Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Batman: Arkham Asylum
donkeybeatz
post Jun 28 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #1

McDonald's!

Group: Magister
Member No.: 32

I was kinda on the fence about this one but after watching this video, I'm 100% sold... after I get my new phone. It almost felt like Tenchu with all the grappling. In fact, a Tenchu game like this would totally rock.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Crushinator
post Aug 7 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #2

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

Demo is up on XBLA/PSN. Holy shit this game is going to own buttrock.gif . I thought it was just going to be a regular hero beatemup, but its actually an awesome combination of stealth, combat, and actual Batmayne detective work. The voiceovers are great, too. All the voices from the classic Batman TAS TV show.

I really love how you can use the bat cowl scope to see your enemies' heart rates, I took down a henchman and then the other guys found his body and they lost all their confidence and got nervous. Then i was able to get the bat-drop on them, hahaha.

One gripe I have is every time you finish a combo it does this 300-ish slow-mo finisher, so if you're battling a bunch of dudes and chaining combos the game goes slo mo like every 3 hits. It looks cool but it makes the battles kinda drag.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 03:11 AM