Reply to this topicStart new topic
Collect anything?, as a hobby.
Dive
post Apr 29 2003, 03:00 PM
Post #1

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

I have a few things I like to amass in large quanitities. I have been collecting and reading comics for as long as I can remember. I am interested in mostly the superhero genre but I also enjoy Horror and Sci-Fi titles. Movies are another thing I must have. I prefer DVD's but if I cant' find it I will get the VHS version. A few things are hard to get or find on DVD so I end up buying it on tape. I can't forget to mention music. I have quite a collection of CD's I have acquired through the years, most from my short lived DJ career. Bargain bins are a treasure trove of $2 CD's. I also purchase action figures and models on occasion but rarely put them together due to time constraints.

Oh yea must not forget the collection of ...umm classic cars sitting in my driveway beigelaugh.gif don't give me that look Bryn evilking.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Retehi
post Apr 29 2003, 03:32 PM
Post #2

Show-off

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 10

I like collecting VHS's of old films my self, my favorites are Terminator 1&2, Predator 1&2, The Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Rambo, Robocop, TMNT, and Alien trilogies, basically all the good ol' action films from back then. Can't forget my comedies either, Cadillac Man, Holy Grail, House Party, Revenge of the Nerds, Beverly Hills Cop, etc. (those are all the ones I can name off the top of my head, I have like 200 damn tapes sitting in a box somewhere) I wish I could get the DVD's of those films, so I can record sound clips, and get screen caps off my comps player, but that's gonna cost a nice hunk of dough to replace my tapes. bash.gif (fear my 3 DVD's)

That's about it, I collect a whole lot of other stuff as well, but my tape collection stands out... as well as the closet full of various magazines I collected over a span of 9 years, which would make you tremble just looking at the stacks looming over you.... yes OVER you. skullcross.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Apr 30 2003, 01:08 PM
Post #3

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

I like to collect PEZ dispensers. I would probably give my left nut for the Doraemon pez that is my avatar.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Apr 30 2003, 01:57 PM
Post #4

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

Well I collect anime on DVD but, only the ones that intruige me or ones that I have seen when I was younger still, I have a pretty large collection. Currently Im collecting "GTO =great teacher Onizuka" this is a really good title with some great J-rock music. I would recomend this title to any anime lover or to someone who is looking for something good to watch. One that I would really like to own is M.D. GEIST the first one hard to find on DVD also I really havent searched much for it. I have kept my favorite game like FF Tactics and FF7. Then there is my CD collection which is mind boggling and is pretty varid too. luna.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 1 2003, 04:55 AM
Post #5

GTO is totally awesome and sweet, but MD Geist has gotta be one of the worst shows I've ever seen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post May 2 2003, 07:16 PM
Post #6

Soul Hunter

Member No.: 23

Well the sequal to" M.D.geist the death force " Is crappier than an al rappy not dropping a rare on vhard, but the first one is really cool, the story is kinda of a morose forboding evil type of story. Sort of like the "fist of the north star" post apocaliptic future buttrock.gif execpt, that anime ended with a cliffhanger ending,beigemad.gif The animation on this one was really solid, much better then the "death force" one. To me that sequal was a piece of garbage and should never have had the title M.D.Geist
But it seems as though as you like some anime. Any ones you would recommend to me, also don't think of me as a geek but, where is doraemon from?

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Henge
post May 3 2003, 02:12 AM
Post #7

OpSec

Member No.: 2

I collect the dog tags of scrubs across ragol, and wear them around my neck as a trophey beigebiggrin.gif

of coarse the only way i remove them from the scrubs is decapitation!, gotta get those big heads out of the way.

evilking.gif

+Quote Post
Bryn
post May 3 2003, 03:41 AM
Post #8

Nothing but the rain.

Member No.: 5

Sgt. has great taste in movies. buttrock.gif

I collect some toys (have tons of Star Trek and lots of misc. stuff including most of the old Tick series figures), comics (mainly Vertigo titles). But, its mainly books. Endless stacks of books. I love digging through junk stores and old book sales, looking for something rare or out of print that I could never possibly afford on E-Bay. beigesmile.gif

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post May 3 2003, 11:00 AM
Post #9

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

I collect beer/wine/liquor bottles.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post May 4 2003, 11:19 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (AC9breaker @ May 2 2003, 08:16 PM)

But it seems as though as you like some anime. Any ones you would recommend to me, also don't think of me as a geek but, where is doraemon from?

If you like post-apocalyptic settings, I would totally recommend "Now and then, Here and There". It's one of the most enthralling animes I've ever seen, and only 13 eps, so its not a "huge commitment" if you're on a limited budget or whatever. I'm also really into Berserk , His and Her Circumstances, and Fist of the North Star TV series' lately. I'm not really heavy into anime, so I'm not up to date on the hottest new shows, but I know what I like!

Doraemon is a really old anime/manga from the 70's or so. He's a robotic cat from the future that is sent back in time to help out this poor kid who lives a downtrodden life. They go on all kinds of crazy adventures, and it's a really light-hearted kids show. Doraemon is my Ninja/DDR name, so thats why I use the avatar and sig.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knightsword
post Jun 27 2003, 12:01 AM
Post #11

Mistress of Red Magic

Member No.: 53

I collect Transformers, from past and present, my most note worthy figure is an origional G1 Jetfire, Skyfire in the cartoon, and it is a super vf-1s from macross in vehicle form. I also collect the random robot figure as well, such as the Evagelion and others

+Quote Post
HC82
post Jun 27 2003, 01:08 PM
Post #12

Badass Billionaire Extraordanaire

Member No.: 4

I have a mess load of comics. Alot of the orginal #1 image comics. I don't really read them, just a sort of investment for the future. I am not much of a collector of anything.

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Jun 27 2003, 01:22 PM
Post #13

Revolution to the Destruction

Member No.: 21

I have a collection of beer/liquor bottles.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Dive
post Jun 27 2003, 01:34 PM
Post #14

Antarctica Traffic Control

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (DarkEpyon @ Jun 27 2003, 02:22 PM)
I have a collection of beer/liquor bottles.

QUOTE (DarkEpyon @ May 3 2003, 12:00 PM)
I collect beer/wine/liquor bottles.

You said that twice wassup.gif

+Quote Post
unitself
post Jun 27 2003, 01:48 PM
Post #15

green and square

Member No.: 49

I have quite a collection of Sonic and co. figures.
Now, I amlooking for the ever elusive Shadow that came out a few months ago, but I can never find it in any stores. I might just have to purchase it online.
I would say I have about 30 or so now and it's still growing.

"Ready to roll champ? Let's GO!"

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:56 PM