IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Who gives a shit about the Wii U?, AT Opinion Matters
Who gives a shit about the Wii U?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Crushinator
post Oct 19 2012, 11:57 AM
Post #1

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

So the Wii U is out next month, and this is the first Nintendo console launch that I honestly give zero shits about.

Nothing at all about this system or its games is appealing in the slightest. What the hell is the system even trying to do? It seems like the functionality of the controller-screen is basically a console equivalent of the DS's bottom screen, except its even harder to shift focus to since its in your hands.

Technologically, it doesn't seem too far beyond PS3/360 and its already outclassed by current gen PC, and will quickly be shown up by whatever PS4/720 bring to the table.

What matters of course is the games though... but what do we have? I mean Nintendo backs on its exclusives, but what is Nintendo launching? New Super Mario Bros Wii U... yeah lets show off a hot new high-tech HD platform with... a Mario game that is designed to be retro, and looks identical to its Wii counterpart save the resolution. And what does the controller do? You help you friends by drawing blocks on screen or some shit?

Zombi U? Looks janky as fuck. Using the controller as a camera to scan shit? Come on.

Nintendo land? Fucking minigame collection piece of shit. This is supposed to be the software that shows off the functionality of the asynchronous multiplayer with the new controller... but its just a collection of games you'll try once then shelve and let it collect dust.

EDIT: Every other game releasing at launch is a port of something that's already on other platforms. BLOPS2, Assassin's Creed 3, Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3... etc. Hand-me-down ports of games that have already been out for weeks or MONTHS. Unless you're some kinda died-in-the-wool Nintendo loyalist you're already had the opportunity to play these games several times over. Menu screen functionality relegated to the controller screen... but how does that save you time/"keep you in the action" when you have to look away from the game to do menu shit anyways?

So what say you AT? What's the verdict on the Wii U?

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Wiryu
post Nov 9 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #2

This is my custom member title.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 121

I'm not pooping my pants in excitement, but I'll still be getting it on day one. Nintendo has fallen into a good party favor for your friends who don't really game, but above all odds still like to get fucked and play a game or two in a party atmosphere.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:34 PM