AC9breaker
post Apr 26 2008, 02:21 AM
Post #16

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

Oh shiiiiii!
GTA4 Soundtracks.

Im really excited to tune the radios. also.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DarkEpyon
post Apr 26 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #17

Revolution to the Destruction

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 21

QUOTE(Crushinator @ Apr 17 2008, 12:48 PM) *
Nobody is buying it for PS3. Get a 360 and get with the times! beigerolleyes.gif

If you want to play online console games, its the way to go.

We all know that's a lost cause, but one can dream at least.

--------------------

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination."
-Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Apr 26 2008, 10:32 AM
Post #18

Holding these random memories

Member No.: 8

Holy shit, the soundtrack is fucking EPIC! Songlist of the year: CONFIRMED.

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Apr 27 2008, 01:41 PM
Post #19

Soul Hunter

So anyone else planning on picking up their copy at midnight tomorrow? Maybe we can do some Online Muliplayer shiz.

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Apr 27 2008, 04:46 PM
Post #20

Yeah, i'm down for the midnight launch.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wiryu
post Apr 27 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #21

This is my custom member title.

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 121

no midnight launch in my area. See you dudes on the actual tuesday.

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Apr 28 2008, 01:41 PM
Post #22

One last video to get everyone psyched before the game comes out tomorrow!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Apr 28 2008, 10:28 PM
Post #23

Soul Hunter

GTA4 GET!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Apr 29 2008, 12:11 AM
Post #24

Soul Hunter

Holy crap this dood hit this other dood that was crossing the street with his car. So the dood that got hit runs down the street and catches him at the next red light and starts a fight. The guy in the car pulls out a knife and shanks the motherfucker. Then 5/0 rolls up on the dood mad deep like an NFL squad and arrests the motherfucker. Crazy!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Apr 29 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #25

OH SHIIIIIIIT i'm about to pop it in now! guitarist.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Apr 29 2008, 07:10 AM
Post #26

Soul Hunter

So yeah this game owns. A brief review of the game after spending 4 hours on it. First off, that trailer crush posted really captures the feel of the game. Your a a Russian immigrant looking for a new start. Unfortunately fate has different plans for you. I really relate to the story being a 1st generation American citizen in my family, I really feel for the main character Niko and what he's going through. Has a very Carlito's Way feel to it, the story that is. The Driving seem a lot tighter then what I remembered it to be back on Vice City, using the parking brake and doing spin outs and cornering is freaking sweet. Now another feature I love are the choices we're given. I don't wanna spoil any plot points, but I'm glad I'm able to make some decision and play how I wanna play seems like the game will have multiple endings. Who knows. Liberty City is fucking HUEG! They've really captured NYC down perfect. You can totally take a cab ride and enjoy the awesome scenery.

Online.
Fun as hell, I've only done a death match with random peeps and a Free roam game with a friend but had loads of fun. In death match I ran down peeps with my car, blasted them with an RPG, and sprayed them with my Uzi. You can now Aim the gun a bit to get headshots which was totally freaking sweet. Then I played Free mode with a friend where we explored the Liberty City from a chopper went sightseeing tried fulfilling our Jihad fantasies by crashing our Chopper into the Empire State Building and being disspointed by the simple dud, then jumped to our death from there.

one final thing I have to say, NO MORE DEATH BY FALLING IN WATER! Finally! I always thought it was stupid that your character couldn't swim. Now all is well. Can't wait to play with some peeps online! But first story mode!

--------------------

+Quote Post
donkeybeatz
post Apr 29 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #27

McDonald's!

Member No.: 32

Just got the game for $30 (traded in Kingdom Under Fire and Okami PS2). I'll check it out after the Hornets game guitarist.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Apr 29 2008, 06:17 PM
Post #28

Yes, this game is FREAKING AMAZING! From the opening sequence my jaw was .

The first thing that jumps out gameplay wise is the physics and controls on driving and moving... Holy shit! It just FEELS fantastic driving around, like AC said, using the e-brake and sliding around corners, smashing into walls, knocking over people. I love little touches like how you can still hear the radio playing faintly outside of a car when the doors are shut, how you can pick up small objects like cups, bricks, bottles and throw them.

The biggest things for me so far are the physics and the improved controls. Its just a joy to tool around the city in a car, weaving through traffic. And all the characters react in such a fantastic way, stumbling, grabbing for a ledge when they fall, hanging off your car door when you drive away after jacking them. beigelaugh.gif

The controls are a huge improvement over the previous games. Holding L to aim now pulls you into a 3rd person aiming cam like Gears of War. If you fully depress the trigger it will lock onto your target, and you can tilt the stick up down left or right to target their head, arms, or legs. If you just half-press the stick then you go into free aim mode which works out pretty well. You can tap the RB to duck into cover and lean out for aimed shots, or fire blindly. The drive-by shooting controls have improved greatly now too. Instead of just holding L or R and firing directly sideways, you now tap LB to break out you car's window, then hold you gun and aim with the right stick while you're driving. Not the easiest thing to do, but hey neither is shooting while driving a car in real life beigelaugh.gif .

I didn't get a chance to try multi last night, but I can't wait to get home to jump right in again!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Apr 29 2008, 06:53 PM
Post #29

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

Haha yeah this game is amazing. Truth be told I never was too big into GTA, but this game certainly has turned things around in the short time I've had with it. There have been many improvements and it makes the game SO much more enjoyable (the third person perspective like Crush mentioned is the biggest one, along with the improved driving physics). I haven't had a chance to try online yet either, but I'll be down to roll deep with the AT crew later tonight. With this and Mario Kart, I think the PSU event is screwed for me haha.

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Apr 30 2008, 01:09 AM
Post #30

Holy shit, the multiplayer modes are nothing short of BRILLIANT!

guitarist.gif

We need to get like 12 or 16 guys on and do some 4 on 4 on 4 (on 4) Mafiya mode.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:29 PM