IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Final Fantasy 13, why don't we have a topic for this yet?
Crushinator
post Sep 28 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #1

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HC82
post Sep 29 2009, 08:20 AM
Post #2

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 4

Final Fantasy sure has come a long way.

The combat system looks interesting, too.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Sep 29 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #3

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

They seem to like to name their characters after weather terms. Lightning and Snow, might as well throw Cloud in there. I actually laughed at the part when Lightning said I changed my name to be more like an adult when our parents died. Anyway, game looks tight and it seems like the Devs where watching A lot of Karas when they came up with some of those summons.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Sep 30 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #4

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

Well they did design Lightning as a "what if Cloud was female." There are other things that have a FF7 counterpart too; even similar plot points, that the trailer/s semi-spoils. A great example is the opening sequence for FF13 compared to FF7's opening sequence.

The battle system reminds me of Xenogears/saga though. Not a bad thing. But I am not a big fan of this current "massive damage" trend in RPGs/MMOs, where you do attacks and the screen is spammed with multiple big hits of over 9000 damage. It seems more like a marketing decision than a gameplay one. Like they did research and came to the conclusion that "Players like to feel somewhat powerful from the start, in a RPG they want to see big damage numbers." Not that it matters much either way, but I remember when doing damage in the thousands meant hours spent leveling up, maxing out skills, and getting the best equipment.

But yeah, I'm liking the cast. Just from looking at trailers it seems there have been major improvements in character development. I'm very impressed. I can't wait, my PS3 is just sitting there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
HC82
post Sep 30 2009, 08:55 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Scan_Man @ Sep 30 2009, 01:40 PM) *
Well they did design Lightning as a "what if Cloud was female." There are other things that have a FF7 counterpart too; even similar plot points, that the trailer/s semi-spoils. A great example is the opening sequence for FF13 compared to FF7's opening sequence.

The battle system reminds me of Xenogears/saga though. Not a bad thing. But I am not a big fan of this current "massive damage" trend in RPGs/MMOs, where you do attacks and the screen is spammed with multiple big hits of over 9000 damage. It seems more like a marketing decision than a gameplay one. Like they did research and came to the conclusion that "Players like to feel somewhat powerful from the start, in a RPG they want to see big damage numbers." Not that it matters much either way, but I remember when doing damage in the thousands meant hours spent leveling up, maxing out skills, and getting the best equipment.

But yeah, I'm liking the cast. Just from looking at trailers it seems there have been major improvements in character development. I'm very impressed. I can't wait, my PS3 is just sitting there.

Yeah, I do believe that the whole "massive damage spam" multi-hit combo thing is a marketing decision, as well as a gameplay-gratification aspect as well. Seeing a move hit 15 times for 9000 damage feels better than a 2 hit move for 90 points of damage. Even if one enemies has 2.5 million hp, versus the other enemy having 2500 hp, the 90 dmg hp move is comparably better (10 times better to be exact) but not as cool looking.

Isn't this coming out for the xbox too?

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Oct 1 2009, 02:44 AM
Post #6

Yeah, its coming out for Xbox 360 and PS3 on the same day in North America (some time next year), but for japan the PS3 version releases first on Dec. 17th.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Oct 2 2009, 08:40 PM
Post #7

In english, for reals. No weeaboo moonspeak.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Nov 13 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #8

N.A. release date confirmed: 3-10-2010

Also is anyone else getting a cheesy infomercial vibe from the presenter on this vid? I feel like he should be selling me a real estate flipping program, or a Phillips CD-i, not Final Fantasy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
HC82
post Nov 14 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #9

With each passing FF, the damage numbers get even bigger. Soon we'll have disgaea-eque 30 million damage attacks.

I'm looking forward to the whole "HD" experience thing on my flat screen and as for the presenter, it was supposed to be more like a formal presentation of FF 13. It's kinda odd, but also not too far off either if this was meant to be something on a collectors disc from a different square game. I thought the guy should of wore a tie though, the formal-casual look made it seem just like an info-mercial. It's a celebration because its fucking FF13, pop out the tux!

Overall, the game looks solid.

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Nov 14 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #10

Yeah, I'm genuinely excited for FF13's release. I've had an itch to get sucked into a JRPG, but nothing thats out has really done it for me, but this game looks great and will fit the bill nicely beigesmile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Nov 25 2009, 12:38 AM
Post #11

That battle/action montage at the end looks awesome buttrock.gif What the hell is that pigtailed girls summon with the gatling guns supposed to be? Gilgamesh?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jan 13 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #12

Voice acting sounds great.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Jan 14 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #13

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

FFXIII in a nutshell, courtesy of 2chan.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Jan 14 2010, 10:22 PM
Post #14

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

It's sad. That video does pretty much sum up the game. I watched someone play through the whole game, plus all the side quests, on a stream. A lot of FF fans are going to be pissed I'm afraid. I'm still going to play it, and give a final judgment of it. The game is more linear than FF10, which I did not think was possible. It is a bit misleading because you don't get the full party until the end of the game. The game is broken up into chapters with each centering around two of the characters pairing up. Most of these center around Mike "Sazh" Epps and Vanille. I'll let you be the judge if you will like playing as those two for a good portion of the game.

Either way I am still excited to play it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jan 15 2010, 02:26 AM
Post #15

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

I don't know, I thought all JRPG's where all ready like that. I just hope they don't have stupid trophies dealing with item collecting with items being in places you can't backtrack.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 10:17 PM