Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sega Dreamcast 10th Anniversary
donkeybeatz
post Aug 24 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #1

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

With the anniversary of the Dreamcast coming up, we are going to have a special Dreamcast episode. A Dream"cast" perhaps? Anyway, we're going to talk about all things Dreamcast. From favorite features of the system to how much you had to work to buy one.

So what are you guy's most memorable moments during the golden years of the Dreamcast? Most favorite? Worst? Favorite game? Peripheral? Segata Sanshiro? Favorite developer? Whatever you can think of. We'll discuss everyone's posts during our special Dreamcast show next month.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Vitamin D
post Sep 9 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #2

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

Happy Birthday, Dreamcast. toast.gif

My first encounter with the Dreamcast was actually in '98. There used to be (closed down a couple years back) a video game store that specialized in imports. It was here that they had a running Dreamcast. I saw Sonic Adventure, in motion that is. I was like "omgdudeamazing" it looked so unbelievable then, and actually having just played it, doesn't look that bad even now haha. I'm not sure how much longer it was after, but eventually my brother saved some cash and bought a Japanese Dreamcast. As a result of this, in our Dreamcast collection we have a bunch of Japanese and English games, sometimes both versions of one game haha. For instance we have both Jet Set Radio and Jet Grind Radio, and there's actually several differences between the various cover arts. That is to say, the Japanese cover arts tended to be more stylish. Haha good times.

Come Christmas of '99, I managed to annoy convince my parents into getting me a Dreamcast for Christmas, so we were at this point two Dreamcasts in the house, I think we maxed up to 3 haha. I got Soul Calibur (which we had in Japanese before that) and Powerstone with my Dreamcast, and the English version of Sonic Adventure shortly after. Then of course, I think most of us know what game came out shortly after 2001 started. PSO was a game I remember being super hyped for, and it blew my expectations out of the water. Like several others, it was my first online game, and I ever so loved it. Well until all the BS with cheats and PKs and whatnot started. =/

Overall though, thanks for the GGs, Dreamcast!

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:57 AM