeon walking through the air port, there really was no other way to describe other than it looked like a mash unit. other people are talking about guys that were waiting at the bathrooms and raping girls...
it worries me a lot because after seeing what florida has gone through in some of the harder hit areas and the bullshit they had to put up with with FEMA i can only hope they do more there, fema tried to make people pay back money, others were claiming damages that werent caused by the hurricanes and got money from it...damage here was no where NEAR and a year later people still havent even gotten just their roofs fixed ..people still live in fema trailors with no homes and fema wants the trailors back...it really pisses me off the way people get treated i only hope they dont pull this shit out there. after several days the cops that were working are now refusing to work, and at least one has commited suicide. i'm really disgusted ...so much more could and should be being done for these people .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dive
post Sep 6 2005, 11:36 PM
Post #30

Antarctica Traffic Control

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (DJ_Donkey @ Sep 5 2005, 03:41 PM)
We had guns in each car just in case (we took 2 cars; mine and my bro's girlfriend's car).

That must have been pretty scary man. I can't believe you had to go to these measures to get to your house and parents.

I'm not gonna go into the political ranting, everyone is familiar with the derelict response to this catastrophe. I'm just glad you and your family/friends are ok.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 02:57 PM