usernames.. :), special meanings..
AC9breaker
post Jun 7 2004, 12:13 PM
Post #16

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Gabriell @ Jun 7 2004, 11:58 AM)
I used the name BlackWolf in this native american pioneer-era simulation we did in 3rd grade. I was using it as a screenname and website title since the 4th, but back then I was on AOL, and I had to shorten my SN, so I took out the c, which is why everyone calls me blak. So I've been using this SN for umm, 8 or 9 years? heh.

Gabriell came from just wanting to use a totally unrelated handle for ffxi. I used the first thing that came to my head, which was Gabe. However, I think I spelled it using the more feminine version, so people call me "Gabs" and "Gabby" instead of "Gabe", haha. But it's ok. guitarist.gif

LoL yea, I remember thinking youre avatar was a girl at first intill I finally meet up with your character. He looked more butch and hairier then my Galka. beigelaugh.gif

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dorian
post Jun 7 2004, 02:06 PM
Post #17

Local 804

Group: Associates
Member No.: 66

My name, is many things I guess. A tribute to my favorite author, Oscar Wilde. As well as to my favorite book, The Picture of Dorian Gray. But it also symbolizes alot of characters I role play. Very nieve at first but grow more intelegient as the story progresses. Alot of mycharacters usually end up dieing just like Dorian at the end of the book also. Kinda weird actually, lol.

+Quote Post
Bri-N
post Jun 7 2004, 02:46 PM
Post #18

Armor

Member No.: 40

My username is my name also.

Bri-N=Brian beigebigrazz.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriell
post Jun 7 2004, 03:03 PM
Post #19

Giga Frame

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 112

QUOTE (AC9breaker @ Jun 7 2004, 12:13 PM)
LoL yea, I remember thinking youre avatar was a girl at first intill I finally meet up with your character. He looked more butch and hairier then my Galka. beigelaugh.gif

Shhh, you're going to hurt Riker's feelings :(

--------------------
<CENTER>BlakWolf - Gabriell <BR>Level 46 WAR / 22 MNK / 20 PAL / 19 THF / 15 SAM</CENTER>

+Quote Post
Frosty
post Jun 7 2004, 04:38 PM
Post #20

King Lyrical

Group: Neophyte Caste
Member No.: 116

Frosty...hmm. Tough to remember since it's been so long. At one point, I was _xIcYBlAdEx_ on a very popular MSN game called "Ants". In my clan, there was a person named _xFrosTx_. We became very good friends, and after a while he stopped playing. So I decided to coin the name for my own. I named my PSO HUcast Xx_FrosT_xX, I'm sure a few people may remember him. As I gathered a circle of friends on PSO, they started reffering to me as "Frosty", so I guess the name kind of stuck with me.

Lyrical...I love writing poetry, and I love music. When I got SBC DSL, I needed a new e-mail, so I thought of something that would describe me I guess. That came out to be lyrical.dreams. As with Frosty, people started reffering to me as just Lyrical, so the name stuck. My custom title is a spin-off of "King Leer". King Lyrical =)

--------------------
Even though I haven't reached lyrical perfection,
I'm still vibing through my words and artistic expression,
I took the wrong path, I needed some correction,
I haven't reached my goal, but I'm headed in the right direction

~lyrical.dreams A.K.A. Frosty

My vision fades out and I start to dream,
It brings realizations that things aren't necessarily what they seem,
Me, myself, and I all head this one-man team,
I'm here to gain knowledge, not all that C.R.E.A.M.

~lyrical.dreams A.K.A. Frosty

Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Phantasy Star Online Levels for Lyrical
.::Frosty (HUcast)::......:34+::.

+Quote Post
Light_Strata
post Jun 7 2004, 05:06 PM
Post #21

Ephemeral Hunter of the Eternal Blue

Member No.: 150

Hmmm...Actually, the name I use at the moment is actually my latest one, I used to use really stupid names before. In grade school I had this Bob stage so my name would be Bob001, cuz of the name then my favorite number (001, dont ask, I dont remember haha). But, Lightstrata huh. Its hard for me to trace back why I chose this name, however I remember the first time I used this was for my support priest in an mmorpg Ragnarok Online. Letsee, I know the light came from the whole cleric class thing, but strata I think was used by complete coincidence. I think it was a word I looked up after reading it from somewhere and it meant a layer. So, I figured, layer of light sounded pretty good and voila, Lightstrata was born! (I think =P) I remember I alsa used Firing_Strata and Strata_of_Fire for other things too...I gues I just liked the word.

-Light

--------------------
Something dies here, so can I, somewhere in between. Where the ground is made of stars and everything unclean.
-Dishwalla

+Quote Post
ArekuReiesu
post Jun 7 2004, 07:51 PM
Post #22

The Voice of Reason

Member No.: 104

Mine's plain simple... it's my first and last name roughly translated in Japanese. I forget what website it is, but I used it and found out my name had a cool meaning so... I stuck with it.

--------------------
"Life is all about mistakes, we just have to limit them."

SSBB FC: 3523-2010-3190 (Note I'm in the Philippines so expect laaaag)

+Quote Post
DivA
post Jun 7 2004, 10:14 PM
Post #23

Deus-Ex MachinA

Member No.: 44

great power there be in words, especially one’s name - i am known as either DivA or SparxX to those that know me; SparxX being the current evolution from my former (Sparxx-3) from the early days of PsO.. ^^ i like both in sound & style, as each seems to fit different aspects of my nature - DivA much closer.. but there are deviations, though i like the sound of DivA - i’m not so fond of the karmic associations tied to the dictionary standards - diva or deva..

so i’ve taken the liberty of reclaiming the words by empowering both with new meaning, hence the capitals A & X at the ends.. redeemed, both translate as follows:

SparxX - swift light
DivA - astral beauty

simple, oui? ;)

+Quote Post
Horosha Onikage
post Jun 8 2004, 03:34 AM
Post #24

Fade to Black.

Member No.: 77

'Horosha Onikage'... boy, that takes me back. I had an idea for a DnD character a long while ago, when I still lived in Guam and took part in regular sessions with an old friend back there.

However, this name of mine really stuck after I made a Thief in the first alpha of RO, which later became my sword and dagger wielding Assassin. I had to figure out a japanese-esque name... At the time, the name just seemed so... appropriate for that character. Hence, I kept it, and have been using it ever since.

That and a few other things that I should dare not mention. ;)

--------------------
<center>.:<i>yawn...</i>:.<br><br>Current Addiction(s) -<br>Phantasy Star Universe<br>La-Mulana</center>

+Quote Post
hamstar
post Jun 8 2004, 08:29 AM
Post #25

Local Ham product

Member No.: 119

hamstar...the story and how a vegetarian became obsessed with having the "ham" in all of his usernames/characters.
About 5 years ago now I was involved with the rave scene doing harm reduction (ask me what it is if you don't know) and out educating the public on the various substances they would put into their bodies.
This one guy was spouting off about rodents and hamsters while under the influence of ecstasy. Recently I had purchased 2 hamsters from Petsmart, they insisted both hamsters were male, however I begged to differ as from these two hamsters brought forth a legacy of 21 hamsters (it took me a while to realize which ones were male/female). I related the story to the drugged up person.
his quote: "damn boy...you the fuckin hamsta masta. They should call you ham-muthafuckin-star!"
And from that night forth I was known to people in the rave scene, and parts beyond as Hamstar. A good amount of people only know me by that name and don't know my real name (it's Alex, btw).
Hamtaru - I like hamtaro...I called myself hamtaru in the game because...well...there is indeed a taru race. Though I like elves more than midgets and enjoy melee more than magic so I became a taru with a gladualar problem.

-Alex

--------------------
IPB Image
Hamtaru FFXI (retired)
75 rng 65 nin 37 war 34 bst 26 rdm 18 whm 16 blm 12 mnk
91 Woodworking 60 alchemy 60 bonecraft 60 goldsmithing 40 smithing

+Quote Post
Henge
post Jun 8 2004, 12:04 PM
Post #26

OpSec

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 2

I decided uppon Woe back before FFXI, when i was in the process of developing my character... i've always prefered a darker, villianous style as opposed to the righteous hero. i also like short names, that say alot.

Woe
n.

1. Deep distress or misery, as from grief; wretchedness
2. Misfortune; calamity

Can there be a woe or curse in all the stores of vengeance equal to the malignity of such a practice? --South.

Woe was this knight and sorrowfully he sighed. --Chaucer.

Woend©!

+Quote Post
Crushinator
post Jun 8 2004, 02:07 PM
Post #27

Holding these random memories

Group: Magister
Member No.: 8

QUOTE (hamstar @ Jun 8 2004, 08:29 AM)
This one guy was spouting off about rodents and hamsters while under the influence of ecstasy. Recently I had purchased 2 hamsters from Petsmart, they insisted both hamsters were male, however I begged to differ as from these two hamsters brought forth a legacy of 21 hamsters (it took me a while to realize which ones were male/female). I related the story to the drugged up person.
his quote: "damn boy...you the fuckin hamsta masta. They should call you ham-muthafuckin-star!"
And from that night forth I was known to people in the rave scene, and parts beyond as Hamstar.

This is the greatest story ever wrought by man. buttrock.gif beigelaugh.gif beigelaugh.gif

--------------------

Steam: MrCrushin PSN : MrCrushin XBL: Mr Crushin
I'm not a playa I just crush a lot.

+Quote Post
Vitamin D
post Jun 8 2004, 09:51 PM
Post #28

IS MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Group: Arbiter Caste
Member No.: 35

Vitamin D...quite the story for this haha. The name started with a milk commercial (go figure eh?). You remember those milk commercials with the guy dressed up as a milk carton? (probably not huh? beigebiggrin.gif) One of the commercials had him talkin' trash to some kids playing basketball. "Sports drinks? Colas? Is that workin' up there? You need something good, Vitamin D. Hey, if you need the D, you need me." Since my name is Dave, I used the "You need the D, you need me" part of the line. From this, my close friends called me Vitamin D (When and how exactly...I don't remember haha). Previously, I had no internet persona, and GameFAQs became the first site that I used Vitamin D as my name. Luckily, this was also JUST in time for PSO, and it became my name for the game. The line "You need the D? Then you need me!" is a slightly altered line from the commercial that I use as "my line." beigebigrazz.gif And there you have it.

--------------------
<center>
"You Need The D? Then You Need Me!"

+Quote Post
Nynaeve
post Jun 9 2004, 08:03 AM
Post #29

Soul Frame

Member No.: 137

QUOTE (Crushinator @ Jun 8 2004, 02:07 PM)
QUOTE (hamstar @ Jun 8 2004, 08:29 AM)
This one guy was spouting off about rodents and hamsters while under the influence of ecstasy.  Recently I had purchased 2 hamsters from Petsmart, they insisted both hamsters were male, however I begged to differ as from these two hamsters brought forth a legacy of 21 hamsters (it took me a while to realize which ones were male/female).  I related the story to the drugged up person.
his quote: "damn boy...you the fuckin hamsta masta.  They should call you ham-muthafuckin-star!"
And from that night forth I was known to people in the rave scene, and parts beyond as Hamstar.

This is the greatest story ever wrought by man. buttrock.gif beigelaugh.gif beigelaugh.gif

Amen! However...unless you are the slightly deranged person behind this page:

http://hamstercurry.com/noodlebar.htm

someone else likes that name too... *grin*

+Quote Post
Merodi
post Jun 13 2004, 05:47 PM
Post #30

Armor

Member No.: 136

My name is my real life name in Japanese.

Woe be to someone who asks me to choose a name...I take forever and a day, especially when it comes to playing RPGs. I like including to many things into a name...so I figured my name alone is just as good as any, lest I stay in front of the computer for a year trying to think up of just the right name.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 07:44 AM