Reply to this topicStart new topic
A Scanner Darkly, and a job for scu
Dive
post Jan 27 2005, 06:12 PM
Post #1

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

Fans of Phillip K. Dick's work, and his novels that made it to the big screen like Blade Runner, Total Recall, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, will be pleased to know that production is underway on A Scanner Darkly. Phillip K. Dick is the master of cerebral storytelling, focusing on the mysteries of who we are and the limits of perceived reality.

The movie is employing computer assisted Rotoscoping, basically animation over live footage, much like the director, Peter Linklater's earlier film, Waking Life.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The production company is also in the process of seeking artists based in the Austin, TX area to work on the film. They want people who are skilled in line drawing and experienced with Flash programming.

A Scanner Darkly production job openings in Austin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
unitself
post Jan 28 2005, 12:33 AM
Post #2

green and square

Group: Paragon Caste
Member No.: 49

WHOA.
All I can say is thank the stars that Keanu is in it. Damn! That guy can act! Man!!! bash.gif

Austin is fast becoming a movie town. I heard, just last night, that almost as many movies were shot here last year as were in New York.

Hrm... I wonder if they need any green, boxy robots? Cause I got loads of them!

Seriously though... If they can pull it off, this should be super cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Jan 29 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #3

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

I'm a big fan of Dick's works. Valis was a great read. I can't wait. And the look of the film is interesting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AC9breaker
post Jan 31 2005, 11:37 AM
Post #4

Soul Hunter

Group: Magister
Member No.: 23

If I recall correctly, Total Recall was the movie with Arnold Scharzenegger?
and I wanted to see Eternal Sunshine on the spotless mind when it came out but, never got the chance. I never knew those where based off books and from the same Author. I'd like to look into this.

I have seen Waking Life and it was a pretty heavy movie. The style in which it was presented help to convey some of the ideas I think but the content of the movie was just so overwhelming I don't think I was able to grasp the whole thing. Only bits and parts of it. but this looks like it would be a good deal. (O^-')>

--------------------
"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an Excerpt from a Night Lords Novel Void Stalkers Chapter X: Revenge

+Quote Post
Scan_Man
post Feb 2 2005, 01:03 PM
Post #5

Grand Armor

Group: AT Certified
Member No.: 71

You also have Minority Report and Paycheck too that he wrote as short stories. As you know they made them into movies too.

One thing about Dick though, is a lot of his works like A Scanner Darkly are a bit trippy. Its hard to figure out what actually is based on the man's life or is just fiction.

Eternal Sunshine is not a work of Dick. A lot of the themes and ideas are similar to something Dick would write.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dive
post Feb 2 2005, 01:55 PM
Post #6

Antarctica Traffic Control

Group: Dark Templar
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Scan_Man @ Feb 2 2005, 01:03 PM)
Eternal Sunshine is not a work of Dick. A lot of the themes and ideas are similar to something Dick would write.

Wow good call I was sure this was a Dick story in some form.

Check out this game based on Ubik from 1998, no screenshots to view though but looks interesting and hard to find.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:11 PM